[Discussion] Dirty Unicorns DU 12 Hammerhead (8.1) [Development Hult]

Search This thread

keretapanau

Mar 6, 2013
Hi....
Does any one has problem to flash new official du 12.1. I have problem to flash. Error 7....

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
nice to see du 12 for hammerhead. can anyone post about bluetooth call audio? is is still terrible?? this is the only issue i have with oreo, it seems that this problem will persist.

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
DU 12.1 with many source fixed up on official download page.

Read DU blog & git for changes.

My tip : clean flash recommended even though you can dirty flash over weekly.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
Is FaceLock working for you guys? Crashes with missing libs. To be honest I didn't clean flash from latest Weekly since this is my Backup Device and trying to decide if it's worth it.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
hey x, by any chance have you tested calls over bluetooth?? are they still distorted?? thats the only thing that sent me back to nougat.
No, not yet because I don't have a Sim Card in my N5 at the Moment. It's solely a WiFi Device to keep it with me in the Gym etc. where I wouldn't bring my Pixel.

But I'm using it with Bluetooth Headset to listen to Music. Also I remember I read somewhere that the Dev said this is incredible hard to fix because of the nature of the Nexus 5 being this old which is quite understandable.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet K1 mit Tapatalk

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
No, not yet because I don't have a Sim Card in my N5 at the Moment. It's solely a WiFi Device to keep it with me in the Gym etc. where I wouldn't bring my Pixel.

But I'm using it with Bluetooth Headset to listen to Music. Also I remember I read somewhere that the Dev said this is incredible hard to fix because of the nature of the Nexus 5 being this old which is quite understandable.

damn! yeah, i have heard similar comments from other maintainers. i have also heard that changing certain hard coded settings fixes this issue but i cant seem to find out what settings those are. i too use wireless headphones but when i try to answer or make a call it all goes to ****! i know the issue will be fixed eventually.

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
You can't flash Weeklies or Official over RC or you end up in Force Close Land. Also I wouldn't recommend a dirty flash from the latest Weeklie, messed up a few things, had to reset. Now everything works great.

Reactions: forb'S

lynnux

Jun 4, 2013
You can't flash Weeklies or Official over RC or you end up in Force Close Land. Also I wouldn't recommend a dirty flash from the latest Weeklie, messed up a few things, had to reset. Now everything works great.

What did it mess up? I've been traveling so didn't have time to clean flash.

szakalq

Jul 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Dirty flashed 12.1 over RC and everything breaks. Looks like i have to clean flash

From https://dirtyunicorns.com/
"– Reminders
Weeklies and official builds are signed with private keys. This means that if you’re on the official build or last week’s weekly, you can dirty flash this weekly. If you’re on anything other than that and want to use this weekly you MUST perform a full wipe in recovery. If you decide to disregard this and flash this weekly or the official build on top of anything, you will not be able to boot. Have fun looking at a black screen :p"

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
New weekly out, April 13th

Btw after keeping an eye on LOS 15 gerrit for a while, I think it about time that we'll see some official built soon from LOS as well.
Just my speculation seeing lot of changes in last 2 weeks ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DU just released first batch of official Oreo builds and Nexus 5 is lucky to be on 1st line as DU is first one from major custom ROMs league to release official Oreo for hammerhead after testing beta builds for months.

Since DU guys don't officially host/discuss on XDA I'm creating this thread as discussion thread for XDA DU enthusiasts to keep it organised and help each other, be inform this is no way official support thread.

All bug reports (with proper logs) and feature request should go to DU's JIRA
    Create Account and Select Project as Android-8.x DU12

You are Not allowed to share any Direct Links regarding DU builds in this thread. (DU maintainers has asked for same in past so we should respect their decision and go to Official G+ for links)

Please follow above rules as Nexus 5 now has only handful of official Maintainers and we don't want to lose them due to mischief of few members.

A simple Google search will also give you,

DU 12
    It flashed and booted fine for me, didn't have to do anything special. Used nano opengapps.

Battery life is great, best of the 8.1 ROMs I've tried. So far everything is smooth and works fine, except camera fc's. Easy enough to flash a working camera, which I did.

Very happy with this, and appreciate the maintainer for his work on hammerhead.
    How close do you think it is? I'd love to go back to LOS :angel:
    I can't say for sure but i think only major thing seems remain is to make camera2 api work with SELinux enforced.

Which is actually very tough task in my opinion because No one till date touched it, everyone since N uses some sort of hack to get around but @amaces from unlegacy is trying very hard for it. So if he succeeds we will get rock stable rom with everything working without hack 1st time since MM. Also i think it'll easier to port next versions i.e P if all this works out.

So let's just hope rather than giving LOS 15 quickly he actually get success in his hardwork.
    New weekly out, April 13th

Btw after keeping an eye on LOS 15 gerrit for a while, I think it about time that we'll see some official built soon from LOS as well.
    Just my speculation seeing lot of changes in last 2 weeks ;)
    New RC is up..Unfortunately clean flash is required as it's RC and not official release so Signature change:good: