[Discussion] Magisk Delta - Another unofficial third-party Magisk fork

Search This thread

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
I download both magisk delta and canary I install in nox emulator 7.0.3.2 android 9 but when try open the app just close it and delete it itself
Should I remove verifying signature provided by official magisk which is considered useless? It makes you have more difficult when downgrade app. Sometime you might see the Magisk app get close and uninstall itself because of signature check enforcing

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
no. happened now with 0ca9c3e2 too. on reboot, root is not available.
Magisk Delta app keeps showing Latest: N/A. OK after clearing from recents and restarting the app. Internet connectivity is robust and steady. Noticed with the last 3 updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808_131332.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808_131332.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 73sydney

hanschke

Mar 30, 2007
I dont understand all the settings or addons so I need your help because I dont get saftynet check apps working for me :(

I have installed latest magisk delta and dont have enabled zygisk.

I have enabled magisk hide and inside the ocnfig the play services because I want to use wallet/pay from google.

It told me that my phone is rooted. Modules I have installed are riru - lsposed for some modules I need an riru play integrty fix.

Can anyone please tell me my mistake. Thank you!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I dont understand all the settings or addons so I need your help because I dont get saftynet check apps working for me :(

I have installed latest magisk delta and dont have enabled zygisk.

I have enabled magisk hide and inside the ocnfig the play services because I want to use wallet/pay from google.

It told me that my phone is rooted. Modules I have installed are riru - lsposed for some modules I need an riru play integrty fix.

Can anyone please tell me my mistake. Thank you!
Enable Zygisk and use USNF version 2.3.1-mod, find it in GPay or Universal Safety Net threads, one of the posts from Displax during cca last two weeks

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
Having some issues on a Pixel 6 where after I tried to flash it via Magisk to change to Delta, now I can't get either of them installed as both apps would say Installed: N/A.

Doing the reinstalls via patching the boot.img files and fastboot flashing the boot file to the patched magisk file, but still can't get it to work. Any ideas?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Having some issues on a Pixel 6 where after I tried to flash it via Magisk to change to Delta, now I can't get either of them installed as both apps would say Installed: N/A.

Doing the reinstalls via patching the boot.img files and fastboot flashing the boot file to the patched magisk file, but still can't get it to work. Any ideas?
When switching to Delta you better had to uninstall the official Magisk first (because of different database, different package name, MagisGide, etc)

You can try now to delete the old Magisk app and reboot

And sorry, don't understand what does it mean:
>> flashing the boot file to the patched magisk file

One must use Fastboot (or TWRP) if applucable) to flash the patched boot img to Boot partition (not to some file)

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
When switching to Delta you better had to uninstall the official Magisk first (because of different database, different package name, MagisGide, etc)

You can try now to delete the old Magisk app and reboot

And sorry, don't understand what does it mean:
>> flashing the boot file to the patched magisk file

One must use Fastboot (or TWRP) if applucable) to flash the patched boot img to Boot partition (not to some file)
Sorry I meant patching the boot file via the Magisk Delta app, then flashing it via fastboot.

I realized an issue was I still had Magisk installed and under Hide Application so it was still considered installed.

When I installed the MagiskDelta apk or Magisk apk it would state that it was not installed or N/A

I fixed this by reinstalling Magisk.apk, patching the boot.img, flashing it via fastboot, then loading my 'Hidden' Magisk I never uninstalled.

I thought I could switch between the two without the uninstall just by flashing it as a module but I will try to install it again after an uninstall if I can't get the regular to work on Google Wallet to add a new card.

Thanks for the quick reply.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Sorry I meant patching the boot file via the Magisk Delta app, then flashing it via fastboot.

I realized an issue was I still had Magisk installed and under Hide Application so it was still considered installed.

When I installed the MagiskDelta apk or Magisk apk it would state that it was not installed or N/A

I fixed this by reinstalling Magisk.apk, patching the boot.img, flashing it via fastboot, then loading my 'Hidden' Magisk I never uninstalled.

I thought I could switch between the two without the uninstall just by flashing it as a module but I will try to install it again after an uninstall if I can't get the regular to work on Google Wallet to add a new card.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Month+ ago I experimented also with dirty installation of Delta over the official and wrote some observations (incl. Delta saying N/A):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...third-party-magisk-fork.4460555/post-87093971

ihavenolifee

Aug 22, 2017
Month+ ago I experimented also with dirty installation of Delta over the official and wrote some observations (incl. Delta saying N/A):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...third-party-magisk-fork.4460555/post-87093971
Thanks for the read. Will save me some time on the installation or decision process.

Sorry if I bothered you or anyone else for that I guess. Wasn't as clear on OP since it did say you could install and switch between the two in that way.

Edit - found the UniversalSafetyNet Fix MOD from another thread which does what it needed to do for me -> adding a new card into Google Wallet, so I ended up not using the Magisk Delta. Thank you for the help and program nevertheless!

Last edited:
Reactions: zgfg

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Guys, Any help on spoofing Momo ?
Keeps finding Magisk and SU..

Screenshot_20220810-101208_Momo.jpg

Device;
S22 Ultra Snap - AVG6 - Patched with Magisk Delta

My current setup;
Magisk Delta Canary - 43e8fee1-delta(25201)(33)
Zygisk - No / Ramdisk - Yes

Modules;
Riru
Riru Enhanced Mode for Magisk
Riru-Lsposed
Riru-Play Integrity Fix
Systemless Hosts

Magisk Settings;
MagiskHide - Off
Configure Magisk Hide - All apps including, banking, momo, Gms

Screenshot_20220810-101257.jpg

How can I set it up right to spoof magisk completely undetected?
What am I missing here ?

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-101223.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-101223.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220810-101229.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-101229.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 46

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Guys, Any help on spoofing Momo ?
Keeps finding Magisk and SU..

View attachment 5682031

Device;
S22 Ultra Snap - AVG6 - Patched with Magisk Delta

My current setup;
Magisk Delta Canary - 43e8fee1-delta(25201)(33)
Zygisk - No / Ramdisk - Yes

Modules;
Riru
Riru Enhanced Mode for Magisk
Riru-Lsposed
Riru-Play Integrity Fix
Systemless Hosts

Magisk Settings;
MagiskHide - Off
Configure Magisk Hide - All apps including, banking, momo, Gms

View attachment 5682037

How can I set it up right to spoof magisk completely undetected?
What am I missing here ?

Any help is much appreciated!
I have also Delta, Momo detecting Magisk (for most of us, with Delta or TJW) but not detecting SU

I use Zygisk (and Zygisk modules, Shamiko, USNF, LSPosed), not Riru

However, I have MagiskHide On.
Don't understand why you don't enable (Shamiko requires DenyList Off but I don't see why you disabled MagiskHide - then, there is no point in checking Momo for MagiskHide)

Try with MagiskHide enabled, and reboot

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I have also Delta, Momo detecting Magisk (for most of us, with Delta or TJW) but not detecting SU

I use Zygisk (and Zygisk modules, Shamiko, USNF, LSPosed), not Riru

However, I have MagiskHide On.
Don't understand why you don't enable (Shamiko requires DenyList Off but I don't see why you disabled MagiskHide - then, there is no point in checking Momo for MagiskHide)

Try with MagiskHide enabled, and reboot

Enabled it and got this.

Screenshot_20220810-135148_Momo.jpg

I guess switching to Zygisk is a better call at this point ?
What does it need to hide everything ?

Just Shamiko + USNF is enough or needs anything else ?

Thanks a lot for your help mate!

pitelasssss

Enabled it and got this.

View attachment 5682139

if you want to bypass momo
use zygisk + shamiko & add momo to magiskhide list
or
you can use delta with magiskhide disabled, zygisk disabled and check momo too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-105609.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-105609.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20220810-105620.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-105620.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20220810-105625_Momo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-105625_Momo.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 55

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Enabled it and got this.

View attachment 5682139

With Zygisk you need to uninstall all Riru modules.

Keep MagiskHide (and enabled) - we are talking about Delta.
I have Shamiko, USNF 2.3.1- mod (see in GPay thread and USNF thread).
I have also Zygisk-LSPosed with some LSPosed modules (but do not install if not needed for something)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upsteam to latest commit of Magisk because it includes some fixes such as zygisk crashes child zygote on Android 13, libsu fixes,...
    Riru core similar bug is also updated....
    Thread Cleaned├┤Good morning everyone! This thread is about Magisk Delta, please remain on topic and avoid existential elaborate discussions, however interesting, about the Magiskal meaning of life. Thank you for flying XDA and have an amazing day!├
    dumb question, early init mount is about modifying files on early stage? can I create folder /system/test which then become /test after pivot root?
    Check https://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files/docs/internal-guide.html
    ... Also is Delta safe enough for me to switch over to? My apps still detect root but am still able to use gpay and pass device integrity.

I saw a few posts back that I shouldn't dirty install is update process similar to lygisk? will magisk-hide be effective with this version of magisk? (Currently running Lygisk android 12 pixel 3)
    Safe or not, you can check source code, it seems no one care about it. If you are scare of bootloop, why not keep using official if you are fine with current setup?
    Caution:
    Be very careful in (Delta) Settings, when scrolling up and down

By mistake I enabled Root only mode. Who knows when, but I didnt reboot in the meantime

Then today I updated Delta and found first that my LSPosed modules do not work

Checking better I realized that Shamiko was not displaying that's running in Blacklist mode

Finally I realized that actually other models were not working either and then I found the culprit🥸

But at first, I thought that something was wrong with the latest Delta regarding to Zygisk (BCS of Zygisk-LSPosed and Shamiko).
    I even flashed my older boot.img, patched by previous Delta and since it didn't help, I was almost considering to reinstall Magisk
    This is not an officially supported topjohnwu project.
    If you are looking for official Magisk source, please go to this page

Introduction

Custom Magisk fork by HuskyDG. Sync with official Magisk adding back MagiskHide.
    http://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files

Why use MagiskHide?
    • MagiskHide is not dead yet. MagiskHide is still effective to hide root from apps.
    • MagiskHide does not require to inject into zygote, so it will nearly not be detectable, does not like other hiding injection modules. And hiding root is not necessary to inject into zygote.
    • Since Magisk Delta 25203, MagiskHide has switched to rely on logcat, make it is more undetectable.
    • On Android 11+, it is unnecessary to inject into zygote in order to handle isolated process or app zygote.
    • MagiskHide is removed from official Magisk. Leave users no choice to hide root from apps.
    • Zygisk is easily detected and cannot be hidden, DenyList is the out of reality feature which unload zygisk in selected apps but does not hide zygisk, in additional it make many modules less compatible and stop working. In fact, every one will want their modules to work on apps that they hide root from
    • Riru has RiruHide to hide itself from maps. There are no such feature exists on zygisk. And Riru does not working if zygisk is enabled.
    There are known apps which start to detect zygisk and work with MagiskHide only: Itsme, Livin by Madiri, Instapay. If you use these apps, the only way is to disable zygisk and use only MagiskHide.
    Thread re-opened
    omg works absolutely perfect unlike this zygisk crap

you might want to dial down the use of the word crap? people work hard to give you options, not least of which topjohnwu, creator of magisk and zygisk....maybe you were unaware theyre linked...
    MagiskHide detection has been fixed in latest Canary version so you might not need MomoHider