• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6

Search This thread
Anyone that has root with this Android 11 build, can you please verify if your sensors are working. You can download the sensor test app from the playstore or any sensor app for that matter.

Reason being, I have been re-flashing all sorts of combinations TWRP and rom versions before finally flashing OOS 11 to obtain root for the oneplus 6t. For the life of me I can not get this rooted with the sensors being registered! Please verify if your rooted OOS 11 has working sensors!

Also, if anyone knows a fix to calibrate sensors, please do tell!
if you have sensors problems i think you have to follow this (mine) guide

Reactions: JedidroidX

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Except the gmail notification issue (had to open app to receive the notification) all other stuffs are pretty stable. Battery backup seems similar to previous version.

giebeka

Mar 14, 2013
Oxygen Updater notified me just now that there is 11.1.1.1 version avaiable.
Did anyone updated? How it goes? I am still on 10.3.9. I wonder if I need fresh install.

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
I just updated from 10.3.12 to 11.1.1.1. After some hickups with TWRP I can boot into OOS but lost root and TWRP. Now I'm trying to find a TWRP that I can use to get custom recovery back on stable OOS11 as well as root.

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
So extracting the boot image from the 11.1.1.1 ROM, patching it with Magisk and flashing in Fastboot using the commands: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img causes phone to boot into error mode. Seems Magisk 23 doesn't work with this new version of OOS? Had to reflash stock boot and phone is back to normal.

CrysisLTU

Feb 1, 2012
So extracting the boot image from the 11.1.1.1 ROM, patching it with Magisk and flashing in Fastboot using the commands: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img causes phone to boot into error mode. Seems Magisk 23 doesn't work with this new version of OOS? Had to reflash stock boot and phone is back to normal.
Weird, it should work. At least it did on the open betas and 11.0 stable release. Did Magisk Manager throw some errors in the log while patching the boot image?

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
Weird, it should work. At least it did on the open betas and 11.0 stable release. Did Magisk Manager throw some errors in the log while patching the boot image?
Nope. No errors while patching. All looked fine after patching and after I flashed the patched boot image the phone booted into the OOS boot animation for quite some time. Then rebooted itself and after a while showed an error screen with a message with something like "something went seriously wrong" and some text about contacting OnePlus support. I rebooted into fastboot mode, reflashed stock boot image and the phone booted normally.

zyonee

Nov 13, 2009
Stockholm
Nope. No errors while patching. All looked fine after patching and after I flashed the patched boot image the phone booted into the OOS boot animation for quite some time. Then rebooted itself and after a while showed an error screen with a message with something like "something went seriously wrong" and some text about contacting OnePlus support. I rebooted into fastboot mode, reflashed stock boot image and the phone booted normally.
Patching the inactive slot in Magisk Manager after upgrading but before rebooting worked for me. Let me know if you need a working patched boot.img.

Koeties

Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg
Patching the inactive slot in Magisk Manager after upgrading but before rebooting worked for me. Let me know if you need a working patched boot.img.
Yes please! Worth a try.

In other news. My gmail notifications are working. Followed some steps after googling the issue and now it works. Can't remember exactly the steps but it involved advanced notification settings for the app. Switching off a setting that disables notifications if the app isn't used for a while. And switching off battery optimisation.

May 8, 2014
Pune
I've been away from the OTAs for a long time due to lengthy procedure (at times, like extracting, patching and flashing boot image etc) So I've become a little rusty. I do prefer battery life, stable rom and root over anything, hence I stuck with 10.3.4 and didn't bother updating. Was thinking of updating 11.0.0 but saw many complaining of bugs and battery issues So didn't do that either. Can anyone tell me if 11.1.1 actually has those bug fixes? Does twrp+magisk works without issues? What would be the way to go for me? Updating to latest android 10, then updating to 11.0.0 and then to 11.1.1?

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
that's how it works, no matter if you are on 10.x or 11.x:

1. Reboot recovery
2. Flash ROM (11.x)
3. Flash TWRP_3.4.0_11_Unofficial
4. Reboot to recovery
5. Flash ROM (11.x)
6. Flash TWRP_3.4.0_11_Unofficial
7. Flash Magisk
8. Reboot to system

after that i did a lot of tests like normal reboot or reboot to recovery, all working, no bootloop, sim working
This is really helpful, can you also confirm if I need to wipe data/factory reset as well? or not?

Reactions: equi_design

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go.
    that's how it works, no matter if you are on 10.x or 11.x:

1. Reboot recovery
    2. Flash ROM (11.x)
    3. Flash TWRP_3.4.0_11_Unofficial
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Flash ROM (11.x)
    6. Flash TWRP_3.4.0_11_Unofficial
    7. Flash Magisk
    8. Reboot to system

after that i did a lot of tests like normal reboot or reboot to recovery, all working, no bootloop, sim working
    This is really helpful, can you also confirm if I need to wipe data/factory reset as well? or not?
    no factory reset if you are not changing from beta to stable channel, you are updating from stable to stable you can flash without problems (do a backup...)
    Anyone have the 11.1.1.1 files?
    Are you referring to the full OTA ROM download?

You can find that on this thread:

Another update - it seems it may have been a Magisk module preventing the proper booting with a patched image. I followed the instructions in this page to get TWRP back and then deleted all the Magisk modules folders before installing Magisk through TWRP. Now I can boot with root back on my device.
    3a5uOVJ.png

Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 10.3.7 for OnePlus 6.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
     • Newly added "Hide silent notifications in status bar" feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in status bar )
    • Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
    [B]Game Space:[/B]
    • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
    • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
    • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out

Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: b0c15983c4872b3ae622dc93693c4484

Magisk Patched Boot Image
    • 10.3.7 boot.img: Unofficial Link
    • MD5 Hash: 4774a4a9eed732a837605ea9f5af4391

Previous Updates along with boot images:

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 10.3.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10.3.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-29

Created 2019-02-11
    Last Updated 2020-11-28
    Downloads moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Flashing instructions moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Hi All,

It's been long since I posted here and I hope everyone is safe and sound with the current situation on nCoV. I was busy with lot of work, travel and real-life situations and this will continue for some more time.

I have assigned @jslawler as a maintainer for now and hopefully, he will keep the thread up to date.

There is another slot empty and will also do the same for Beta and 6T threads if things go ok from here.

Once again I regret any inconvenience that I may have caused due to being inactive maintaining the threads here and I look forward to the new guys doing the cleaning.

Thank you all once again for your support over these difficult times.

Be Safe

Funk
    Heads Up: The ROM Team has worked really hard in the last few months and as you all know, the First H2OS Pie Open Beta for OnePlus 6 was released today in China.
    If all goes well in initial testing we should soon have a global update :fingers-crossed:

Hopefully stable users would have a option to dirty flash the P beta without any data loss however DP3 users might have to do a factory reset so please backup your data before hand.

As always once on beta path you will receive beta updates only unless you fall back to stable build which will be a separate roll back build and which may require data wipe.

I would do a separate thread as and when we get a beta release with instructions on how to update, so stay tuned for the official announcement.

I would once again like to say that all the devices
    6/5/T/3/T are being worked upon when it comes to updates so would request the users with older devices to be patient in the meantime.

Thank you once again for your continued support and stay tuned for more updates :good:

Never Settle :fingers-crossed:

PS: If you are one of those who can't wait to test P on your device and even ready to flash H2OS to do that here is the official link for you to test it.

http://download.h2os.com/OnePlus6/O...2_OTA_002_all_1808141821_e23956624a874e16.zip

MD5: 1767868E6D6730D9C895AD09EA1F23C3

Source: https://www.h2os.com/download

Sent from my CPH1871 using XDA Labs