[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for OnePlus 6T

Search This thread

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Now onto some actual usage feedback from me. Overall, it isn't too bad for a first release. My only grievance is the fact that my Gmail notifications are pretty much gone (I say "pretty much" because I will get them occassionally). I am guessing A10 may be a tad too aggressive on putting the Gmail app to sleep. Any suggestions on this one would be appreciated.

The only other thing is the GPS is constantly complaining about a weak signal (and I have had instances where gmaps won't be able to pin point me properly (trying to reroute me mid trip).

Notifications have always been wierd on OOS.
Some apps work perfectly well and others just stuff up.

Obviously you would have moved these apps in battery optimization from Optimize/Intelligent control to 'don't Optimize' and an guessing you are still not receiving notifications.

What works for me is to lock the app in recents.
Click on the 3 dot menu and hit lock. The app won't get killed and you will not have issues with notifications

Reactions: egzthunder1

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Notifications have always been wierd on OOS.
Some apps work perfectly well and others just stuff up.

Obviously you would have moved these apps in battery optimization from Optimize/Intelligent control to 'don't Optimize' and an guessing you are still not receiving notifications.

Click on the 3 dot menu and hit lock. The app won't get killed and you will not have issues with notifications

Hadn't thought about locking them. That is a good idea. Thanks for that one! Weird thing is that before A10, I never once had issues with notifications (never played with battery optimization settings either... Gmail always worked well out of the box). I read a few threads about people with these issues but never really paid attention as it was not an issue for me (at least not on this phone.... I have a Galaxy 9+ that is far worse than this one in that regard)

Thanks again!

Reactions: letmedanz

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Anyone on T-Mobile with A10 have any cellular data issues?

Right now I have an exclamation point next to my signal bars indicating no internet and needless to say it is accurate. Never had any issue like this before. Not rooted, No recovery. 100% stock. Reboots and mobile data toggle had no affect. A call to T-Mobile indicated no problem on there side.

Any thoughts?

sfernandez

Nov 2, 2009
California
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone on T-Mobile with A10 have any cellular data issues?

Right now I have an exclamation point next to my signal bars indicating no internet and needless to say it is accurate. Never had any issue like this before. Not rooted, No recovery. 100% stock. Reboots and mobile data toggle had no affect. A call to T-Mobile indicated no problem on there side.

Any thoughts?
1st ignore my signature. I'm converted na have issues dropping signal throughout the day. I read TMobile is supposed to flip the 5g 600 MHz signal nationally on Dec 6th. So they could be messing with the towers.

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hadn't thought about locking them. That is a good idea. Thanks for that one! Weird thing is that before A10, I never once had issues with notifications (never played with battery optimization settings either... Gmail always worked well out of the box). I read a few threads about people with these issues but never really paid attention as it was not an issue for me (at least not on this phone.... I have a Galaxy 9+ that is far worse than this one in that regard)

Thanks again!

Pretty much the same situation here.
I don't have an issue with Gmail, but a couple of other apps, and only those apps. Do what i may, i get no notifications from them. Locking them oddly fixes the issue

hgmichna

Aug 28, 2010
Munich
michna.com
Recent apps list - lock app

I have tested this thoroughly, and it does not do what you hope it would do.

The purpose of that lock is merely to keep the app in the recents list, and that is also what the documentation says. It does not keep the app in RAM and it does not do any other things to solve our problem.

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA

The purpose of that lock is merely to keep the app in the recents list, and that is also what the documentation says. It does not keep the app in RAM and it does not do any other things to solve our problem.

Quick update... Locking does not solve the issue actually (as you state). It was ENTIRELY my fault that notifications stopped on Gmail. As it turns out, when I flashed the beta and bricked my phone, I had to set everything up again and because of that, Gmail prompted me if I wanted to see only high priority email notifications. I switched that off and now it is working again like it should.

Hope this helps a few of you.

Tony2k

Jul 14, 2005
Anybody found a issue with touch vibration? I set it light but at the next boot it come back to medium.

MtG92

Jan 31, 2012
Lisbon
Anybody found a issue with touch vibration? I set it light but at the next boot it come back to medium.

What's worse is it doesn't just revert after a reboot, sometimes 30min or an hour later it's already back to strong vibration. It's particularly annoying if you're in bed and your partner is trying to sleep, only to be suddenly woken by the sound of you seemingly typing in Morse Code...

Reactions: Tony2k and buzzboy

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Yea this argument of documentation & the technical function of locking has been thrown around many times.
Like i mentioned, this is weird but works, at least for me and quite a few others.
I don't have issues with Gmail notifications, but other apps such as some Tasker plugins, LastPass, certain apps that lose their accessibility permissions, etc. I have these locked and I have never had an issue with the app getting killed.
Is this what the lock function is supposed to do? No.
But does it help? Yes. I have been using this for over 3 months now with having a problem with the app not being available when needed. If i unlock the app, within a couple of hours they get 'killed' and I have to manually start the app before it can function again.

hgmichna

Aug 28, 2010
Munich
michna.com
Recent apps list - lock app

Yea this argument of documentation & the technical function of locking has been thrown around many times.
Like i mentioned, this is weird but works, at least for me and quite a few others.
I don't have issues with Gmail notifications, but other apps such as some Tasker plugins, LastPass, certain apps that lose their accessibility permissions, etc. I have these locked and I have never had an issue with the app getting killed.
Is this what the lock function is supposed to do? No.
But does it help? Yes. I have been using this for over 3 months now with having a problem with the app not being available when needed. If i unlock the app, within a couple of hours they get 'killed' and I have to manually start the app before it can function again.

Perhaps we can find a few people who test it again in different situations. It is weird that we get so fundamentally different results.

I will also test it again. I have one app that always gets killed within 48 hours. I have now locked it in the recents list and will know more in a few days.

Reactions: letmedanz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3a5uOVJ.png

Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.3.7 for OnePlus 6T.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
    • Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar )
    • Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    [B]Game Space:[/B]
    • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
    • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
    • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out

Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 7d5cc8000e941d7b82a252bde6a70c29

Magisk Patched Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 6c88998aa54ffbdcf12ecc7fc63aeb1f

Previous Updates along with boot images:

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for OnePlus 6T, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.3.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-25

Created 2019-02-04
    Last Updated 2020-11-25
    Downloads to be moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer assigned: @Akhil701
    Flashing instructions moved to OP

Thread Maintainer assigned: @Akhil701
    Hello XDA,

I would like to thank you all for your patience and for maintaining your cool keeping the thread under control. I had to close my 5/5T update threads at the time of Pie release delays and there was lot of drama. None the less the build should pass CTS soon and should be ok to roll out thereafter.

I had to close the official thread once and multiple clean-ups were required over the last few days. I am glad that there is no such escalation here and would like to once again appreciate the level of patience and understanding.

Having said all this, the update should be on its way in the coming days, so all we ask for is a little more patience.

We are Almost there ...

Thank you for your patience and cooperation,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator
    D
    Deleted member 6994095
    Stable 10.3.1 is up - Link

Mirror to AFH - AFH

md5 - 0652ca5ac8fb83e170700248502a93ad

Stock boot image - Stock

Magisk patched image - Patched

Changelog
    System:
    • Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking device using fingerprint
    • Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
    • Fixed the issue with the device heating up while charging
    • Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.12

Camera :
    • Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
    • Fixed the camera crash issue

Gallery :
    • Fixed the issue with video and images not displaying in Gallery