[Discussion] Have You Ever Bricked Your Device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cloud a3

Jun 24, 2013
Auckland
Yes lol I had bricked my Samsung omni i900...i think it was soft bricked cause I was able to fix it after searching on how to fix soft bricks.... Man was I scared when I bricked my phone..

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app

Dabolx

Mar 18, 2013
Kaunas
I bricked my device many times when trying to install custom roms and also one time I bricked my firend's tablet. But I had a backup so he even didn't notice that it was bricked :D

plumbix

Jan 3, 2012
Feldkirch
Galaxy S+

I was trying to install Clockwork Mod 6 on my phone and after 15 minutes of waiting and Odin was showing "Recovery" I disconnected the phone.
It was a small heart attack thinking my phone is broken. I managed then to install CWM 5.5 and with that CWM 6 as a zip.

UnrealChrisG

Oct 11, 2010
I once bricked my Nokia N-Gage by installing an app some random person in a random crowd sent me over Bluetooth. Big mistake. I think it was called CommWarrior or something... I never was able to fix it and that was the last phone I had until I got myself a G1.

metro77279

Jan 16, 2012
Downey, CA
On purpose =1. (My EVO 3D) because of the hboot, i cracked the screen and had to take it in so it just got bricked. Stupidly=1. (My S3.) I flashed a kernel for the international model on my sprint model.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Felosis

Apr 20, 2011
Kenosha
No

I've owned many Android devices between tablets and phones and have always rooted/unlocked them all and I've never hard bricked but have softbricked which I was always able to easily fix. In my experience, I think it's pretty hard to "hard brick" a device unless you try, short of flashing the wrong firmware/modem/etc to your device.

vinadoros

Jul 3, 2013
Luckily I've never bricked past the point of no return. On SGS3, download mode has saved me a couple of times, although it has freaked me out before...

mattonom

Jul 6, 2013
I bricked my HTC Droid Incredible when I first rooted it because I'm an impatient idiot. I decided to flash a ROM for the very first time because I hate how Sense looks and I wanted something different. I set up everything correctly, rebooted in recovery, wiped everything and flashed the room. The flash was clean and my phone rebooted and everything was going great until it was rebooting for what seemed forever. So dumbass me decided to take out the battery and try to redo everything again...and you could guess what happened.

xSilas43

Jun 25, 2013
Only softbricked my htc one which I thankfully was able to restore via backups I found online as I foolishly wiped everything while installing a rom via TWRP. Got stuck in boatloops a few times as well but nothing serious.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK00109

Everytime i tried to root with odin(galaxy s) i bricked it(yep everytime) then i got angry and hardbricked it :D

but later i found my love Galax Nexus :thumbup:

nooktablet

Mar 30, 2012
i'm not sure if this is consider "bricked" but my first android device was a nook tablet and i was messing with rooting, somehow i used adb and accidentally deleted all files in system/app and the tablet couldn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have You Ever Bricked Your Device While Flashing ROM or Doing Anything ?

If Yes Then Please Let Us Know !!

I have bricked my Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and Micromax A100
    I have bricked iberry AUXUS AX02 more than 100times ! :p

But thanks to CWM & Stock ROMs ! :) :p
    Sorry, but I closed this thread because it has stopped being a discussion and has just become a pointless list.
    @deathnotice01... post back here when you get your N7. :p

Trollolol!

-Accidental Asshole aka Jeremy
    [Guide] Headphone/Earphone Buying
    :Di have bricked my sgy dous 1000 timesss :D

And unbricked with help of odin:D

Bricking and unbricking is my daily job lolzzzz:D

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app
    Is it really "bricking" if you can fix it? I'm pretty sure bricked = forever. That's why it's called "bricked."
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone