[Discussion] Google Pay Magisk Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Crapping_Bricks

Apr 12, 2013
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, as we all know there is a constant battle between safetynet and root users. Is there a way that we can prevent safetynet from blocking our cards once we get it working by preventing something from updating etc?

Thanks

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Magisk Method Gpay SQLite Fix.....

v2.1 27/03/2020

- Small update to /common/addon/Volume-Key-Selector/main.sh from Zacktpg5 and his MM-EXT (Magisk Module Template Extended) to handle PATHS better for Magisk 20.4+. Upgrade to this version is not necessary, the issue that the fix was released for would only possibly present during module install...

As always, the module can be found here, or in my sig below

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Magisk Method Gpay SQLite Fix.....

v2.2 28/03/2020

All changes due to MMT-EX upgrade to v1.5

• changes to /common/functions.sh
  • /common/addon/Volume-Key-Selector/main.sh changed and renamed to /common/addon/Volume-Key-Selector/install.sh
Upgrade to this version is not necessary, changes only affect module install...

As always, the module can be found here, or in my sig below

Last edited:

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
How to fix it? Sometimes GPay log me out... and i need to use CCV again.. in shop.

Never happened to me, as in ever

Are you task killing apps..or a cache cleaning app (this includes snakeoil apps/scripts... things like FED:AI etc), because that sounds the most likely cause

Side general note: Why anyone is still using task killing apps is beyond me, we're like 4 years (at least) into telling people to stop using them...same goes for optimizer scripts and apps....

Last edited:

Hanataji

Nov 24, 2013
Never happened to me, as in ever

Are you task killing apps..or a cache cleaning app (this includes snakeoil apps/scripts... things like FED:AI etc), because that sounds the most likely cause

Side general note: Why anyone is still using task killing apps is beyond me, we're like 4 years (at least) into telling people to stop using them...same goes for optimizer scripts and apps....
Just using MIUI :/ THX for answer

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
Magisk safetynet is down. Got a notification this morning stating GPay contactless not working. Damn it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200331-223102.png
    Screenshot_20200331-223102.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: Heatexplorer

HorrorLemons

Magisk safetynet is down. Got a notification this morning stating GPay contactless not working. Damn it.

Same here. It has been working for months now, so I haven't kept up with updates. I assume it's a Play Services update that borked it? At this point, I may just unroot, but I'd still like to use custom roms. Does it trip over unlocked bootloaders too?

daleksi

Feb 3, 2009
Assholes. Stopped working this morning.

Edit: managed to get it working again, not sure how, i just flashed the latest version of gpay fix. But my banking app detects root now for some reason.

Last edited:

shaneaus

Nov 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
What is "gpay fix?" Can you post a link? Is it a module? I didn't find it. I was using the module SafetyPatch v3 - but, both SafetyNet checks come back false as of today. Without the SafetyPatch only the ctsPofile: false.

Assholes. Stopped working this morning.

Edit: managed to get it working again, not sure how, i just flashed the latest version of gpay fix. But my banking app detects root now for some reason.

daleksi

Feb 3, 2009

syamthampiv

May 6, 2015
Hi all, i have flashed magisk and then downloaded safetynet module and installed in magisk and rebooted. Then on the magisk app setting i did the hide magisk from other app option. After that i checked the safetynet pass in magisk but it saying not passed. what could be the reason

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jesus...buddy...what conspiracy am I spreading ???
    I was just making a joke of all this in regards to the article saying "he's on the other side"...that's all!

So telling me to be thankful is a bit out of place...I'm not the one spreading **** about him out there!! As John tweeted, he'll take care of it privately and yeah, whoever did what they did is pretty disgusting.

I've been a supporter of Magisk & John's work before that.

So if you're a taking a shot at me, it's not appreciated.

Pointing out there was an existing thread where it was far more on topic than here. We dont need forks of conspiracy theories,. please and thank you, it has the ability to confuse and misinform, that is all.
    Oh noooo....he's gone to the dark side!! 😂😂
    Oh well, it was good till it lasted...

We dont need another thread of conspiracy theories about Johns new employment

Poor bastard is already copping way too much flack and pressure

The man is entitled to earn a living anyway he likes, just like everyone here, and people are too quick to forget he has devoted years of his personal time to XDA and Magisk

Be thankful
    I am from UK but not using these apps. At the moment Santander and GooglePay does not work for me. Natwest Barclays Halifax & Lloyds are working. I have xprivacy lua and get applications thicked on there.
    The new Google Play services update caused this.

Temporary workaround:

1. Disable Google Pay/Find My Device as Device Administrators in Settings > Security & location > Device Administrators.

2. Search "Google Play services" in the Settings search bar.

3. Press the three dots and press "Uninstall previous updates".

4. Download this update - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-14-7-99-release/
    Pick your needed edition (arm or arm64, etc.), download it and install it.

5. Disable Background data access for Google Play Services and Google Play in their respective App Info pages.

6. Download Google Pay from the Play Store.

7. Set up your cards. Enjoy!

Never EVER update Google Play services manually, until a Magisk update is available that bypasses the upgraded SafetyNet. Note that Google Play services is responsible for adding/verifying the card, not the Google Pay app! Hence why there seems to be an overlay when adding a card/verifying an existing one.

Tested Google Pay versions:

2.79.x-2.83.235070858 - working

Tested Google Play services versions:

14.7.99, 16.0.86 - working with Magisk 18.1

14.8.49-16.x- working with Magisk 18.2 Canary
    Ok. I tried this and it worked on gms 17.1.22, allowing one to add cards and pay in store. Warning YMMV, but this is the process I did to get this working. One caveat is that Google pay does not register the "recent transactions" on the Google pay app. Another caveat is that I suspect users will have to reverse some step if gms is updated and then reapply, but this still needs to be confirmed

Without further ado, here is my process:

1) download a SQL database editor. I used

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomminosoftware.sqliteeditor&hl=en_US

2) download a terminal emulator program. I used terminus but any terminal emulator should work.

3) make sure Google pay is forced close, if it is open.

4) open SQL editor. Navigate to /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases

5) open dg.db

6) change any value that lists "attest" in the name (first column) to 0 in the third column. Mine was showing a value of 10 in the third column for each of these values. (Column c for sqlite databse editor I used)

7) open the terminal emulator.

8) get root access (su)

9) cd /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases

10) type: chmod 440 dg.db
    This makes dg.db read only (for owner and group, and no access for world.)

11) reboot

I suspect when gms is updated, one will have to go back to steps 10 and 11 and chmod 660 dg.db to allow new keys to be written to the database, and then go back and redo all these steps to reset the attestation values back to 0.

If there is still an error, verify in sqlite database editor that all attest release keys values in dg.db are 0 when dg.db is read only (owner and group).

Again, YMMV but this worked for me, so I give it back to the community now.

Edit: recent activities did show up soon afterwards for the payment method.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    This thread is inspired by the PoGo Magisk discussion thread. It's meant to keep the clutter of "Google Pay doesn't work" posts out of the main Magisk threads.

Please use this to discuss issues with Google Pay and possible solutions.

There's a working solution here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/magisk-google-pay-gms-17-1-22-pie-t3929950
    And a Magisk Module for it here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...7-1-22-pie-t3929950/post79643248#post79643248

For general tips on first getting SafetyNet to pass fully, check here:
    https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_SafetyNet
    So here's the app to check fails_attestation value. The source code is available here. I may also implement a quick way to delete the gms data folder if you want.
    All you really need to do to fix this is:
    1. Add Google Services to Magisk Hide (if you're on Magisk 18.1 use "su magiskhide --add com.google.android.gms" in terminal)
    2. Add Google Pay and Google Services Framework to Magisk Hide
    3. Go to data/data and rename com.google.android.gms to com.google.android.gms.bak for example (or delete it altogether, but backing up seems safer)

Reboot and do whatever you like in GPay, it should work now. That's all I've done. I don't think you need to reinstall Magisk.