[DISCUSSION][CyanogenMod 14.1][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
I'd like to hear suggestions on the best way to quickly turn display OFF.

At the moment I configured home button long press for this purpose, but this setting made the home button clunky, i.e. now it almost always reacts at the second touch rather than the first one.

Also I found that some gestures applications I use often are not compatible with Android 7.0, namely "GMD Gesture Control" and "All in one gestures".

I'd welcome any suggestion on what apps you guys tried for gestures management, because with a screen this big I find very useful to use this type of stuff.

Gerrit507

Jul 24, 2015
Germany
I'd like to hear suggestions on the best way to quickly turn display OFF.

At the moment I configured home button long press for this purpose, but this setting made the home button clunky, i.e. now it almost always reacts at the second touch rather than the first one.

Also I found that some gestures applications I use often are not compatible with Android 7.0, namely "GMD Gesture Control" and "All in one gestures".

I'd welcome any suggestion on what apps you guys tried for gestures management, because with a screen this big I find very useful to use this type of stuff.

Swipe2Sleep? (Statusbar)

Reactions: Giocarro

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
Today I made the first phone call since I installed Daleski 10/08 build and the other party experienced a bad echo issue.
Did anyone managed to get around this problem or at least alleviate it?

quendo9

Mar 1, 2015
Today I made the first phone call since I installed Daleski 10/08 build and the other party experienced a bad echo issue.
Did anyone managed to get around this problem or at least alleviate it?

What's not working or general bugs:
Access points showing up twice
Echo in calls (only reported by a select few users)
Video/Calls in facebook messenger
Live Display keeps on reverting back if you select Photo Display Mode.

it is a known bug... should probalbly be fixed soon
maybe just clean flash

Reactions: phantom-1402

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
@quendo9, yes I am aware that this is a known bug and I also read some advices Daleski gave during the past days to some users affected; my question was whether these advices were of some help or not.

And yes, I performed a clean flash; I always do it as a rule of thumb before asking anything.

Reactions: phantom-1402

tukiii

Jan 29, 2013
Eindhoven
i'm on taker18's build from yesterday (+ opengapps nano). running great so far.
i've noticed that battery stats are not reset after charging to > 90%. Is this stock nougat behavior or just a bug?
Call quality is normal on other end, no echos reported.
Battery is not bad, almost on par with OOS (4h SOT).
Camera works (photo & video), i currently use OOS Cam for nougat roms (http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/themes/port-oxygenos-stock-camera-cm-t3451721) and it works great (except panorama).
Permissions pop up inside of apps is not displayed correctly, can be worked around by manually granting permissions in settings/apps.
Power menu customization gives FC.
No pocket mode implementation (yet), so screen was sometimes on in my pocket.

And one more thing: I set home button long press to screen off. When I unlock the phone and try to immediately turn off screen by long clicking home button, it doesn't work. i get a vibration feedback, but nothing happens (not even normal home behavior). I have to tap and hold again, then it works.

Last edited:

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
@tukiii; I can confirm the little issue setting home button to turn screen OFF. I end up performing a thing like "short press + long press" to be sure that the screen OFF command is triggered.

Lodberg

Jul 13, 2011
I see that Daleskis builds says non-rooted. Does that mean I have to flash SuperSU if I want root?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, finally i created a Discussion Thread ;-D

Visit my Unofficial ROM here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/development/rom-t3454940

Lets start here!

All the Best,
    Taker
    read two post before your post man really!? there is a video with all files and instructions, builds are not done by taker so how can he post!? this thread was made to keep everything clean and not ask repeated questions.

Builds are done by taker18 and myself :p

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Calm down. I don't understand what's so hard to put the link in the OP? How can we not ask repeated questions if one of the most important things (the link where we can download the build) is ignored. Must we all watch your video?

Click the link to go to the dev thread then scroll down and click on the link to download it... simple really.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

what is the difference between smoki, daleski and taker18 builds? which is better?

Builds done by myself and taker18 have no cherry picks and builds done by smoki can be considered a bit more experimental as they may have extra untested commits added.

But all in all you cannot go wrong with any of them and just make sure you are always using the most recent build you can.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I read the today's build have working Snap Camera and torch toggle; are screen-off gestures working, too?
    I mean drawing a circle to launch camera, drawing V to launch torc, etc.
    Thanks to Taker, Dalesky and Smoking for their help to the community.

My builds have none of that right now, smoki's builds do but I cannot comment on what works or doesn't
    I wouldn't say that 14 is better at the moment. Less..performance, less efficiency and lots of bugs. Wouldn't use it as a daily drive just yet... Don't see the benefits. I don't flash a higher version just to say yeah I already have Nougat. Kinda pointless...
    Hey guys so I figure since this is offtopic and shouldn't be talked about on the main thread, I was curious if any of you use Android Pay and are able to make a transaction without root? I have yet to be successful and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same issue. I apologize if I have already brought this up too many times, thanks!

It is known that Android pay doesn't work. I'm experiencing issues with that myself. They expect it is NFC. Wouldn't expect an update any time soon as this is not such an important focus.

Hi! I'm new to CM14 and tried out Taker18's builds, which ones do you recommend? Are there differences in terms of stability and which one is updated regularly?
    Thanks!

Just look at the latest one. They are getting more stable every day and all builders use the same repository, so these should be near identical. Daleski75 is the one who puts out builds most often, so it will probably be his build.
    That was working on a build a couple of days ago but not tested it since then.
    My bad then. I had the 1/10 build and it wasn't working on that, and it wasn't working on a build previous by Taker. Might try again tomorrow.????