[DISCUSSION] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.1)

Search This thread

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
i dont know much about android, so if this is a stupid question, im sorry :p

andy said that hw acceleration currenty isnt possible because of missing drivers and files (mentioned here). wouldn't we also need these files for hw acceleration in cm9 to work (if so where would we get these files)? or does cm9 already have these files?

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
I thought the GPU is not working? In fact, ALL the phones with Aderno 200 unable to get the HW Acceralation working...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

andy572

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2010
Germany, Munich (Deutschland, München)
you can imitate hw acceleration by routing 3D events through the hwcomposer module
to the framebuffer/copybit/gralloc - but, it makes no sense because you have to OC the
phone to almost 800Mhz to get a smooth ui. users here know about the fact of "run the cpu on the limit".
its very unstable and shortens the cpu/device life time...

solefero69

Mar 17, 2011
you can imitate hw acceleration by routing 3D events through the hwcomposer module
to the framebuffer/copybit/gralloc - but, it makes no sense because you have to OC the
phone to almost 800Mhz to get a smooth ui. users here know about the fact of "run the cpu on the limit".
its very unstable and shortens the cpu/device life time...

So, no way to get the HW acceleration without the fixed and update drivers, right? And if you never find them, we never see ICS on our phone?

willmon22

Oct 24, 2011
So is there a rom released yet for the optimus v? I have seen one for samsung galaxy nexus with a alpha version of cyanogen mod 9 somewhere on here.

gymfreak7855

Nov 30, 2011
Palmerston North
I doubt there will be a fully functional release of ics for p500 and v devices for atleast a year by then 5.0 will be out and we would have all upgraded our phones. There are a lot of issues around performance of the ics ui on the p500, and i have seen this in early ported alpha roms.

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Isn't that the reason there is alpha roms? To hammer out any issues there are and to help out those developing them in finding any issues the roms may have?

i was just gonna say that :)
not to mention that those roms are ports. here we are talking about building from source.

really the main problem with performance is the lack of hw acceleration, but as _Arjen_ said, the missing drivers/files will appear eventually.

have some faith in our developers :)

willmon22

Oct 24, 2011
I have full faith in the developers here. As all roms I have used so far flashed over perfectly fine and never bricked my phone at all. Just I found a stock rom and got the black screen once but I found the kernel that fixed that. But I will await for this to be released it will be great to have the latest android on my phone instead of 2 versions down because of googles mess up of not making the bumblebee release open source.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
What use do other screenshots have?
CM9 doesn't look that different as AOSP ICS :D
But if I feel like making screenshots I will post some,
but rather I give my full attention to make all/most things work so I can release a beta ;)

If you want to see some CM9 in action, look here.
Or screenies from other phone:
Ice-Cream-Sandwich_thumb.jpg
Galaxy-S-CM9_thumb.jpg
Cyanogenmod-9_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok guys....this is how i get the ui now (howewer this is the lg optimus gt540 mine patch is quite similar maybe my scroll is a bit smoother but just a little bit).....also mikegapinski had problems with transaction so you must disable them to get a stable experience after that mine seems stable and no have problems!!sooo...seems that much more of this we can't go further for now( i will try another idea with hwcomposer and liboverlay but i don't hope so much)....now the touchscreen....i elaborated a new .idc file but problems still remains after the first touch now i have changed the calibration to area instead of normalized but i don't have time now to try this.....and sensors! i'm quite porting some binder code from ginger (seems there are missing depndeancies for our sensors).....in summary this is the status of my work at moment !:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npOm6ObhT3g
    You know the answer so don't bother asking...
    Isn't that the reason there is alpha roms? To hammer out any issues there are and to help out those developing them in finding any issues the roms may have?
    What use do other screenshots have?
    CM9 doesn't look that different as AOSP ICS :D
    But if I feel like making screenshots I will post some,
    but rather I give my full attention to make all/most things work so I can release a beta ;)

If you want to see some CM9 in action, look here.
    Or screenies from other phone:
    Ice-Cream-Sandwich_thumb.jpg
    Galaxy-S-CM9_thumb.jpg
    Cyanogenmod-9_thumb.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone