• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!

Search This thread

mark manning

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy we the moderation team have decided that 1 standalone thread for comparing devices is all we need. So have at it guys and gal! Within this thread compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. This means any tablets, phones, or other mobile devices comparison discussions will now go in this thread only. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understand and cooperation.

Cheers Mates :victory:
The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png

Last edited:

Zeuscluts

Feb 13, 2013
Mumbai
www.gfxbandits.com
Best Website To compare Any Devices

The best website I prefer to compare any devices of any XYZ company is.
www.gsmarena.com
Use the compare Function While viewing and phone specification.
And also the user review about the phone and the daily interest and popularity is available here.

I Always Use This
Don't Forget To Hit Thanks If this Website Helped you

Last edited:

kmh4321

Apr 4, 2013
Indore
Comparing the latest iPad and a newly released Android Tablet. Can anyone give me 3 good reasons for each device which is better and for what reason:

Latest iPad versus Latest Android Tablet

If you want a super smooth and a well designed and neat UI, excellent build quality and have money to spare, go for the latest iPad.

If you want real value for money and the pure Android experience and the awesome option to develop your own software, go for Nexus(7 or 10).

If you are in between both the two, go for the latest Samsung Tablet.

And most of all, if you want to send songs or apps via Bluetooth or have a file explorer, go for any Android tablet. :p

DCurrahee

Dec 4, 2011
Comparing either my old HTC Incredible or my newer S3 to this iPhone(4?) I have here from work doesn't seem fair. I don't know how anyone could use android and then go on to iPhone, it seems so limiting. Also it's heavy for the size.

ycon

Apr 2, 2013
Nexus 7 or Xperia Z

Hi all,

I bought the nexus 7 a week ago but i haven't been that happy with the device (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2232569).

Im not sure I really need a tablet, and having another device to carry/charge is also a little annoying.

My iPhone 3GS is on the way out anyway- so i thought of returning my Nexus 7, and getting the Xperia Z instead.

Any comments on this? I do plan to read a lot on it (ereader). How is the xperia z to read on? Ok size?

gogetakarenz

Dec 25, 2012
purwokerto
Lumia 710 vs sony W8

i've been using my nokia lumia 710 for 6 month
i used custom ROM, so far lumia 710 so good, fast, smooth, good camera, can install xap application via pc, or direct download.

compare to my firnds android device W8, its lag, and limited in RAM

notey

Mar 31, 2013
tornerei after

samsung note 2 dual sim N1702 vs samsung grand duos I9082

can't decide :confused:

Nikronius

Feb 25, 2012
I also love gsmarena.com as some users have already pointed out... only "problem" I see is that you can't compare more than 2 devices at once...

Sent from my GT-I9305

cronus101

Mar 14, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Is the note 8 out yet?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

If you are getting a phone for mainly reading, I suggested either an amoled screen, for battery saving purposes, or a lcd3 screen, which imo, looks better. According to what I've read, the z's screen is washed out, so I would avoid it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NewWorldOrphan9

Aug 3, 2012
Still love my Samsung Galaxy SII! I'll skip right to the SIV when it drops though. I LOVE my new Tablet, Asus Transformer TF300T.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy we the moderation team have decided that 1 standalone thread for comparing devices is all we need. So have at it guys and gal! Within this thread compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. This means any tablets, phones, or other mobile devices comparison discussions will now go in this thread only. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understand and cooperation.

Cheers Mates :victory:
    The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png
    Best Website To compare Any Devices

The best website I prefer to compare any devices of any XYZ company is.
    www.gsmarena.com
    Use the compare Function While viewing and phone specification.
    And also the user review about the phone and the daily interest and popularity is available here.

I Always Use This
    Don't Forget To Hit Thanks If this Website Helped you
    Comparing the latest iPad and a newly released Android Tablet. Can anyone give me 3 good reasons for each device which is better and for what reason:

IPad has better apps, better accessories and better build quality (if compared to samsung). Latest android tablet can be hacked both software and hardware(presumably), and has the latest specs(except maybe gpu?)

If you want a super smooth and a well designed and neat UI, excellent build quality and have money to spare, go for the latest iPad.

If you want real value for money and the pure Android experience and the awesome option to develop your own software, go for Nexus(7 or 10).

If you are in between both the two, go for the latest Samsung Tablet.

And most of all, if you want to send songs or apps via Bluetooth or have a file explorer, go for any Android tablet. :p