• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] EMUI 9/Android Pie Beta started for BKL-L09C675 (Indian variant)

Search This thread

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hi Folks,

As title says, beta has been started for BKL-L09C675 for Indian model. Once beta is over or build is stable enough, you may expect the public release. Initially it was for very less number of users but then it was opened for many who all filled the beta request form.

Someone from beta group has shared the update on firmware finder but that is not yet approved for installation as it is bound with IMEI.

Anyone still looking for applying for beta can fill this form if there is a slot, they may add you to the beta program (there are more chances of being able to join beta currently)

5O7xshy.jpg

Last edited:

rockonhell

Nov 3, 2009
kathmandu
No. Thats incorrect. Send from about phone info. Fastboot is different IMEI post debranding

If that the case how are we able to receive the ota update pushed through imei number. I have al00 registered imei number how can I get indian l09 675 update.
I guys they are providing beta update through serial number.

Serial number authentication is new method they are trying to enforce. If serial number is used for ota update. I guess we will not receive any update in future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181030-112540.jpg
    Screenshot_20181030-112540.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 378

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
If that the case how are we able to receive the ota update pushed through imei number. I have al00 registered imei number how can I get indian l09 675 update.
I guys they are providing beta update through serial number.

Serial number authentication is new method they are trying to enforce. If serial number is used for ota update. I guess we will not receive any update in future.
Did you understand bro what i said?
IMEI is different in Fastboot and about phone info. Initially honor sent a form with serial number but then changed back to imei again. OTA that you are getting is imei based.

Regarding no update, you we will get, I am 200% sure, but on imei. Serial number is not changed in debranding so dont worry.
I have the beta running for 24 hours now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181030_175234.jpg
    Screenshot_20181030_175234.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 357

TASON42

Jan 14, 2017
successfully installed BKL-L09C636E3R1P8B108-log (9.0.0.108) from FF with NoCheck Recovery.
I really dont like chinese OEMs' app managing (too many options that duplicates),
and hate huawei lockscreen bcuz it slightly enlarges the picture i set,
and also darkens top and bottom of the screen which make overall lockscreen looks dimmer and dark.
but I can bear all these annoying things with new Camera app.
Still cant believe a software update can make this much difference with same hardware,
since ported oreo camera app for pie AOSP is not stable and takes mediocre pictures.
Cant wait EMUI 9 get Rooted and use this wonderful app with AOSP GSI.

Narasimha12

Jun 5, 2016
successfully installed BKL-L09C636E3R1P8B108-log (9.0.0.108) from FF with NoCheck Recovery.
I really dont like chinese OEMs' app managing (too many options that duplicates),
and hate huawei lockscreen bcuz it slightly enlarges the picture i set,
and also darkens top and bottom of the screen which make overall lockscreen looks dimmer and dark.
but I can bear all these annoying things with new Camera app.
Still cant believe a software update can make this much difference with same hardware,
since ported oreo camera app for pie AOSP is not stable and takes mediocre pictures.
Cant wait EMUI 9 get Rooted and use this wonderful app with AOSP GSI.
How did you flash?

Narasimha12

Jun 5, 2016
uh....sir? Can you plz at least read the VERY FIRST sentence?
DL from FF, install with NoCheck Recovery?
Hey sorry, I read it though.. somewhere I read that the beta program file contains just one, not three and flashing that resulted in bootloop for BKL-L09C675.. I think u need to have 3 files in order for Nocheck recovery to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Folks,

As title says, beta has been started for BKL-L09C675 for Indian model. Once beta is over or build is stable enough, you may expect the public release. Initially it was for very less number of users but then it was opened for many who all filled the beta request form.

Someone from beta group has shared the update on firmware finder but that is not yet approved for installation as it is bound with IMEI.

Anyone still looking for applying for beta can fill this form if there is a slot, they may add you to the beta program (there are more chances of being able to join beta currently)

5O7xshy.jpg
    Did you try to install beta?
    Already done. Smooth.
    No major bugs yet. Exploring.