• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Discussion] HTC One M8 - Updates

Search This thread

Justin2003

Oct 31, 2009
Kerkrade
When i won't to instal this ruu on my europe M8 with super cid unlocked and s-off is it only put file on sd and rename to 0P6BIMG. and start in bootloader. or must i separate instal the firmware file.

Reactions: Kruk07

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
@Justin2003, only thing you have to do is renaming file to 0P6BIMG.zip, put it on the root of external SD Card and boot to bootloader.
It's a full RUU: modem, firmware, system, recovery, etc.
But remember, this will erase ALL your data from phone. External SD Card will not be erased. So, backup your data from phone.

Last edited:

10rdan

Sep 3, 2013
Will be interesting to see if the official ota will update from this, 6.12.401.4 ruu. That's assuming it's different from this one, 6.42.401.4 R was being suggested.

demian12

Dec 31, 2011
Anyone with matching CIDs and MIDs:

MID supported: 0P6B10000
CIDs supported: HTC__001, HTC__002, HTC__016, HTC__032, HTC__102, HTC__203, HTC__304, HTC__405, HTC__A07, HTC__A48, HTC__E11, HTC__J15, HTC__K18, HTC__M27, HTC__Y13 and of course SuperCID: 11111111

No. It's not custom ROM. You don't need to erase partitons (wipe data).
It's a full RUU. Phone is completely erased during flashing like with any other RUU.exe or RUU.zip. Only data on external SD card are safe.

IMHO, RUU is much better than OTA. OTA basically is only the patches for current system. I prefer (with big Android updates) flash everything from scratch using RUU with full wipe.
I'm HTC_001. I will give it a try a guess. Just one question before:
At the moment I have unlock bootloader with a custom rom.
I just need to restore my recovery to stock ? without relock bootloader or i need to relock bootloader also ?

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
You don't need to restore stock recovery as it's RUU, not OTA.
If you're S-ON you need to relock bootloader. If you're S-OFF there's no need to relock.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One_M8 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: kalel77

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I think that the system is indeed still .4, as far as I know, there were some problems with radio and firmware, so if llabtoofer says it is based on .12, it may indicate that it is based on RUU .12 which contains firmware .12 and system .4
anyway, I am downloading this too, will test it, in the worst case I will upgrade again to .12 base later...

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
I think that the system is indeed still .4, as far as I know, there were some problems with radio and firmware, so if llabtoofer says it is based on .12, it may indicate that it is based on RUU .12 which contains firmware .12 and system .4
anyway, I am downloading this too, will test it, in the worst case I will upgrade again to .12 base later...
It was told before that this RUU has the files exactly the same as within MaximusHD 12.0.0. Firmware in MaximusHD is 6.12.401.4. 6.12.401.12 is probably just a typo.
LlabToFeR told already that MHD12 contains files from upcoming OTA update.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One_M8 przy użyciu Tapatalka

jeremija8

Sep 24, 2010
where
Little help guys, i was on GPE for some time now, when i return to stock lollipop, and keep soff and unlocked bootloader will i receive ota without problems or i have to be son and locked bootloader?

SergioRmz

Aug 24, 2014
Monterrey
Little help guys, i was on GPE for some time now, when i return to stock lollipop, and keep soff and unlocked bootloader will i receive ota without problems or i have to be son and locked bootloader?
No, it's no necessary to be S-ON or with locked bootloader. Just be sure you flash stock recovery before taking the OTA.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jeremija8

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

You just need stock non-rooted lollipop and stock recovery to receive and install OTA. No need to S-On and no need to lock bootloader

Reactions: omer7 and jeremija8

Kevin1610

Jun 18, 2011
But HTC normally pushes updates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays... So I doubt it will arrive on 19th of January as it is a Tuesday. Rather tomorrow or 20th..

What do you guys think...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA ZIP COLLECTION

HAS MOVED HERE
    Ota is in sdcard/Download. Can share right on the cloud from phone so devs can cook in a few hrs [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, OTA in /cache/update.zip
    Here uploaded to androidfilehost.com
    HTC_ONE_M8_GPE_5_07_1700_6_MRA85K_H6.zip
    Good luck!
    I totally fail to understand why people think they can tell other people to get a life instead of waiting for the MM update.

We are all here on XDA because we are interested in mobile phones, interested highly above average. We like what they can do and how they look. Getting a major OS update makes the phone feel like almost a new device. I for one look forward to what MM brings, like Android pay, better app permissions control en hopefully better battery life. I like updates to my device that make it better. Of course I want that as soon as possible, of course I'm eager and very curious. If you couldn't care less about that, what are you doing in this thread and on XDA anyway?

And stop saying we shouldn't expect anything from HTC or be happy with whatever they do. They sell us expensive phones they will support for two years. MM has come out so it's completely logical they bring it to the 2014 HTC One M8. That's not charity from their part, that's their obligation. If you ask me, all brands' support for their products is very poor anyway. Millions of people are walking around with unpatched devices vulnerable to many attacks, that you really can't call old.

Having said all that, that doesn't mean we should all complain or whine about it. But please understand that people's enthousiasm about the coming update leads to disappointment when they don't even make it in the announced 2 weeks since the dec 3rd announcement for North America. Is there any logical reason why there should be any difference in launch dates between parts of the world? This shouldn't be about bugs begin squashed, you don't use one continent as beta testers for the other continent. You should have a beta test group for that.
    I personally still don't have a clue why many people in general are so hyped up and even bashing HTC about the updates and why it's not released for all regions at once. we get the update that's fair enough.

HTC should be wise and don't say a single word about updates and an eta. It would be the best for many users. And it would be better for the xda servers because it would contain less spam !

lol

:)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Lol got your attention?:D:D:D

Shortly I will be taking over the Collection of stock backups thread and the awesome work that the good @Mr Hofs has done to date. I plan to move the OTA collection into there so Nand backups and OTA files are in once place

This means that if you need to restore and update on stock and have any issues getting OTA files over the air. everything that you need will be in one place.

WHAT DO WE RECKON PEEPS???

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

HTC_621
    OTA_M8_UL_K444_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_3.28.709.6-3.28.709.5_release_400843m59k8z7s9vk0sv1g

Here you go m8: http://d-h.st/iGNq

Updated, cheers dude :)