[Discussion] Galaxy Note 7 Discussion Thread.

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Didnt stop me from pre ordering though, want the sd card support back.

Me too but I was fine with 64GB on my Note5. In terms of what's show stopping in smartphones going forward there's not much left. We've reached or are close to the minimums in thinner, trimmer, and lighter. With all the former we're close to peaking at how big a battery can be shoe horned in until battery tech itself advances. Does S-820, 821, or 823 really matter in terms of what 90% of smartphone users do 90% of the time? Beefier processors will make a difference for VR and phone-powered laptops but neither is going to explode in this product cycle. We're at 800nit 2K displays so the only thing left is 4K which at above 8" away is undetectable and a battery sucker to boot. New flagships are fashion statements now featuring glass and metal bent in to seductive shapes but how much further can you take a rectangle in terms of design? We have DDR4 RAM, UFS 2.0 storage, the SD card is back, and camera's have sort of plateaued. So really, what's next and/or missing? From press chatter the next big thing seems to be foldable displays but that's probably a while away in terms of prime time readiness (remember the OG G Flex, Samsung Round, and OG Note 4 Edge?).

So moving from a Note5 I get marginally better specs pretty much all-around but nothing to salivate over generationally. Water proofing is a plus, as is better low light camera shots, and the edge panel seems fun but I could live happily without all three. But it's a new toy and I like the stealth blackness of Onyx with the black aluminum border that hides the antenna lines. That's probably the weakest reason I've ever upgraded my phone. ;)

cavags5

May 15, 2015
Beach
I had a hour ago note 7 in my hands and im thinking in upgrade.
Only need to know the review of the battery but in a couple of days i will know that.
The edge is better in the hand.
We dont touch so easily now in the screen , keyboard is better to write.
Exynos version and no problem in download mode.

Reactions: coolfire

force70

Reactions: meboy

Soufiansky

Dec 12, 2014
I had a hour ago note 7 in my hands and im thinking in upgrade.
Only need to know the review of the battery but in a couple of days i will know that.
The edge is better in the hand.
We dont touch so easily now in the screen , keyboard is better to write.
Exynos version and no problem in download mode.
You already have the s7 edge,so it's just a waste of money in my opinion but that's your choice you know.

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA-Developers mobile app

cavags5

May 15, 2015
Beach
You already have the s7 edge,so it's just a waste of money in my opinion but that's your choice you know.

Yes you are right if i has to sell mine to buy the note doesn't worth it.
But i have insurance i brake mine and they give the 830€
I only need to put more 50 €
The price will be 889€
Its expensive.
But for my work Spen os better.

jkeith1

Dec 24, 2010
Since the curve on the N7 is less, wouldnt that mean more flat screen space vs the S7E.

mardukeme

Oct 2, 2006
Newington
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Just played with the Note 7, saw silver, and black onyx one, they did not have the blue coral one. The silver one looked like a fingerprint magnet. The black one looks real nice, I'm happy I went with that one. Between the s7 edge, and Note 7 the Note 7 felt better in hand, against acedental screen presses. The curved screen isn't that curved. Looks more like screen goes all the way to the edge, and curves down instead of having a bezel.

The screen looked good played a few YouTube clips on it. Didn't have to much time to play with it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snow755

Jan 26, 2012
Sonora
hey all am thinking of per ordering this and adding a line with a down payment plan with verizon has early has friday Am

when i got the note 5 from AT&T when i had att last year i this found the note 5 just a little too wide too hold in my hands so i was woundering if they fixed that with this year note 7 this year note 7 seems thiner and less wide then the note 5 so it looks like the note 7 will be easyer too hold in the hands

i have a iphone 6S 16GB and the way IOS 10 is looking yuck

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

hey all am thinking of per ordering this and adding a line with a down payment plan with verizon has early has friday Am

when i got the note 5 from AT&T when i had att year i this found the note 5 just a little too wide too hold in my hands so i was woundering if they fixed that with this year note 7 this year note 7 seems thiner and less wide then the note 5 so it looks like the note 7 will be easyer too hold in the hands

i have a iphone 6S 16GB and the way IOS 10 is looking yuck

Last edited:

cavags5

May 15, 2015
Beach
I hated the the edge on the S7, always hitting it, took up too much space. Overall, I think the note 7 fixed it. Bigger Screen, smaller edges, and more screen space...whats not to like.
Yes you are right , always touching something.
But in the note is a lot different.

Could you tell if the screen protector on it was a tempered glass one or normal?

Sent from my fet fongers
Just normal.
Tempered glass only work on flat screen. Already try in s7-edge and its a biggest mistake i did.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Played with one at Verizon today. Loved the new s-pen features! I don't quite understand how to use "glance" yet though. Magnify and translate were amazing. I definitely would recommend black onyx unless you want to wipe down fingerprints every 5 minutes - the others are very glossy and reflective surfaces.

As for the feel, it is noticeable that it's not as wide as the Note 5, which I own currently. I'm not sure about the edge features yet but it seems like something I'll grow to like. It's a beautiful phone - hoping it performs up to my expectations!

Sent from my SM-N920V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Tungsten c

Mar 3, 2011
Root is useless nowadays. Good developers are gone and android has become very
[/COLOR]
Yeah more or less lol.

Didnt stop me from pre ordering though, want the sd card support back.

Sent from my Note 5 or S6

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

The international and Canadian versions have (or should have as per the S7) unlocked bootloaders and exynos processor.

Sent from my Note 5 or S6

your are lucky , in Canada you will be able to root your phone here in the US we wont be able to for now. I really wanted the note 7 I have been waiting to upgrade for a while I have the Note 3 now.
Not been able to root sucks specially when just about everyone else in the world can.
We always we F**ked here. Go figure. Still think that beside the S-pen tere is not really much difference on the New Note7 than the S7

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Root is useless nowadays. Good developers are gone and android has become very fast and stable. There are only drawbacks to root and if one wants root they get a nexus device. End of the story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app

What kind of drawbacks are you talking about

force70

[/COLOR]

your are lucky , in Canada you will be able to root your phone here in the US we wont be able to for now. I really wanted the note 7 I have been waiting to upgrade for a while I have the Note 3 now.
Not been able to root sucks specially when just about everyone else in the world can.
We always we F**ked here. Go figure. Still think that beside the S-pen tere is not really much difference on the New Note7 than the S7

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Easy enough for you guys to buy a Canadian or international version.

I would never waste my money on a device with a locked bootloader especially since i buy mine outright.

If im paying full price for a phone im damn sure going to be able to do whatever i want with it!

sent from my Note 5, Nexus 6P or S6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the device. Can confirm any questions or doubts anyone has.

No IR blaster.
    IRIS scanner is amazingly fast and it's way faster and more convenient than fingerprint.
    IRIS Scanner demos are not around as the initial training samples and store live demo units doesn't have this option. That's why nobody talks about it. But I can confirm, It's Faster than unlocking by fingerprint.
    Battery is 3500 mah, too early to say anything.
    USB-C Charger gets a bit hot after charging, Let's see that on the long run.
    Camera is the same as S7 Edge, Nothing better at first sight.
    Well...better buy the S7 edge which is cheaper and almost the same...
    a8eb80412c53919e95f34d9a2128833d.jpg
    8456faed46883e044d42b44dd5561bad.jpg
    4dc8d7dce817a2ec31f3866d8e50b40d.jpg
    8f9d061284277e24876fbc2deba133af.jpg
    85c5bbe1d55a5b2f4c591b9e3d9a52ca.jpg
    03a256726c511944891c75184b69d593.jpg
    ed77523eb5db5d539cf383b561055338.jpg
    Not all of us use cloud storage.

And not everyone has unlimited data

And there isnt always wifi around, rare but it happens.

And network signal isnt always great, for me at work if im in the heart of a rather enormous pharmaceutical plant neither wifi or network work great.

Tons of reasons to have and SD card for storage...cloud is great but nothing beats having the stuff you need on your device.

Sent from my Note 5 or S6. Note 7 ordered :)
    [/COLOR]

Easy enough for you guys to buy a Canadian or international version.

I would never waste my money on a device with a locked bootloader especially since i buy mine outright.

If im paying full price for a phone im damn sure going to be able to do whatever i want with it!

sent from my Note 5, Nexus 6P or S6
    Okay guys listen

Since I ported much of this firmware here are the final specs

Has Grace UX
    The device contains a iris scanner.
    Its battery is 3500 based on this:

<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_BATTERY_CAPACITY>3500 mAh</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_BATTERY_CAPACITY>
    <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_ELECTRIC_RATED_VALUE>DC 9 V; 1.67 A</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_ELECTRIC_RATED_VALUE>
    <SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_FCC_ID>A3LSMN930F</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_SETTINGS_CONFIG_FCC_ID>
    Build number is N930F

Device contains international ro.chipname=exynos8890
    Exynos8890
    4gbs of ram
    Camera is 12 mega pixels

<string name="R_4032x3024">4:3 (12 M)</string>
    <local name="BACK_CAMERA_RESOLUTION_4BY3_LARGE" value="4032x3024" />

Still learning....:p