[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for OnePlus 6T

Search This thread

MockTuMacho

Sep 18, 2016
Hi! Im getting an error with the Magisk Install, any help with that?

- Device platform: arm64-v8a
- Magisk Manager: 8.0.7 (4834)
- Install target: 21.4 (21400)
- Copying image to cache
2026+0 records in
2026+0 records out
2074624 bytes (1.9 M) copied, 0.006742 s, 293 M/s
1381+1 records in
1381+1 records out
1415016 bytes (1.3 M) copied, 0.005040 s, 268 M/s
- Unpacking boot image
Parsing boot image: [/data/user_de/0/rl.kbjsu.at/install/boot.img]
! Unsupported/Unknown image format
! Install

This is the error I got when I tried to install it from magic app, and flashing it from TWRP doesn't work either ation failed

Last edited:

sbmd

Jul 10, 2012
Full download available!

OxygenOS 10.3.8

System
• Updated MemberShip to 1.2.0.2
• Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
• Updated GMS package to 2020.09

OnePlus Store
• An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)

jp0469

Feb 5, 2011
Full download available!

OxygenOS 10.3.8
Thanks! Just updated my rooted OP6t from 10.3.7 using this method:

Download full zip to root of internal storage
Local upgrade through system updater (DON'T reboot yet)
(optional) Flash TWRP installer zip thru Magisk (DON'T reboot yet)
Install Magisk to inactive slot
Reboot

Everything looks good so far.

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
That's odd...
Screenshot_20210128-085159.jpg

Incremental failed. Guess I'll try the full version! Downloading now...

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Just curious, I always remove nolimits XxX when I take a OS Update. I have did it just to be on "the safe side", Has anyone ever updated without removing xXx first? Is it successful? I'm using 12.0 by the way.
I never disable mods when updating but with a mod as encompassing like that it might still be a good practice to disable first.
Then again the built in bootloop protection will kick in if anything fails so I'd leave it up. Unless it's a major update of course.

Full update went fine btw.

Reactions: scorpio76r

jp0469

Feb 5, 2011
Just curious, I always remove nolimits XxX when I take a OS Update. I have did it just to be on "the safe side", Has anyone ever updated without removing xXx first? Is it successful? I'm using 12.0 by the way.
Yes, I've done about a half dozen updates now without disabling NoLimits or any Magisk modules. Never had a problem. I use the method that I mentioned just a few posts before this one.

ugugx

May 5, 2014
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy A73 5G
Full download available!

OxygenOS 10.3.8

System
• Updated MemberShip to 1.2.0.2
• Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
• Updated GMS package to 2020.09

OnePlus Store
• An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
Same here.

Did the local upgrade, no reboot.
Flashed the A/B retention script in Magisk, no reboot.
Flashed Magisk to the inactive slot.
Reboot
Profit!

same method and running smooth, was using TWRP 3.5.0_9 and Magisk 21.4 on OOS 10.3.5

Last edited:
Reactions: sbmd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3a5uOVJ.png

Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.3.7 for OnePlus 6T.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
    • Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar )
    • Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    [B]Game Space:[/B]
    • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
    • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
    • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out

Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 7d5cc8000e941d7b82a252bde6a70c29

Magisk Patched Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 6c88998aa54ffbdcf12ecc7fc63aeb1f

Previous Updates along with boot images:

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for OnePlus 6T, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.3.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-25

Created 2019-02-04
    Last Updated 2020-11-25
    Downloads to be moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer assigned: @Akhil701
    Flashing instructions moved to OP

Thread Maintainer assigned: @Akhil701
    Hello XDA,

I would like to thank you all for your patience and for maintaining your cool keeping the thread under control. I had to close my 5/5T update threads at the time of Pie release delays and there was lot of drama. None the less the build should pass CTS soon and should be ok to roll out thereafter.

I had to close the official thread once and multiple clean-ups were required over the last few days. I am glad that there is no such escalation here and would like to once again appreciate the level of patience and understanding.

Having said all this, the update should be on its way in the coming days, so all we ask for is a little more patience.

We are Almost there ...

Thank you for your patience and cooperation,

Funk Wizard
    Forum Moderator
    D
    Deleted member 6994095
    Stable 10.3.1 is up - Link

Mirror to AFH - AFH

md5 - 0652ca5ac8fb83e170700248502a93ad

Stock boot image - Stock

Magisk patched image - Patched

Changelog
    System:
    • Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking device using fingerprint
    • Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
    • Fixed the issue with the device heating up while charging
    • Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.12

Camera :
    • Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
    • Fixed the camera crash issue

Gallery :
    • Fixed the issue with video and images not displaying in Gallery