• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion]Hack to disable automatic beautification in Mi A1 portrait mode?

Search This thread

Kanazord

Aug 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if this has already been looked into (can't find anything related to it). The automatic beautification in Mi A1 portrait mode is really awful in most case, and there is no way to turn it off.
It's sad, because the portrait mode of this phone is really amazing!

Of course, I can use Gcam instead (which I do), but the result is quite different, so it would be nice to get both options!

muruu

Jun 4, 2018
True ! Xiaomi camera has better edge/distance detection if compared with Gcam, but its bad in low light. But the performance in good lighting is really good, but again, destroyed by that ultra fake skin softening effect. Would be nice to see that feature being turned off. I sent feedback via the Feedback app last time bout 5-6 months ago, not even a single reply from them. Hmm.

Reactions: Danimatos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I am wondering if this has already been looked into (can't find anything related to it). The automatic beautification in Mi A1 portrait mode is really awful in most case, and there is no way to turn it off.
    It's sad, because the portrait mode of this phone is really amazing!

Of course, I can use Gcam instead (which I do), but the result is quite different, so it would be nice to get both options!
    my brother and I have both a MiA1, and he's always complaining about that. anybody?
    True ! Xiaomi camera has better edge/distance detection if compared with Gcam, but its bad in low light. But the performance in good lighting is really good, but again, destroyed by that ultra fake skin softening effect. Would be nice to see that feature being turned off. I sent feedback via the Feedback app last time bout 5-6 months ago, not even a single reply from them. Hmm.