[Discussion] Magisk Delta - Another unofficial third-party Magisk fork

Search This thread

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
All good and thanks for the advice @zgfg | @pitelasssss

Moved to Zygisk, with Shamiko and USNF + Mod.

Screenshot_20220810-142948.jpg

Just the bootloader unlock is now visible.
How did you'll spoof that ?

Screenshot_20220810-142939_Momo.jpg

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
.... Keep MagiskHide (and enabled) - we are talking about Delta.
I have Shamiko, USNF 2.3.1- mod (see in GPay thread and USNF thread).
I have also Zygisk-LSPosed with some LSPosed modules...
Any particular/compelling reason to keep MagiskHide enabled? What damage would keeping it disabled do?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Any particular/compelling reason to keep MagiskHide enabled? What damage would keeping it disabled do?
Damage - maybe nuke😁

What is your compelling reason not to enable MagiskHide if you want to hide Magisk from some app?

Then you don't even need to check-mark apps in MagiskHide list

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Some files are required to be mounted earlier than "post-fs-data", example, manifest.xml need to be mounted before hwservicemanager which will be started in "init", replace it by magisk module is too late. So Magisk Delta has add early-mount.d function which allow module developers to replace files as soon as possible. https://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files/docs/internal-guide.html

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....What is your compelling reason not to enable MagiskHide if you want to hide Magisk from some app?...
well, i saw this and got confused. that apart, i saw no changes in magisk detector 3.0 and momo 4.3.1 with magiskhide enabled/disabled. your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811_134535.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811_134535.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 62

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
well, i saw this and got confused. that apart, i saw no changes in magisk detector 3.0 and momo 4.3.1 with magiskhide enabled/disabled. your thoughts?
No 'thoughts' - I know what I run and the results I have

Screenshots attached

Btw, once again, think how MagiskHide works - you need to fill the list and enable. One without the other is pointless. But your choice

Attachments

• _2.jpg
    _2.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 127
  • _4.jpg
    _4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 122
  • _5.jpg
    _5.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 106
  • _8.jpg
    _8.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 97
  • _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 101
  • _3.jpg
    _3.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 109
  • _6.jpg
    _6.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 114
  • _7.jpg
    _7.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

pitelasssss

No 'thoughts' - I know what I run and the results I have

Screenshots attached

Btw, once again, think how MagiskHide works - you need to fill the list and enable. One without the other is pointless. But your choice
Screenshot_20220812-073756.jpg
Screenshot_20220812-073934_TB Checker.jpg

No need to use close source modules

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-073914_Play Intergrity API Checker.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-073914_Play Intergrity API Checker.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20220812-074111_Momo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-074111_Momo.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 75

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
i have magiskhide disabled (didn't see any difference with it enabled). my device does not have nfc. well, everything else is the same (as yours).
Ok then, good for you

Unfortunately, I don't know for some instructions covering the best practices to set-up Delta.
Particularly, what happens when MagiskHide is disabled and Zygisk enabled - who then processes the MagiskHide list and what kind of 'hiding' is then enabled

You could further ask developer

(I'm staying with my settings since they work for me - besides, it is my second phone, used only for testing and so, hence not really in daily use - on my daily driver I use the official Magisk)

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
.... instructions covering the best practices to set-up Delta...
..... it is my second phone... on my daily driver I use the official Magisk..
i'm not well-versed in all these, either. i read and try what i can - with help from knowledgeable folks (like you, among others). my other phones are very old; not sure they'd boot :D

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
"Hide the Magisk App" option is no longer required and or is it advised against to do it ?

None of the guides here suggests it, So I was wondering whether it causes damage rather than any help now ...

Screenshot_20220815-121709.png

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
"Hide the Magisk App" option is no longer required and or is it advised against to do it ?

None of the guides here suggests it, So I was wondering whether it causes damage rather than any help now ...

View attachment 5686103
Hiding Magisk app renames package name (because it is known to banking apps)

Delta is already built with different package name, therefore it is not needed to Hide the app - unless banking apps would start caring also of Delta's package name

Still, you can do Hide the app, it makes no damage (but you will better have to unhide/restore prior to every updating, hence why to bother with hiding/restoring the app)

Reactions: samftw24 and JazonX

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hiding Magisk app renames package name (because it is known to banking apps)

Delta is already built with different package name, therefore it is not needed to Hide the app - unless banking apps would start caring also of Delta's package name

Still, you can do Hide the app, it makes no damage (but you will better have to unhide/restore prior to every updating, hence why to bother with hiding/restoring the app)

Very clear answer, Thanks a ton mate !

Reactions: zgfg

73sydney

Meanwhile, hiding issues with latest canary

Process (trying TWRP method for a change, to save faffing around):

- New ROM Flash
- Magisk installed via TWRP (apk renamed to zip, then apk installed after boot)
- Trying to hide Magisk Manager.....nope, despite getting the SU prompt, and clicking to Grant, it fails, wanting me to immediately (re) install the original Manager. which i do, only to find the renamed (hidden) Manager sitting in app drawer...im like wtf?
- Uninstall the renamed (hidden) Manager, and reboot to get Magisk back
- Set automatic Response to Grant
- Hide Magisk Manager - works fine

that makes little sense :)

Update:

Exact same thing happens when using the boot.img patching method....

Neither behaviour is seen with stock Magisk Manager

Last edited:

Ikkegwn

Jul 5, 2017
OnePlus 5
When trying to switch to magisk delta, i got a bootloop.
I used to have magisk 23, upgraded, had riru lsposed, now normal lsposed. Haven't tried after everything was settled
Oneplus 5, Android 10, oxygen 10.0.1.
Not sure what other info i need to mention.
Heck, it might not even be a bootloop, just me being scared and impatient bc it's taking longer than normal but i don't know what the time it should take

73sydney

When trying to switch to magisk delta, i got a bootloop.
I used to have magisk 23, upgraded, had riru lsposed, now normal lsposed. Haven't tried after everything was settled
Oneplus 5, Android 10, oxygen 10.0.1.
Not sure what other info i need to mention.
Heck, it might not even be a bootloop, just me being scared and impatient bc it's taking longer than normal but i don't know what the time it should take

A good policy when upgrading, especially a large version jump or across different forks of Magisk(s) is to disable the modules before you do any upgrading - if anything it will rule the modules out if you have issues

Magisk Delta will still use riru and riru mods....

See here for tips on how to recover and do things like manually remove modules if need be

Reactions: m0han

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omg works absolutely perfect unlike this zygisk crap

you might want to dial down the use of the word crap? people work hard to give you options, not least of which topjohnwu, creator of magisk and zygisk....maybe you were unaware theyre linked...
    Upsteam to latest commit of Magisk because it includes some fixes such as zygisk crashes child zygote on Android 13, libsu fixes,...
    Riru core similar bug is also updated....
    dumb question, early init mount is about modifying files on early stage? can I create folder /system/test which then become /test after pivot root?
    Check https://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files/docs/internal-guide.html
    Thread Cleaned├┤Good morning everyone! This thread is about Magisk Delta, please remain on topic and avoid existential elaborate discussions, however interesting, about the Magiskal meaning of life. Thank you for flying XDA and have an amazing day!├
    ... Also is Delta safe enough for me to switch over to? My apps still detect root but am still able to use gpay and pass device integrity.

I saw a few posts back that I shouldn't dirty install is update process similar to lygisk? will magisk-hide be effective with this version of magisk? (Currently running Lygisk android 12 pixel 3)
    Safe or not, you can check source code, it seems no one care about it. If you are scare of bootloop, why not keep using official if you are fine with current setup?
    This is not an officially supported topjohnwu project.
    If you are looking for official Magisk source, please go to this page

Introduction

Custom Magisk fork by HuskyDG. Sync with official Magisk adding back MagiskHide.
    http://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files

Why use MagiskHide?
    • MagiskHide is not dead yet. MagiskHide is still effective to hide root from apps.
    • MagiskHide does not require to inject into zygote, so it will nearly not be detectable, does not like other hiding injection modules. And hiding root is not necessary to inject into zygote.
    • Since Magisk Delta 25203, MagiskHide has switched to rely on logcat, make it is more undetectable.
    • On Android 11+, it is unnecessary to inject into zygote in order to handle isolated process or app zygote.
    • MagiskHide is removed from official Magisk. Leave users no choice to hide root from apps.
    • Zygisk is easily detected and cannot be hidden, DenyList is the out of reality feature which unload zygisk in selected apps but does not hide zygisk, in additional it make many modules less compatible and stop working. In fact, every one will want their modules to work on apps that they hide root from
    • Riru has RiruHide to hide itself from maps. There are no such feature exists on zygisk. And Riru does not working if zygisk is enabled.
    There are known apps which start to detect zygisk and work with MagiskHide only: Itsme, Livin by Madiri, Instapay. If you use these apps, the only way is to disable zygisk and use only MagiskHide.
    Thread re-opened
    omg works absolutely perfect unlike this zygisk crap

you might want to dial down the use of the word crap? people work hard to give you options, not least of which topjohnwu, creator of magisk and zygisk....maybe you were unaware theyre linked...
    MagiskHide detection has been fixed in latest Canary version so you might not need MomoHider