[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS Open Beta 6 (Android 10) for the OnePlus 6

Search This thread

EstherTakumi

Sep 30, 2013
Alor Setar
I play call of duty and SBK 16 everyday. For 3-4 hours. Minimum 2 hours at once. ?

It weird, that multiple device are reporting freeze and flickering while playing game, some of it also happen in normal app. It happen especially in battle royale mode for me.

Since I can't share any link here, you need to Google the issue yourself.

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs

th0was

Jan 12, 2016
i have a problem with dark mode ( force-dark mode on)
in multiple app ( facebook, google, karos ), color of background and color policy are the same.
Some card, the background color is white and i have a nexus 5x (on android 10), and the google app ( like this screenshot) on it.
on nexus, the card has not white color background.
do you know if someone report this bug ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-225952.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-225952.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 759

doc_v15

Oct 15, 2010
The lag and stuttering from OB1 A10 is still present on the newest OB2..
I have to restart my phone every 2-3 days to get rid of the lag.
Disabling an enabling ram boost doesn't have any impact for this.

Anyone have found a solution for this?

neinfricatu

Apr 22, 2011
Bucharest
The lag and stuttering from OB1 A10 is still present on the newest OB2..
I have to restart my phone every 2-3 days to get rid of the lag.
Disabling an enabling ram boost doesn't have any impact for this.

Anyone have found a solution for this?

It's present in the last stable also, which I suppose is the same as ob2. If I shut off and open the screen the lag is gone.

fy168

Jul 17, 2010
No lag here either, have been using both betas. In which situations it occurs? Might be that I just don't notice it.
If you are switching between diff user, will see more of lag to happen.
Nevertheless, OB2 is much better than OB1 in lagging problem. I guessed one plus need tims to optimize the Android 10 in handling gameing and diff user account.

doc_v15

Oct 15, 2010
If you are switching between diff user, will see more of lag to happen.
Nevertheless, OB2 is much better than OB1 in lagging problem. I guessed one plus need tims to optimize the Android 10 in handling gameing and diff user account.
I agree that OB2 is much better than OB1.. hopefully they will fix this on the next build

mchouaibi

Sep 5, 2014
Usually after playing some games, not a heavy games. RPG games another eden. Going back to home screen and it started to lag

I also have very high lag when minimizing (going to home) and then go back to the game. I jave to force ose the game en restart. It happens only when minimizing the game

I only play sometimes one game, nfs lo limits. So for me it is not a big deal.

For me it is not android 10 beta issue. I already had it on the first pie beta and stayed like this.

Reactions: doc_v15

broomer68

Feb 21, 2011
Sliedrecht
After beta 1 i noticed some instability of the camera. It suddenly does not save pictures, and the gallery-view only shows last thumbnail, and then reverts to camera again. At first i did suspect the dirty upgrade from beta 20, so i did factory reset. That seemed to help, and now with beta 2,it did happen again this weekend. A reboot does resolve the issue temporarily.
I do have several GB to spare for the pictures.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

doc_v15

Oct 15, 2010
I also have very high lag when minimizing (going to home) and then go back to the game. I jave to force ose the game en restart. It happens only when minimizing the game

I only play sometimes one game, nfs lo limits. So for me it is not a big deal.

For me it is not android 10 beta issue. I already had it on the first pie beta and stayed like this.
Exactly the same like mine. It didn't occur to me on PIE, or at least I didn't notice it

utkarsh102

Sep 8, 2016
I never updated my OnePlus 6. I traded a LG V30+ in OnePlus 6 and it came with Android 10 beta. It updated to last version beta 31 OTA. I'd like to go back to stock. What should I do? I downgrade to Pie, or I install the official Android 10 zip file? Because I never updated a OnePlus and I have afraid of brick it. My OnePlus 6 is 8GB/128.
Install the stable zip. Take a backup before you do.

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
What version of the Zip do I install? In the case there's a specific version for downgrade to Pie? Can I install the Android 10 oficial or I have to go back to Pie?

https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156173727

In this case, I use this stable Pie of official OnePlus or must be another version?
Hello member, I've deleted the duplicate of your post you'd made in this thread. Same applies to the duplicate posts of your post here.
XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.

• You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours
  • Duplicate threads and posts will be removed
  • Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.
  • Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.
  • Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.
  • Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1155602-db52ac279a0dcc63b5ef9e9a7a5e6cb0.png

Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
     • Now unlock the LockBox without any problems in File Manager
     • No more crashes in the Launcher with apps in full-screen display
     • Got rid of blank screens while clearing up the background apps
     • Updated Android security patch to 2020.03

Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
    As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app (please assign the category as OnePlus 6/6T with Android 10).

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • boot.img: UnOfficial
    • MD5 Hash: 110e1347d614a9c791682175f5e2ce75
    • Android OTA payload dumper Tutorial: Link

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS Open Beta 6 (Android 10) for the OnePlus 6, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    Source Code: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-open-beta-6-for-the-oneplus-6-and-oneplus-6t.1209984/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 6
    Beta Release Date: 2020-04-08

Created 2019-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-04-30
    Downloads moved to post 1
    Thread Maintainer assigned: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Flashing instruction moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer Assigned: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Guys just like to mention here that BETA is its initial stages so expect bugs and broken functionalities. We try our best to test all major functionalities before moving the build from a closed stage to open for you guys to test it further and share your findings as there can be infinite possibilities of something still being broken and that is were you guys come into spotlight :fingers-crossed:

If you take a look around, there are not many OEMs who are offering 9.0 builds even in beta. I don't want to take any names here but some of them have much bigger development teams, staff and resources. We are still working towards the a better and sweeter pie experience for you and that will not only cover the current devices, but will trickle down till the OnePlus 3/3T, for the record, there are very few 2016 devices which will get the pie treatment.

Having said that I truly appreciate your support and participation in OnePlus Beta Program and consider you guys our core community members who give us our true feedback, good or bad always valuable to us.

Thank you once again for your continued support and active participation in the beta program, expect bugs and subsiquent fixes, its a cat and mouse chase :laugh:

Let's keep the thread moving forward towards positive contributions and a better, sweeter pie experience :highfive:
    I smell something is coming, Stay tuned :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone