[DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 11/KitKat [BOOTS!]

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Hey,

I've created this thread to ask everyone who owns this device (be it the H, the F or just the A3000 variants) for help.
Long story short: Lenovo did publish the kernel source, but it's incomplete and therefore not compilable.
Using a prebuilt zImage, I have managed to build an (actually) fully working CWM. But that's of no use if we have nothing to flash. :D
Now, what can you do?
a) Prove me wrong and point me to a complete kernel ☺
b) "Force" Lenovo to publish complete sources by spamming them with Emails or something similar on social networks. Believe me or not - this could seriously work.
c) If you're a developer willing to collaborate - PM me.

Thanks.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

faissl

Feb 6, 2013
Cairo
I knew that MediaTek did not want to release driver updates (for Android 4.3/4.4) of its mobile SoC, MediaTek MT8389 (I do not know for what strange reasons).
This problem is well known to the owners of ASUS MemoPad HD 7, that has similar SoC (MT8125)!

So our target will be Mediatek not Lenovo?

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad A3000-H using XDA mobile app

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Hi. As I know, working kernel sources exsists. Luckasfb has been built kernel for chinese firmware. We just need to ask him for sources.
I know... And I have asked him to share them with me or upload them somewhere, but he doesn't want to.

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
I have tried everything, completing the source and convincing luckasfb to share his sources. But all he wants is money, just like MediaTek.

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
I don't know. He just said he wants to earn money with his kernel.

faissl

Feb 6, 2013
Cairo
Since this is an open source activity, why we don't make a "call for volunteers"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, CM11 isn't far! I have just made it boot and will try to iron the bugs out. :)

Small teaser :p

cm-a3.png
    Hey,

I've created this thread to ask everyone who owns this device (be it the H, the F or just the A3000 variants) for help.
    Long story short: Lenovo did publish the kernel source, but it's incomplete and therefore not compilable.
    Using a prebuilt zImage, I have managed to build an (actually) fully working CWM. But that's of no use if we have nothing to flash. :D
    Now, what can you do?
    a) Prove me wrong and point me to a complete kernel ☺
    b) "Force" Lenovo to publish complete sources by spamming them with Emails or something similar on social networks. Believe me or not - this could seriously work.
    c) If you're a developer willing to collaborate - PM me.

Thanks.

My only hope is flash a rom.zip by cwm like your cm11. Can i have it? Thank you!:good:

Ps: sorry for my bad english

Sure, you can get it from here: [ROM][4.4.4][WIP] CyanogenMod 11.0 for A3000-H [UNOFFICIAL]
    What the point of publishing incomplete source code?

Good question. Ask MediaTek and/or Lenovo.

Hi everybody,

I am interesting to get cyanogenmod on my S6000-H.
    As i know the A3000-h is very similar to the S6000-h. The only different is the screen.

I know that this is a A3000 thread, but i want to ask if it is very difficult to port cm11 on S6000.
    Cyanogenmod on A3000-h and wiko stairway are the only devices I know were cm is booting.

Are there any chances?

Thank in advanced for all advises.

Hans_Werner

I no longer support (or maintain, if you will) the A3000-H. However, if you have a working kernel source for S6000-H, it shouldn't be very hard to get CM11 booting. If I remember correctly, @gwhite5 was also working on the S6000-H - maybe you two could team up?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone