[Discussion] Canadian Galaxy Note 7

NIKKOTUASON

Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
Hmm. So we do have a time limit to exchange our devices. I guess I'll be keeping my N930FD as a memento when I get the next Note. Sucks I can't swap it + pay a little something for the next gen.

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Hmm. So we do have a time limit to exchange our devices. I guess I'll be keeping my N930FD as a memento when I get the next Note. Sucks I can't swap it + pay a little something for the next gen.
Rogers hasnt set a limit with me..they just want it back lol

Sent from my Note 7, S7 Edge or S6

Obs1234

May 20, 2007
Just got a call from the main Samsung number, plus 2 calls from a dedicated samsung number....and an email...they won't be replacing my replacement Note 7. Thats fine...I'll just use my VOIP number on it......maybe trade it in one year...but most likely will keep....

The dedicated number is 905-817-6478

die4you

Feb 18, 2011
why???? I don't understand N7 is recall.
so Samsung must exchange n7(any condition or bought from 3rd party; kijiji or craigslist) to Samsung galaxy s7 edge or s7.

Just got a call from the main Samsung number, plus 2 calls from a dedicated samsung number....and an email...they won't be replacing my replacement Note 7. Thats fine...I'll just use my VOIP number on it......maybe trade it in one year...but most likely will keep....

The dedicated number is 905-817-6478

Obs1234

May 20, 2007
Meh...Going to keep my Note 7. Have loaded WhatsApp and magic App. Free phoning...I have it hotspoted on my iphone...

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Pewp...playing with my Bell note 7...forgot to install the package disabler....new firmware to the 60% battery upgraded....reflashing back to 100% now...

I am glad I kept all files for the Note7...

shawnvick

Nov 10, 2016
Yikes - Mine still works but yesterday it started over heating

So for some reason, i don't know why mine always worked, i was charging to 100 with the block. And rogers never blocked mine. Yesterday i was charging it while in the car when i smelled a burning smell. IT got really hot. After a few try's i was able to power down. I officially started her up one last time to do one last back up. Looks like this is it. You guys have been wonderful. Did anyone get a s7 edge swamped out as a replacement ? If you go to the Samsung store do they just swap without receipt ?

Thanks for all the help, good luck to everyone with their notes. I will buy the Note 8 .. when ever that is.

jopa7

Apr 13, 2012
So for some reason, i don't know why mine always worked, i was charging to 100 with the block. And rogers never blocked mine. Yesterday i was charging it while in the car when i smelled a burning smell. IT got really hot. After a few try's i was able to power down. I officially started her up one last time to do one last back up. Looks like this is it. You guys have been wonderful. Did anyone get a s7 edge swamped out as a replacement ? If you go to the Samsung store do they just swap without receipt ?

Thanks for all the help, good luck to everyone with their notes. I will buy the Note 8 .. when ever that is.
Most probably the burning smell came from your car, not the phone itself lol. Good luck with your next device, we keep enjoying ours

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Obs1234

May 20, 2007
Just got a call from Samsung....calling from Dallax, TX. Of course since I am from canada I was not going to answer it...

Why on earth would they be calling from Dallas??? unless the number was spoofed.....

number is 972-830-1800

Obs1234

May 20, 2007
Package Disabler Pro for Samsung removed from Google play. Don;t know if this is temporary...been trying to get a response from site about activating.u

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Update..

They say they are having issues with activation.....update to be released in a few hours...