• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Discussion for new aospGBModv0.1 - AOSP 2.3.1 (Gingerbread) 12/25/2010

Search This thread

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
He mentioned before the 0.1 release that he was working on the gapps so since I don't see anything changed in the .1 release I think gapps are the only new thing.

gobi42

Jul 22, 2009
this is what i found that works

calls/data
txt msgs
mms send/recive
wifi
wifi tethering
all the gapps work

what doesn't work
camera
senors/lights
gps

there maybe more but that is all i found so far on 0.1

Last edited:

allpapajohn

Jul 17, 2010
Centralia
This has become my daily. I don't need GPS I can use a map if I need to and the lights not coming on save in battery. My phone has been unplugged since 8am and I am at 57%. I also tossed in one of Deca's kernels. My only concern @ this point is Gmail not working. But I can get the gist of them in the few seconds they do open for. As for the camera not working it is winter in Washington it is always dark here it seems. So you need a flash.

mmm gingerbread.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
forgive me if you think I'm being an ass, but why in the world does this tread exist, and why is it in development? The AOSP gingerbread ROM thread is already a place for discussion, and it contains the actual development. I think when somebody asked earlier "where's the download link?" they were actually asking "why is this thread in development?" only in a sarcastic way. If you want to know what is different in AOSP's rom you have to READ the thread near when he updates, the answers are always there, just not from AOSP himself.

Peace and love.

gobi42

Jul 22, 2009
Well we have a thread disscusing the cm6 nightlys and that download link doesn't even work anymore and yeah maybe people are just being lazy and don't want to read though 90 pages of replies but if there was a problem with where the these is located I'm sure a mod would move it so instead of sharing ur negativity and post something positive or thread related and let the mod's do their job. No this does work with Firerat's mod just takes some tweaks

First follow the directions for the recovery that's all the same
but inorder for it to be stable you then need to wipe/formart everything and flash the first alpha and decafuct if you wish then the fr boot zip
reboot, once booted reboot recovery and flash the old gb gapps and reboot
once that boots up reboot recovery and flash aospGBMod-v.01 zip and reflash decafuct if you wish and then the FRboot zip again then reboot
once that has booted if maket doesn't show up reboot recovery and flash the old gb gapps again and you should have the market
for some reason the new gb apps don't work with firerat's mod the market never shows up and if you download the vending app from the internet and install it just fc and never opens
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8571811/gapps-mdpi-20101020-gb-signed.zip here is a link to the old gb apps if anyone needs them

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Well we have a thread fussing the cm6 nightlys and that download link doesn't even work anymore and yeah maybe people are just being lazy and don't want to read though 90 pages of replyies but if there was a problem with where the these is located I'm sure a mod would move it so instead of sharing ur negativity and post something positive or thread related and let the mod's do their job. No this does work with Forrest's mod just takes some tweaks

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Not trying to be negative, and the answer to lazy non-readers is never another thread. BTW the nightlies thread was posted by darch, who is the maintainer of the heroc for cyanogen, and that thread is actually used to help develop the rom (this one isn't, I doubt AOSP will follow two threads for his one rom). also, the nightlies thread has 7000+ posts, so if the logic were to open a new thread at 90 pages, well, you get my point..... If this should be here than great, it just doesn't seem like it should.

gobi42

Jul 22, 2009
yeah your probably right aosp probably won't follow two treads but maybe this thread will keep the guys trying to test for aosp closer on the other tread and all other questions can be disscused here and i don't think your an ass i think you have a point of view just like i do. But just cause you and i know what we are doing most of the time doesn't mean there aren't people on here that don't know what they are doing and if having two treads helps them and us out so be it if this tread dies so be it but only time will tell give time this tread could become just as usefully as the nightly thread but we can't tell on only the short time it's been up

S

sirmx

forgive me if you think I'm being an ass, but why in the world does this tread exist, and why is it in development? The AOSP gingerbread ROM thread is already a place for discussion, and it contains the actual development. I think when somebody asked earlier "where's the download link?" they were actually asking "why is this thread in development?" only in a sarcastic way. If you want to know what is different in AOSP's rom you have to READ the thread near when he updates, the answers are always there, just not from AOSP himself.

Peace and love.

A simple mod alert on the first post asking a mod to move the thread to Q&A or General would work. If nothing happened, then it was meant to be.

I agree, however, that this isn't needed. Esp since it's now outdated and no ROM development is happening here.