[Discussion] Magisk alpha/alpha-lite forks by @vvb2060 Support

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Magisk Lite
2022-08-10 07:43:06...
...Magisk Lite Magisk Lite, only SU function, does not provide support for modules.
In Magisk in whitelist mode, all applications are hidden by default, and only checked applications can obtain superuser privileges.
Be aware that "does not provide support for modules" does not mean that modules do not work necessarily.
See discussion (and my post) few days ago in General Magisk thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
What would be the reasoning behind disabling Zygisk?
It was looking ago, but if I recall correctly, Alpha had only one list both for MagiskHide and DenyList

If Zygisk was enabled, it acted as DenyList, and with Zygisk disabled as MagiskHide

But I think it was then (in the past) always named MagiskHide in the Alpha Settings

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
It was looking ago, but if I recall correctly, Alpha had only one list both for MagiskHide and DenyList

If Zygisk was enabled, it acted as DenyList, and with Zygisk disabled as MagiskHide

But I think it was then (in the past) always named MagiskHide in the Alpha Settings
No

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Last time I used Alpha a year ago, and I think it was the way how it worked at that time in Alpha regarding to MagiskHide vs DenyList

IDK if/when they maybe changed things later

Anyway, you could then describe more accurately

Personally, I'm not interested but there was a discussion if MagiskHide was really removed or not from the latest Alpha (some do not believe🤣)

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_20220811_143729.jpg
    IMG_20220811_143729.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 42

rodken

Jan 11, 2010

My current setup without any disparaging issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-093007.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-093007.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 42

73sydney

FWIW, original Alpha discussion thread is now called 街角LycoReco的處刑之道, "The way of execution at LycoReco (Lycoris Recoil, anime) on the street corner"... I haven't kept up for a long time, but see a few interesting early releases there...

Hot off press:

Just saw it pop up on TG myself...

Oh joy, another momo release, this can only go well :)

Last edited:

enzokart19

Dec 21, 2016
Riohacha
I have achieved this result in momo, I have had to install magisk alpha, activate magiskhide (thus deactivate zygisk), install Riru core and USNF. But there is a problem, it is not possible to achieve meets_device_integrity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-35-05-849_io.github.vvb2060.mahoshojo.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-35-05-849_io.github.vvb2060.mahoshojo.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-22-03-679_com.godevelopers.OprekCek.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-22-03-679_com.godevelopers.OprekCek.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-39-09-333_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-11-11-39-09-333_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 61

enzokart19

Dec 21, 2016
Riohacha
which version of usnf? the latest 2.3.1 only in zygisk variant.
I have recently installed the version of play integity play on Riru and also installed the delta version of magisk and everything is working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-21-54-836_io.github.vvb2060.mahoshojo.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-21-54-836_io.github.vvb2060.mahoshojo.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-22-16-041_io.github.huskydg.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-22-16-041_io.github.huskydg.magisk.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-22-06-952_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-16-22-06-952_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 80

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
Update
Magisk (c5c608f0-alpha) 25202

Changelog (from alpha Jason)
- [General] Fix minor bug in module files mounting implementation
- [MagiskPolicy] Fix minor bug in command line argument parsing
- [Zygisk] Prevent crashing daemon in error
- [Zygisk] Rewrite zygote code injection with new loader library approach

## Diffs to v25.2
- [General] Fix minor bug in module files mounting implementation
- [MagiskPolicy] Fix minor bug in command line argument parsing
- [Zygisk] Prevent crashing daemon in error
- [Zygisk] Rewrite zygote code injection with new loader library approach

Last edited:
Reactions: dr4go

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Suggestion
    Create a Discussion Magisk Custom HuskyDG Fork thread , or Magisk Custom HuskyDG Fork / Discussion Thread. There are a lot of XDA Members that liked using MagiskHide and some of them have Android 9/10 devices, they would appreciate having a discussion thread.
    I have created a thread here
    imma add my 5 cents worth, fwiw

magisk alpha was a good and useful fork (along with custom) after TopJohnWu announced he was removing magiskhide in line with his job at Google and people lost their collective shizz, even though common sense should have told them this was needed and sane. Many of us appreciated the hard work of the alpha and custom devs, but at some point, as announced again by TJW, other hiding methods would come to fruition. And they have. Not to in anyway to devalue the contribution of alpha and custom devs, but there was always goign to be a point where mainstream magisk/magisk canary was going consolidate the attention and focus of the userbase and senior members here long into magisk, again. i for one dont miss testing/switching between 4 different forks anymore. magisk alpha was my chosen fork for a long time

Magisk Alpha is fine to use as long as you understand its shoehorning in things removed from the mainstream magisk, and that was certainly appreciated at times, but those could cease to work, introduce issues not present in mainstream magisk leading to people expecting support from the main magisk threads where it would make life harder for those trying to answer questions. so temper your expectations those of you who choose to use.

For my 5 cents, id recommend using mainstream magisk, unless you have an edge case where it doesnt work, at which point ordinarily, one would file on issue on github

As for the alpha devs personality, ill admit, it could be variable at times :)
    This is the spot for general support of Magisk alpha/alpha-lite forks "Public Releases" by @vvb2060.

Disclaimer
    : This Magisk alpha fork is not supported by @topjohnwu and is not an official channel for him. I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Use at your own risk.

If Magisk alpha doesn't work for you try one of the other versions of Magisk (See Useful links).

How to install Magisk alpha?
    Magisk alpha is installed and uninstalled through the Magisk application (App). Generally, it should be done directly in the application. In special cases such as the first installation, the image should be patched and then flashed using the fastboot/odin tool. By customizing Recovery is not a supported way.

Detailed Instructions for the first installation of Magisk alpha on Google™ Pixel™ phones.

Note: These Instructions may not apply to all Google™ Pixel™ Phones.
    1. If you have another version of Magisk (Canary/Beta/Stable) installed:
      • Open the Magisk App
      • If you hid the App, unhide it
      • Disable/Remove all Modules
      • Uninstall Magisk
    2. Extract boot.img from Factory Image
      • Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
      • Extract the Factory Image file (aaaaaaa-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
      • Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to and, extract the Image file (image-aaaaaaa-aa9a.999999.999.zip) into the folder. The, stock, boot.img file will be in this folder.
    3. Patch the boot.img.
      • Download Magisk alpha (app-release.apk)
      • Install the Magisk alpha App
      • Open Magisk alpha App
      • Tap Install (next to Magisk)
      • Tap, Select and Patch a File
      • Navigate to the folder that you extracted the Stock boot.img to and select it.
      • Tap the ✓ (Check Mark)
      • Tap Let's Go
      • When you see done, the boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
      • Reboot
      • Move the patched boot.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
        1. Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
        2. Move it to your computer using adb push
      • Boot fastboot mode
      • Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
      • Open a Command Prompt in the folder you copied the patched boot.img to.
      • Type fastboot flash boot "name of patched boot".img without the quotation marks at the Prompt and press enter.
      • When it finishes installing the patched boot.img, type fastboot reboot at the Prompt and press enter.
      • Important Notes:If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
        1. Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots: fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
        2. Boot Safe Mode - Keep Pressing the Power Off button until you see boot Safe Mode ==> Press Ok.

Useful Links
    1. Magisk alpha
    2. Magisk Canary
    3. Magisk Delta
    4. Magisk Beta/Stable Releases
    5. Magisk Documentation
    6. Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    7. Fox's Magisk Module Manager - Releases
    8. LSPosed Framework
    9. LSPosed - Releases
    10. LSPosed - Shamiko Releases
    For all intents and purposes, once you enable zygisk thereby removing Magisk Hide functionality, the Alpha fork is the same as the official build.
    But with one key difference.
    The app and package name are different, so no need to hide it. Or for that matter remember to unhide it before an update "just in case"
    This is why I use it.