[Discussion] Fate Go Magisk Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Dragladiator

Nov 23, 2017
Palembang
When i use Custom MM Miui on my Leeco Le 2, i cant get F/GO working. but after i installed Pie Custom ROM, i can play it flawlessly, i hope there will be work around for Procfs Leaks on Android 6.0 or below, cuz personally on every Custom ROM available for Leeco Le 2, i prefered MIUI

damager99

Jan 22, 2016
I have been having issues playing F/go with root on Samsung custom roms in the galaxy s7
Light rom 9+ port
latest kernel
shows erorr 60 when using uninstaller
safetynet in check
when using lineage based roms it works perfectly

Killua96

Apr 5, 2012
Castelvetro di Modena
I have been having issues playing F/go with root on Samsung custom roms in the galaxy s7
Light rom 9+ port
latest kernel
shows erorr 60 when using uninstaller
safetynet in check
when using lineage based roms it works perfectly

Somehow after installing FX File Explorer and installing its Root Addon , I cant run F/GO anymore, it show root error (Code 60) still on Android Pie.

The answer is the same for both of you, error 60 means that root is not hidden correctly or that there is a not-systemless modification like xposed or something with the Rom.
Error 60 has nothing to do with magisk itself.

Reactions: damager99

Dragladiator

Nov 23, 2017
Palembang
The answer is the same for both of you, error 60 means that root is not hidden correctly or that there is a not-systemless modification like xposed or something with the Rom.

I dont use Xposed or something, I even can run the game fine before i install FX File Explorer APP from Google Play Store, is the APP the culprit ?. after i uninstall FX File Explorer the game still detect root

Killua96

Apr 5, 2012
Castelvetro di Modena
I dont use Xposed or something, I even can run the game fine before i install FX File Explorer APP from Google Play Store, is the APP the culprit ?. after i uninstall FX File Explorer the game still detect root
I can confirm that the app is not the culprit, tried it myself and FGO works fine. As I said before error 60 is something with a system modification or a not-magisk root method, if you're not aware of the problem I would suggest to reinstall the stock Rom from scratch and see if it works or not.
Mind that also a magisk module could cause error 60 in FGO app

Dragladiator

Nov 23, 2017
Palembang
I can confirm that the app is not the culprit, tried it myself and FGO works fine. As I said before error 60 is something with a system modification or a not-magisk root method, if you're not aware of the problem I would suggest to reinstall the stock Rom from scratch and see if it works or not.
Mind that also a magisk module could cause error 60 in FGO app

Did you install Root Addon for FX File Explorer ?, i also uninstall all Magisk Module, still not working

damager99

Jan 22, 2016

Maybe the thing is its the same case with all custom Samsung roms I've tried I thought it might be something else since it shows 61 when I use hide

Killua96

Apr 5, 2012
Castelvetro di Modena
Maybe the thing is its the same case with all custom Samsung roms I've tried I thought it might be something else since it shows 61 when I use hide
If it shows error 61 then it's definitely magisk, if you don't use hide it's normal that FGO gives your error 60.
If you have already hid FGO in magisk hide and hid magisk manager and it still gives you error 61 it could be the proc leak that was discussed in the last months, but it's fixed on last Android versions with Magisk 18 so, if you don't have an old version of Android, such 6.0 marshmallow, I would suggest to change Rom, because yes, as you guessed it could be the Rom fault on messing with something

Last edited:

betous

Apr 7, 2015
I have a HTC Desire 530, installed the latest magisk canary and the game closes with error 61.
I can run the game restoring a backup of the original boot.img, is there a way to run the game without restoring the boot?, my phone has android 6.0.1 with sense 7.0_g

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I have a HTC Desire 530, installed the latest magisk canary and the game closes with error 61.
I can run the game restoring a backup of the original boot.img, is there a way to run the game without restoring the boot?, my phone has android 6.0.1 with sense 7.0_g

The game needs to be on the Hide list and the Manager repackaged, of course. But, until you update to Android 7+ there's nothing that can be done about the procfs leak that tells the game that you gave Magisk installed no matter what.

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_Hiding_root_from_apps

Reactions: Guilhermex12

Guilhermex12

Oct 21, 2017
I can't seem to get it working. Keep getting error 61 & 60
Running on 7.1 LineageOS with latest canary build
Both Fate GO & MM are hidden
All safetynet checks passed
Freshly flashed ROM, no Xposed or anything
No leaks detected in Procgate
Running magisk uninstaller makes Fate GO working normally
Thats weird. I flashed a ROM based on Lineage OS 7.1 and i'm with the same problem now...

Updated: I tried 5 Nougats ROMs and Fate didn't launch in all of then... tried Oreo roms and worked fine, it seems that there is some breach in Nougat...

Last edited:

Volmie

Apr 18, 2017
I keep getting error 61 on a 7.1.2 rom with Magisk 18 on my old Nexus 7 2012. I checked ProcGate and apparently I have a few leaks, but trying to fix them just presents me with "remount failed". I feel like I might just be screwed without any chance of getting it working, but if there's anything else I can try please let me know.

This is the rom in question that I'm using:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7/development/rom-android-7-aosp-grouper-t3467514

Mar 6, 2017
I keep getting error 61 on a 7.1.2 rom with Magisk 18 on my old Nexus 7 2012. I checked ProcGate and apparently I have a few leaks, but trying to fix them just presents me with "remount failed". I feel like I might just be screwed without any chance of getting it working, but if there's anything else I can try please let me know.

This is the rom in question that I'm using:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7/development/rom-android-7-aosp-grouper-t3467514

Yeah, remount fails mean that your fix doesn't work.
Maybe you can tell the ROM maintainer to include that patch?

Guilhermex12

Oct 21, 2017
EdXposed and Fate

Anyone here using EdXposed and able to use it with Fate GO?? Tried using White/Black List mode, Compat mode, nothing worked, Fate refuses to open, Error 60, something with root... but it works fine with Magisk only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any update in error 16882567

Just downgrade magisk to version 19.3. FGO will start working correctly after that.
    Just wanted to create a thread similar to the Pokémon Go one because i've seen the only one having problems with this app and magisk despite the John announncement made in September...
    Anyway, back to the main topic, in this thread i would like to gather all users with some requirements:
    - Fate GO istantly closes, opens the default mail app and prompts the "Error 61" in the mail, other errors have nothing to do with magisk.
    - Latest version of Magisk Dev
    - Magisk Hide enabled and Fate GO ticked in the list
    - Magisk Manager hidden
    - Check if other apps (Like GPay for example) find Magisk/Root or not
    - Safetynet "full" passes
    - No Xposed
    - Running the uninstaller of magisk makes Fate GO working normally
    - Always write: ROM, Kernel, Magisk Version, Fate GO version and region (NA, CN, JP ecc...)

Thanks in advance to everyone that will help with this problem or share their experiences or thoughts, and if someone else would like to test itself you can find the apk on APKPure if it's no present on play store.
    Hello, I'm sorry for you, but I'm the same, and the worst is that I recently installed magisk, just yesterday, because I thought it would work with Fate G / O but apparently I happen the same as you, it was supposed to be fixed, right?
    By the way, just to complete other apps I can't find magisk.
    -StockRom Android 6.
    -Kernel 3.18.19+
    -Last Magisk Dev
    -Last ver JP and NA
    Debug usb has nothing to do with error 61, which is magisk, that's why I specified it in the list xD

Yep, it was supposed to bi fixed since September, but the majority of the players here and on reddit reported the opposite, I've tried anything suggested and to ask it many times in many threads and for now I'm stuck with a not-rooted OP6...
    Btw I got it "barely working" with the app "Island" but I say "barely" because sometimes it didn't work.

I tried flashing the reddit hide zip and several more until I surrendered, after all I gave him delete without remembering to save the save code.
    It's weird, because I installed magisk believing that go would work, if a bank app works because it wouldn't work fate GO?
    It seems that I was wrong.
    Just downgrade magisk to version 19.3. FGO will start working correctly after that.

Thanks. Can confirm this works. Downgraded to Magisk 19.3 and the game no longer throws up ErrorCode = 16882567

I knew this error had something to do with Magisk since the game loads fine after removing it with the uninstaller zip. I tried downgrading to 19.4 from 20.1 previously and I still got the error code. I was prepared to take a leap of faith by wiping everything and trying LineageOS 16 to get this game running with root. Now I can't believe I didn't try downgrading Magisk further. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Jan 3 2020

Well after a few weeks with stock V20 H918 Oreo with horrible battery drain and the only custom Oreo kernel having broken memory management (mk2000), I've decided to take the leap and wipe everything clean to start fresh on LinerageOS 16. I can confirm that the latest Magisk 20.2 works perfectly fine with FGO 1.37.0 and LOS16 (Android Pie) on the LG V20. Just remember to also use MagiskHide Props Config by Didgeridoohan since LinerageOS does not play nice with SafetyNet.

Also it seems Magisk 20.2 is bricking all LG V20 variants with stock Oreo or stock Nougat. Only use Magisk 20.2 with LOS16 (Pie) since LG has abandoned the V20 and won't be releasing a Pie update outside of South Korea.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone