[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6

Search This thread

ired17

Jan 29, 2015
Balagtas, Bulacan
OnePlus 6
There is a topic named "TWRP and Root for OnePlus 6 on Oxygen OS 10 Stable/Beta" on this forum, check it, you have all procedures to update to latest depending on your initial version. Sorry if I don't put a link, I'm on mobile app and I don't know how to do that
Yes i tried the Method B there. Still no good. Haha still figuring it our what's causing the failure

akboy7015

Jun 13, 2014
Yes i tried the Method B there. Still no good. Haha still figuring it our what's causing the failure
The ultimate method would be to use the ASM download tool to flash the latest directly, but the counter part is you will lose all your data, and you need a computer to do that. Advantages are multiple, single operation, safe (but long), no partitions issue at the end (no emoji issue for example)

Edit: it's MSM download tool, sorry , and topic is [OP6][LATEST 10.3.7] Collection of unbrick tools

ired17

Jan 29, 2015
Balagtas, Bulacan
OnePlus 6
The ultimate method would be to use the ASM download tool to flash the latest directly, but the counter part is you will lose all your data, and you need a computer to do that. Advantages are multiple, single operation, safe (but long), no partitions issue at the end (no emoji issue for example)

Edit: it's MSM download tool, sorry , and topic is [OP6][LATEST 10.3.7] Collection of unbrick tools
Noted, Thanks mate.

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
New update 10.3.8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-204714.jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-204714.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 200

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
Download Full OTA=10.3.8

update says OEM unlock is detected. System will begin downloading the full upgrade package. To ensure data integrity, please performa a full backup.

question, will full upgrade package delete data like apps, contacts,photos etc?

bohemist

Mar 9, 2018
San Pedro, Laguna
update says OEM unlock is detected. System will begin downloading the full upgrade package. To ensure data integrity, please performa a full backup.

question, will full upgrade package delete data like apps, contacts,photos etc?
No. That's the way an OP6 with unlocked bootloader updates via OTA. It always updates with the full rom.

I'm just curious, is this your first time updating with an unlocked bootloader?

Reactions: radeonxt

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
No. That's the way an OP6 with unlocked bootloader updates via OTA. It always updates with the full rom.

I'm just curious, is this your first time updating with an unlocked bootloader?

uhm always via twrp zip back then. stayed a long time at android 9 beta 23.
decided to finally try android 10 last week, also first time updating the official way on settings, update.

Reactions: bohemist

bishoy ashraf

Aug 30, 2015
can anyone tell me how much time your phone take to fully boot ,mine op6 oos 10.3.8 "unlocked stock oos magisk installed with ed exposed";take about 40 sec which i think too long ,it take about 30 sec to pass the unlocked bootloader warning , any advice to avoid msmdownload tool

Crom4rtie

Dec 24, 2014
OnePlus 6
can anyone tell me how much time your phone take to fully boot ,mine op6 oos 10.3.8 "unlocked stock oos magisk installed with ed exposed";take about 40 sec which i think too long ,it take about 30 sec to pass the unlocked bootloader warning , any advice to avoid msmdownload tool
Seems normal, 20sec unlocked bootloader warning then 20 sec till OOS for me

giebeka

Mar 14, 2013
Hello, i wanted to update and factory reset my system, so i did:
1. Installed new OTA .zip via TWRP,
2. Installed TWRP
3. Rebooted to Recovery
4. Installed Magisk
5. Did internal storage wipe (factory reset) via TWRP.

System works but not well. For example photos doesn't saving, files downloaded via chrome "Waiting for a network", Titanium Backup not working as it should, some apps cant update. I think that this is something storage/mounting/filesystem related. Can anyone help me?

@edit

I resolved that via changing /data partition to EXT2 and then to EXT4

Last edited:

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
Does anyone have a link to the magisk patched boot image for 10.3.8? I think the one in the original post is still for 10.3.7.

<EDIT>
Could this be the correct one?

I used the link posted by eXd4 and navigated to the developer's profile.
</EDIT>

maveek

Mar 12, 2016
Hello there,

I'm running my OP6 currently with OOS 9.0.3, unlocked, rooted with an old magisk version (18.1 / 7.2.0), TWRP installed (probably an old version too).

I'm looking for the "best" way to upgrade to latest stable OOS.
I don't mind starting from scratch (i.e. losing data etc.. as I have a computer and can back-up things that matter).
All I want is to have a clean/stable, up-to-date phone, while keeping/re-setting root & stuff.

Could you point me in the right direction?

kyljys

Jan 4, 2010
Hello there,

I'm running my OP6 currently with OOS 9.0.3, unlocked, rooted with an old magisk version (18.1 / 7.2.0), TWRP installed (probably an old version too).

I'm looking for the "best" way to upgrade to latest stable OOS.
I don't mind starting from scratch (i.e. losing data etc.. as I have a computer and can back-up things that matter).
All I want is to have a clean/stable, up-to-date phone, while keeping/re-setting root & stuff.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Follow this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op6-latest-10-3-8-collection-of-unbrick-tools.3914109/

You'll get straight away pure factory state OOS 10.3.8. using MSM-tool for it from the OP of that thread.

Then unlock, install twrp and root if you want the same way as before. I suggest using mauronofrios latest twrp, and magisk 21.3.

Happy flashing!

Reactions: maveek

maveek

Mar 12, 2016
Follow this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op6-latest-10-3-8-collection-of-unbrick-tools.3914109/

You'll get straight away pure factory state OOS 10.3.8. using MSM-tool for it from the OP of that thread.

Then unlock, install twrp and root if you want the same way as before. I suggest using mauronofrios latest twrp, and magisk 21.3.

Happy flashing!

Thank you!

"if you want the same way as before"
I've been away from rooting & the likes for quite some time, what is the state-of-the-art or "prefered" way, nowadays ?

kyljys

Jan 4, 2010
Thank you!

"if you want the same way as before"
I've been away from rooting & the likes for quite some time, what is the state-of-the-art or "prefered" way, nowadays ?

Get the mauronofrio's twrp .zip and .img.
After unlocking bootup the phone, get to the developers setting and allow usb debugging and the pc.
I assume you have adb installed in your pc.
Reboot to bootloader,
bootup straight to twrp image with a command in pc command prompt:

fastboot boot mauronofrios_twrp.img

This will boot to the twrp, fed from pc, go advanced, start sideloading and in pc command prompt write

adb sideload mauronofrios_twrp.zip

This will push the zip file and twrp installs it.
No reboot straight back to twrp, so it will stick.
Now you have it.

Then install magisk. With the same sideload method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stable 10.3.10 is up - Link

Mirror to AFH - AFH

md5 - af4faf7fa6ed18437423f3776acc124d

Stock boot image - Stock

Magisk patched image - Patched

Changelog
    System:
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.04
    • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
    New update 10.3.10 available now.
    Bug fixes & April patches
    Hey i can't seem to boot up to OOS.

Wipe data/factory reset

I flashed 10.3.9 with twrp.zip rebooted to recovery.

Flashed 10.3.9 again with tarp zip and again rebooted to recovery

Reboot to system --> the phone boots back to Twrp. Using twrp 3.5.2_9-0.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? After flashing to both slots the phone doesn't boot back up to the system. But doing same process I am able to flash other AOSP ROMs on top of it
    since you don't provide all the needed information to properly debug your issue I'm going to make a guess:

switching between aosp (or any custom) ROMs and official OOS requires a formated data partition instead of wiped data partition
    since you don't provide all the needed information to properly debug your issue I'm going to make a guess:

switching between aosp (or any custom) ROMs and official OOS requires a formated data partition instead of wiped data partition
    I guess you are right. I have previously flashed AOSP ROM and wanted to move to another AOSP ROM. But for that I had to flash Oos to both the slots but when I wanted to boot into OOS I couldn't boot it back up. I did wipe factory data reset and wipe data and dalvik cache but did not format data partition. Will give it a try soon.

Thank you Again. Much appreciated
    3a5uOVJ.png

Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.3.7 for OnePlus 6.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
     • Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar )
    • Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    [B]Game Space:[/B]
    • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
    • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
    • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out

Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: b0c15983c4872b3ae622dc93693c4484

Magisk Patched Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 4774a4a9eed732a837605ea9f5af4391

Previous Updates along with boot images:

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.3.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-29

Created 2019-02-11
    Last Updated 2020-11-28
    Downloads moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Flashing instructions moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Hi All,

It's been long since I posted here and I hope everyone is safe and sound with the current situation on nCoV. I was busy with lot of work, travel and real-life situations and this will continue for some more time.

I have assigned @jslawler as a maintainer for now and hopefully, he will keep the thread up to date.

There is another slot empty and will also do the same for Beta and 6T threads if things go ok from here.

Once again I regret any inconvenience that I may have caused due to being inactive maintaining the threads here and I look forward to the new guys doing the cleaning.

Thank you all once again for your support over these difficult times.

Be Safe

Funk
    Heads Up: The ROM Team has worked really hard in the last few months and as you all know, the First H2OS Pie Open Beta for OnePlus 6 was released today in China.
    If all goes well in initial testing we should soon have a global update :fingers-crossed:

Hopefully stable users would have a option to dirty flash the P beta without any data loss however DP3 users might have to do a factory reset so please backup your data before hand.

As always once on beta path you will receive beta updates only unless you fall back to stable build which will be a separate roll back build and which may require data wipe.

I would do a separate thread as and when we get a beta release with instructions on how to update, so stay tuned for the official announcement.

I would once again like to say that all the devices
    6/5/T/3/T are being worked upon when it comes to updates so would request the users with older devices to be patient in the meantime.

Thank you once again for your continued support and stay tuned for more updates :good:

Never Settle :fingers-crossed:

PS: If you are one of those who can't wait to test P on your device and even ready to flash H2OS to do that here is the official link for you to test it.

http://download.h2os.com/OnePlus6/O...2_OTA_002_all_1808141821_e23956624a874e16.zip

MD5: 1767868E6D6730D9C895AD09EA1F23C3

Source: https://www.h2os.com/download

Sent from my CPH1871 using XDA Labs
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone