Thanks mate....I was doing this all along, I just wanted to reconfirm if it was still ok since I've seen so many post with ppl with issues with Magisk.looks good, I have been using the below similar method since OOS 10 came out and just updated to 10.3.12 successfully using it too.
1. Disable Automatic system updates in developer options
2. Go to (Magisk Manager → Uninstall → Restore Images) *Do not reboot* This step is required before doing any of the following steps written below!
3. Apply OTAs from (Settings → System → System Update → Install), *do not press* “Restart now” or “Reboot” button!
4. To keep TWRP - Go to Magisk Manager download and install TWRP A/B Retention Script ZIP.
5. Magisk Manager → Install → Install to Inactive Slot and install Magisk to the slot that the OTA just updated to.
6. After installation is done, press the reboot button in Magisk Manager
Just installed this. TWRP, Magisk, etc - No issues flashing. Everything seems good so far.
I had that issue, but not after installing. Instead, I had it after trying to load Magisk to the inactive slot.
I have not had any unusual issues.
when I flash the magisk patched boot image I get stuck in an infinite boot. I have gravity box and riru edexposed installed, would uninstalling the apps fix the issue?Stable 11.0.0 is up - Link
Mirror to AFH - AFH
md5 - a8a146310ff108662f98368f41e8d7e0
Stock boot image - Stock
Magisk patched image - Patched
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
This is the way to go, thanks a bunch!Updated to A11 from 10.3.12 using the same method I was using to update A10 versions. I was a bit hesitant since many people were mentioning fastboot and patched images. In my case I did the following:
Install latest official TWRP from Magisk
Install Magisk (OTA option)
Where and how do we uninstall this visual monstrosity? lol!got the OTA to upgrade to andoid 11, did the magisk method no issues
now, Idk what oneplus was thinking when they decided to make the FIRST item in the settings menu the oneplus account? ridiculous
anyway these are the offending apps
UNINSTALL if you want the settings menu to look proper
I'm not sure where the magisk zip files for root are hosted for download, you used to be able to download the zips from the app directly. But you'd need a TWRP img and boot to it from fastboot with fastboot boot TWRP.img and then install the magisk zip from there. Again unsure where to actually grab the zip files since i haven't seen the option in the magisk app for a while.
[B]System:[/B] • Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar ) • Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11 • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs [B]Game Space:[/B] • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode) • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out