[DISCUSSION]Cyanogenmod 12 for LG L3 II(E430), what do we have, and what do we need?

Search This thread

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
EDIT: We got it! It boots. But some things like RIL and audio are not working, but we'll get this sorted out soon.
Official thread here: http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7-l9-ii/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-1-lg-l3-ii-t3297897
Hey guys! It seems like Caio has left the "scene", and we're left with CM11... Is there anyone able to "take over" the development of CM12 for E430? I know a little bit, but I can't do it myself....
Alright, what do we have?
What do we probably need?
  • A device tree for CM12.1 for L3 IINot needed.
  • Vendor files for CM12.1 for L3 IINot needed.
  • Lollipop kernel.Not needed.
We need a skilled developer/group of developer to do this. Anyone willing to participate? Any help is appreciated :)
Some more details: when I build CM12.1, it stops after building surfaceflinger. If you got any questions, ask me :)
Feel free to join me at the IRC channel for a little mindstorm: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=teamvee
EDIT: I managed to build CM12.1 for LG L3 II, but I don't know if it's working or not - download here and tell me: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24345424848488130
Everyone, if you can help us create CM12.1, PM me your Telegram username (a great IM), I'll add you to a group chat. @aidasaidas75 @IGGYVIP and other devs are welcome.

Last edited:
C

Caio99BR

Hey guys! It seems like Caio has left the "scene", and we're left with CM11... Is there anyone able to "take over" the development of CM12 for E430? I know a little bit, but I can't do it myself....
  • A device tree for CM12.1
  • Vendor files for CM12.1
  • Lollipop kernel.
We need a skilled developer/group of developer to do this. Anyone willing to participate? Any help is appreciated :)
Some more details: when I build CM12.1, it stops after building surfaceflinger. If you got any questions, ask me :)
Feel free to join me at the IRC channel for a little mindstorm: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=teamvee

First you forgeted https://github.com/TeamVee/android_device_lge_vee-common and second i will still here if anyone need, i builded CM12.1 but, without any reason, the ROM not boot, but i not tried again.
Possible, maybe, i try to build this again after update of MK.
And my last TWRP is from CM12.1 :p

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
First you forgeted https://github.com/TeamVee/android_device_lge_vee-common and second i will still here if anyone need, i builded CM12.1 but, without any reason, the ROM not boot, but i not tried again.
Possible, maybe, i try to build this again after update of MK.
And my last TWRP is from CM12.1 :p

Yeah, it's that recovery I built :D Also, I can't test ROMs for L3 II anymore, I changed to Windows Phone :D But I think my cousin still has my old L3 II. I'll see. BTW I got a new PC, with a quad-core Intel Core i5-4460, and I set up a VM on it, so can build and build and build :D BTW You don't have to build, it's not building...

Last edited:

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
I can test anything I've got dev phone e430 and not scared of bricks. So dangerous builds send to me first before you flash yourself new paper weight ...

Caio where did you get drivers for kk ? What device ? Does it have lollipop?

Also I'm not sure if possible to get lollipop working at all since bootloader will need upgrade too :/

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
I can test anything I've got dev phone e430 and not scared of bricks. So dangerous builds send to me first before you flash yourself new paper weight ...

Also I'm not sure if possible to get lollipop working at all since bootloader will need upgrade too :/
I'm a noob. Explain to me, why will the bootloader need an upgrade? It worked fine from 4.1 to 4.4. Has Lollipop brought some new kinda... thing? I was also wondering how Caio got the drivers... And have you tried that recovery for CM12.1? Is it working? I can't test myself since I don't have that phone anymore. Technically I do, but I can't brick it.

Last edited:

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
Need more info and need a dev

I'm a noob. Explain to me, why will the bootloader need an upgrade? It worked fine from 4.1 to 4.4. Has Lollipop brought some new kinda... thing? I was also wondering how Caio got the drivers... And have you tried that recovery for CM12.1? Is it working? I can't test myself since I don't have that phone anymore. Technically I do, but I can't brick it.
The bootloader I'm not 100% sure but all older devices needed bootloader upgrade before they booted into lollipop from kk.
Something about secure boot and the new way it handles things.

Not tested the recovery yet but no point yet really
first we need more info on what we stand on in terms of bootloader / drivers

Caio99BR are you here ?
What device did you use as base for cm11 on L3II ?

Also I think this phone has already done very big jump with 4.4.4 and running over 150% intended level.
Lets face it Lollipop will never be stable enough to be daily driver specially that making custom lollipop kernel is near impossible without proper sources ... And stock one (still not existing lollipop one) will be super slow with no useful functions.

I would like to see it happen but it will take pain and broken fingers from hitting keyboards
I'm just not sure if it makes sense since screen resolution is so low and general hardware is not ready for functions brought by 5.1
Basically there will be more pain than gain good for side project but not really something for public

4.4.4 on it is great and I think it should gracefully get old here with all the tweaks we managed

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
The bootloader I'm not 100% sure but all older devices needed bootloader upgrade before they booted into lollipop from kk.

Caio99BR are you here ?

Also I think this phone has already done very big jump with 4.4.4 and running over 150% intended level.
Lets face it Lollipop will never be stable enough to be daily driver specially that making custom lollipop kernel is near impossible without proper sources ... And stock one (still not existing lollipop one) will be super slow with no useful functions.

I would like to see it happen but it will take pain and broken fingers from hitting keyboards
I'm just not sure if it makes sense since screen resolution is so low and general hardware is not ready for functions brought by 5.1
Basically there will be more pain than gain good for side project but not really something for public

4.4.4 on it is great and I think it should gracefully get old here with all the tweaks we managed
Ohh, secure boot, alright. I see.
I heard that Lollipop actually runs better than KitKat, and it was optimized for devices with 512 MB of RAM.
At least we can try and get it to build. We can build a recovery, which is a first step according to the porting wiki :D
So, I was right, we need device files, vendor files, and a kernel for Lollipop?
If Caio could tell us where he got the files for KitKat, we could do something....

C

Caio99BR

First only the Adreno is not updated, because of vsync is broken and new Adreno Blobs use hwcomposer and this is broken because vsync. When i tried to test in KK with new Adreno Blobs this happened:
photo_2015_12_22_22_21_11.jpg

Second from L5, and yes but @aidasaidas75 confused all commits, and not said the recipe to anyone.
And last i have thought this but no way to change this, the display driver of bootloader is hard edited by LG, yes i tried.

Note: No one build can make a brick of device, only if fstab is edited :p

And not say drivers, say vendor blobs or kernel drivers, this not is windows

Caio99BR are you here ?

I think you wanted to say the kernel and ramdisk.
Use "@" i will see this in seconds
I used L5/L7/MSM7x27a-Common/and some others msm7x27a devices
I think this cant be able to daily usage, but with DualBootPatcher, all will be possible.
I have through this too, but the Android Wear saved us :D, and if this work is a good progess, btw the last.

Ohh, secure boot, alright. I see.
I heard that Lollipop actually runs better than KitKat, and it was optimized for devices with 512 MB of RAM.
At least we can try and get it to build. We can build a recovery, which is a first step according to the porting wiki :D
So, I was right, we need device files, vendor files, and a kernel for Lollipop?
If Caio could tell us where he got the files for KitKat, we could do something....

Device tree, vendor files and kernel need someone with experience to this, like @aidasaidas75, but him left L5 CM12 support.

My english is bad and my keyboard too :p
Sorry for mistypes and long post.

Topic subscript agan of right way now!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

See DualBoot Custom ROMs on the LG L3 II (via PC) in TOP FORUM DISCUSSIONS -------------------->
Just for case :p

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
First only the Adreno is not updated, because of vsync is broken and new Adreno Blobs use hwcomposer and this is broken because vsync. When i tried to test in KK with new Adreno Blobs this happened:
Second from L5, and yes but @aidasaidas75 confused all commits, and not said the recipe to anyone.
And last i have thought this but no way to change this, the display driver of bootloader is hard edited by LG, yes i tried.

Note: No one build can make a brick of device, only if fstab is edited :p

And not say drivers, say vendor blobs or kernel drivers, this not is windows

I think you wanted to say the kernel and ramdisk.
Use "@" i will see this in seconds
I used L5/L7/MSM7x27a-Common/and some others msm7x27a devices
I think this cant be able to daily usage, but with DualBootPatcher, all will be possible.
I have through this too, but the Android Wear saved us :D, and if this work is a good progess, btw the last.

Device tree, vendor files and kernel need someone with experience to this, like @aidasaidas75, but him left L5 CM12 support.

My english is bad and my keyboard too :p
Sorry for mistypes and long post.

Topic subscript agan of right way now!

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

See DualBoot Custom ROMs on the LG L3 II (via PC) in TOP FORUM DISCUSSIONS -------------------->
Just for case :p
Thanks for clearing up some stuff Caio!

Ok, so here are propertiary files for L5(for CM12.1): https://github.com/aidasaidas75/proprietary_vendor_lge/tree/cm-12.1-new/e610
And here are device blobs for L5(also for CM12.1): https://github.com/aidasaidas75/android_device_lge_e610
Let's see what we can do, we got @IGGYVIP, he knows a lot, and he pretty much started everything with modding L3 II, we can bring CM12.1 for our L3 II together!

Last edited:

ECr34T1v3

Jan 26, 2015
Aracaju, SE
ecr34t1v3.github.io
I am the orders! e-e

Wow! Let's see what we can do, I can help them in some respects too, and I can test whatever they want. I'm not afraid to have a paperweight, and I know it will be worth it. If they need a Tester, I am the orders! :D

MinusThousand

Nov 18, 2015
It's great idea to build CM12 on LG L3 II, and if we need testers, I have working E430 phone, and I can test unstable versions of this ROM.:D

aidasaidas75

Dec 21, 2012
Kedainiai
  • A device tree for CM12.1 for L3 II
  • Vendor files for CM12.1 for L3 II
  • Lollipop kernel.

Actually device l5 is not set correctly in your tread tbh almost all l5 dependencies set wrong in op even display caf

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
:D

Actually device l5 is not set correctly in your tread tbh almost all l5 dependencies set wrong in op even display caf

Yo dude long time no see :D

Any chance you could make git group with correct base set of whats there that can be used to build for vee3 :) ? (I'm aware there will be a lot to do and missing stuffs but nice set from you would be a great start :D )

aidasaidas75

Dec 21, 2012
Kedainiai
@aidasaidas75 :D happy days :) pure cm or else ?

@freeusername
Yo santy :D

Would you be interested in the challenge of kernel ?
We could really use your experience with custom building this :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :D

Kernel is easy peazy lemon squizy.:D I was hooked on csgo but now synched cm12.1 and and started messing around it . I have new git and started everything from scratch for e610 and e430

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
Kernel is easy peazy lemon squizy.:D I was hooked on csgo but now synched cm12.1 and and started messing around it . I have new git and started everything from scratch for e610 and e430

Cool, seems like the Optimus L series won't die so quick! Thanks to people like you, IGGYVIP or Caio the L3 II is usable. My Lumia 535 was sent to repair a MONTH ago, and they are still waiting for parts to arrive. I got a substitute device from my carrier, and surprise surprise, it's the L3 II. I know it's not my device, and that I'll have to pay if they figure out that I installed a custom ROM, but I couldn't resist. I installed CM11. The stock ROM is complete ****, it's laggy and unusable. I don't know for how much longer, but I can test. And when I'll have to return the L3 II, my cousin that got my old L3 II from me said that he'll test for me :)
I created this thread to encourage people to keep making ROMs for this phone, and it seems like we got our best developers back! I'll help you as much as I can, but I'm not as advanced as you guys! Although I learned how to build Cyanogenmod from source, and I got a great PC, building CM11(with cache enabled)on a VM took not even an hour! If you want me to do something, just tell me, I got lots of free time, and I'll do what I can to help!
Good luck to y'all, let's see what we can make together!

C

Caio99BR

Cool, seems like the Optimus L series won't die so quick! Thanks to people like you, IGGYVIP or Caio the L3 II is usable. My Lumia 535 was sent to repair a MONTH ago, and they are still waiting for parts to arrive. I got a substitute device from my carrier, and surprise surprise, it's the L3 II. I know it's not my device, and that I'll have to pay if they figure out that I installed a custom ROM, but I couldn't resist. I installed CM11. The stock ROM is complete ****, it's laggy and unusable. I don't know for how much longer, but I can test. And when I'll have to return the L3 II, my cousin that got my old L3 II from me said that he'll test for me :)
I created this thread to encourage people to keep making ROMs for this phone, and it seems like we got our best developers back! I'll help you as much as I can, but I'm not as advanced as you guys! Although I learned how to build Cyanogenmod from source, and I got a great PC, building CM11(with cache enabled)on a VM took not even an hour! If you want me to do something, just tell me, I got lots of free time, and I'll do what I can to help!
Good luck to y'all, let's see what we can make together!

Wow, you will gonna have a bad time if something goes wrong with you substitute device :p, just for case not test the CM12 builds, and i updated device tree (vee-common) and local manifests, these are the Display and Media repos used in CM12.1 by @aidasaidas75:
https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf
https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/hardware_qcom_media

Just for case (i like this phrase :D), my inspiration is people like you and these awesome devs who cares for keep this device alive (but sometimes get crazy and disappear sometimes because they are also people :p).

Note: i will be still here, just for case :D:p:silly::victory:

dadziokPL

Apr 26, 2013
Gdańsk
Wow, you will gonna have a bad time if something goes wrong with you substitute device :p, just for case not test the CM12 builds, and i updated device tree (vee-common) and local manifests, these are the Display and Media repos used in CM12.1 by @aidasaidas75:
https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf
https://github.com/SlimLP-Y300/hardware_qcom_media

Just for case (i like this phrase :D), my inspiration is people like you and these awesome devs who cares for keep this device alive (but sometimes get crazy and disappear sometimes because they are also people :p).

Note: i will be still here, just for case :D:p:silly::victory:

These are for Huawei Y300/G510. Are you sure these are gonna work?
Also, my carrier valued the phone at around 25 euro, If they figure out, I'll just have to pay it, but I can keep the phone forever, no big deal :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts