• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] Cyanogen Mod On Galaxy Fit

Search This thread

Bewinxed

Jun 24, 2011
Amman
Bewinxed.deviantart.com
This is a thread to discuss Cyanogen Mod on Galaxy Fit, and possible bugfixes/what is working/what is not working/ and possibly get the job done

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167750 (i got most of the stuff here from there, thanks to TJ_Style for everything)

How to get Cyanogen on your Galaxy Fit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1260529

So yeah, Firstly, i tried cyanogen mod on Galaxy fit, now i need your help to gather all the things that are working, and things that aren't and make a list of them, as well as any files/patches/bugfixes available.

Link me and i'll keep updating the thread.

Things that are working:
- Themes (apply a theme and reboot to get it to work)
- DSP manager
- Soft Keys
- Bluetooth
- Wireless (the networks won't show in a popup but will show through wifi settings :D )
- Video PlayBack
- LCD density
- Themes
- Almost everything?

Things that are NOT working:
- some videos in the gallery (mostly 360p mp4 videos downloaded from youtube) codec relate i think. [edit] Now Working!
- Camera [edit] Now Working!
- Sound Plays through Top speaker when the headphone is plugged in.
- Overclocking
-Wifi/USB tethering Don't Work
- Please Tell me so i can list them

Bug Fixes Go Here (Please confirm if they work!)

- Wifi Works, Long Press the wifi button after turning it on and you'll see all available networks (The Network List will NOT popup like in the stock ROM) :3

- Bluetooth Works well (But not on first boot, just reboot once and all is good :3)

- You Can Use Fx File Explorer if you don't like the normal file explorer (found here https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.fx)

- Themes : Use an LDPI theme and reboot to get it to work

I do NOT care about thanks, Please DO NOT Reply to this thread if you don't have anything to add to the info mentioned here, if you have anything to add please do, if not, just press thanks and keep watch :)

I hope we can get a stable release, Vish, u there? Q-Q

Last edited:

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
Camera app is working for me..I guess its a third party camera app that had came preinstalled with cm7..I'm using the cm rom which is actually ported for galaxy fit

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
Another issue is about developing some custom kernels to get CPU overclock working..I have tried tjs overclocked kernels but none of them working

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
One more thing cm7 for fit has not been posted on xda yet so only few people know about it

Bewinxed

Jun 24, 2011
Amman
Bewinxed.deviantart.com
I dont think FM's a big issue ...Main problem is the Video Codecs !!!

Did you ask tj_style about it? can those be fixed, any links you can provide?

Camera app is working for me..I guess its a third party camera app that had came preinstalled with cm7..I'm using the cm rom which is actually ported for galaxy fit

What is the camera app you used? please provide a name and please include the method you used, so i can update the thread

Another issue is about developing some custom kernels to get CPU overclock working..I have tried tjs overclocked kernels but none of them working

So it's confirmed then? the overclocking kernel doesn't work? well if you can get any info about porting it please do post.

One more thing cm7 for fit has not been posted on xda yet so only few people know about it

can someone here post it? it'd be nice.

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
1st camera app that is working came pre installed with cm7 2nd those kernels didn't worked Cox they were actually ported for galaxy mini rom to be flashed with cwm so they didn't worked

Bewinxed

Jun 24, 2011
Amman
Bewinxed.deviantart.com
Reactions: suryapreet27

justkiddinghere

Jun 8, 2011
new delhi

camera working for me too :p

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

galary takes a whole lot of time to load

theme chooser dosnt work with many themes notification bar force close

LCD density dosnt work (its must needed my fevrt app)

file manager need to be update it suck

contacts need to be update no grouping

msg app need to be updated bcz we can not send mst to recent or group it must needed in a msg app

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
camera working for me too :p

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

galary takes a whole lot of time to load

theme chooser dosnt work with many themes notification bar force close

LCD density dosnt work (its must needed my fevrt app)

file manager need to be update it suck

contacts need to be update no grouping

msg app need to be updated bcz we can not send mst to recent or group it must needed in a msg app

Good suggestions

bbily

Jul 3, 2011
Hey guys! How to backup this rom and user data?? Titanium backup is not working! (Or is it just my phone?) :eek:
Any suggestions??
Thanks

bbily

Jul 3, 2011
Titanium backup is working fine.

Then why It doesn't open in my phone?? ::confused::
I've been installing and uninstalling and rebooting for an hour but no use..
Btw, are you using free version or pro?? Does it has to do anything with this problem?
Thanx for helping!

EDIT: reflashing for the 3rd time with fresh download of rom solved the problem! :eek: :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using XDA App

Last edited:

Gendows

Nov 24, 2010
Kafr El-Shiekh
www.gendows.com
Contacts need some tweaks... i liked the prev Call & Message swipe :(

the messaging keyboard don't have enter key (add new line) .... but i can install another one :D

Last edited:

unisat

Sep 14, 2008
youtube only audio works . Needs codecs for videos.

The attached zip file ( Includes the necessary video codecs) works for Cyanogen 7.1 for Galaxy Mini. It is flashed from CWM.

May be someone here modify it to work for Cyanogen 7.1 for Galaxy Fit and make an update.zip file to work from recovery in Fit

Attachments

• tjstyle-omxlibs.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 81

Gendows

Nov 24, 2010
Kafr El-Shiekh
www.gendows.com
1- Mic Volume is tooooooo low.... any help plz... no one hears me after installing this rom :'(

2- AutoCAD WS auto close every time i run it....
Any help plz.. i need that program

From my Glaxy Fit

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread to discuss Cyanogen Mod on Galaxy Fit, and possible bugfixes/what is working/what is not working/ and possibly get the job done

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167750 (i got most of the stuff here from there, thanks to TJ_Style for everything)

How to get Cyanogen on your Galaxy Fit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1260529

So yeah, Firstly, i tried cyanogen mod on Galaxy fit, now i need your help to gather all the things that are working, and things that aren't and make a list of them, as well as any files/patches/bugfixes available.

Link me and i'll keep updating the thread.

Things that are working:
    - Themes (apply a theme and reboot to get it to work)
    - DSP manager
    - Soft Keys
    - Bluetooth
    - Wireless (the networks won't show in a popup but will show through wifi settings :D )
    - Video PlayBack
    - LCD density
    - Themes
    - Almost everything?

Things that are NOT working:
    - some videos in the gallery (mostly 360p mp4 videos downloaded from youtube) codec relate i think. [edit] Now Working!
    - Camera [edit] Now Working!
    - Sound Plays through Top speaker when the headphone is plugged in.
    - Overclocking
    -Wifi/USB tethering Don't Work
    - Please Tell me so i can list them

Bug Fixes Go Here (Please confirm if they work!)

- Wifi Works, Long Press the wifi button after turning it on and you'll see all available networks (The Network List will NOT popup like in the stock ROM) :3

- Bluetooth Works well (But not on first boot, just reboot once and all is good :3)

- You Can Use Fx File Explorer if you don't like the normal file explorer (found here https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.fx)

- Themes : Use an LDPI theme and reboot to get it to work

I do NOT care about thanks, Please DO NOT Reply to this thread if you don't have anything to add to the info mentioned here, if you have anything to add please do, if not, just press thanks and keep watch :)

I hope we can get a stable release, Vish, u there? Q-Q
    1st camera app that is working came pre installed with cm7 2nd those kernels didn't worked Cox they were actually ported for galaxy mini rom to be flashed with cwm so they didn't worked

I tried flashing cwm using the file here http://www.mediafire.com/?0nhu0rnqxcd40wd and the camera app would hang on each try? and of course the kernels don't work :p
    youtube only audio works . Needs codecs for videos.

The attached zip file ( Includes the necessary video codecs) works for Cyanogen 7.1 for Galaxy Mini. It is flashed from CWM.

May be someone here modify it to work for Cyanogen 7.1 for Galaxy Fit and make an update.zip file to work from recovery in Fit
    Those are already included man
    Did any one tested it, can show any screenshot?
    i did... it's the same as here but they said that that one has video codec fix

the same screens... the same way ... every thing is the same as the one from this forum