[Discussion] Kitsune Mask - Another unofficial mask of Magisk

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
But it's gone after I restart my phone tho
There is a Pixel Flasher thread - it's a great tool, helping Pixel users to install Magisk, etc

Plus, there are Pixel experts there who will better know about the issues specific to Pixel models and their updates - suggesting to ask there (recently, somebody asked in one of the Magisk threads here and eventually hard-bricked his phone based on the 'normal' answers he got)

uschipower

Mar 14, 2009
...App Data Isolation
which magisk module do you use for this?

Change the filename of /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh to anything that doesn't contain magisk. Reboot and it will work
you are my hero - you found the new detection method
Is this script not neccessary for something to work?

is there a magisk/zygote module like HideMyApps which is doing the same for folders and files? so you could configure which folders/files are not visible for selected apps.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
which magisk module do you use for this?

It was previously asked/answered here or in another Magisk thread, there you can also find a link for the alternative module, for A10 and older Android versions (if needed)

Reactions: onimorza

pndwal

you are my hero - you found the new detection method
Is this script not neccessary for something to work?
It will only be present if Magisk was installed as .zip installation from custom recovery and system is r/w... addon.d is a survival script function for addon packages like GApps and Magisk to survive ROM updates... version 2 supports full OTAs run while OS is booted...

If you forget to restore that directory before taking ROM update I'm guessing Magisk may simply not be restored (survive) and you'll need to do an initial installation again...

@osm0sis may like to investigate/comment on ways this directory can be hidden now that banks are evidently detecting it...
is there a magisk/zygote module like HideMyApps which is doing the same for folders and files? so you could configure which folders/files are not visible for selected apps.
Not that I'm aware of. PW

• Wow
Reactions: osm0sis

Aldwarii

Aug 20, 2019
Hi there

I am having difficulty with these applications: SNB, Absher, and Nafad. All other apps seem to be working for me. Would you like to try them to see if they work for you?

I am using Magisk Delta, zygisk . with hidemyapplist white-listing and magiskhide

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I had a suspicion this was going to happen.
This was posted in the Delta Telegram group:
I have to say with regret that Magisk Delta is dead... There will no more updates. Thank all for using Magisk Delta along with those days, we have many memories that should never be faded. I will miss you

Last edited by a moderator:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I had a suspicion this was going to happen.
This was posted in the Delta Telegram group:
Yeah, there was no update since Mar 17.
Sad if true unfortunately, but thanks for an excellent and very useful Magisk fork - actually the best one, better than the original and with better support

Hoping to see tomorrow, April 2 bringing the better news

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
It happened again.
Tan-App for german bank comdirect found a way to detect root again.
they released a new version a few days ago.
Change the filename of /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh to anything that doesn't contain magisk. Reboot and it will work
It will only be present if Magisk was installed as .zip installation from custom recovery and system is r/w... addon.d is a survival script function for addon packages like GApps and Magisk to survive ROM updates... version 2 supports full OTAs run while OS is booted...

If you forget to restore that directory before taking ROM update I'm guessing Magisk may simply not be restored (survive) and you'll need to do an initial installation again...

@osm0sis may like to investigate/comment on ways this directory can be hidden now that banks are evidently detecting it...

The suggestion was only to rename the Magisk script itself, so addon.d function should all still work, and renaming a specific script shouldn't have any effect on its function, so nothing to worry about there. 👍

Concerning that user apps are digging around in /system now...

It would probably be worth reporting it as a bug to Lineage; they might be able to adjust the SELinux context or permissions of addon.d while still keeping it working.

• Love
Reactions: pndwal

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_192837.jpg
    IMG_20230401_192837.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 108

uschipower

Mar 14, 2009
does AppDataIsolation make HmA obsolete? Or should I use it parallel to AppDataIsolation?

Does AppDataIsolation work for you?
Module is from 2021
I installed module in DeltaMagisk in an unofficial LOS19 (from retiredtab).
Device boot approxemately until unlock screen, then device reboots.
...for the alternative module, for A10 and older Android versions (if needed)
alternative module only for A10 and below, right, not for A11 and above?
It is listet in a repo in Fox's Magisk Module Mangaer

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
does AppDataIsolation make HmA obsolete? Or should I use it parallel to AppDataIsolation?

Does AppDataIsolation work for you?
Module is from 2021
I installed module in DeltaMagisk in an unofficial LOS19 (from retiredtab).
Device boot approxemately until unlock screen, then device reboots.

alternative module only for A10 and below, right, not for A11 and above?
It is listet in a repo in Fox's Magisk Module Mangaer
I have App Data Isolation but still need HMA

The module I use was released on Jan 21, 2023 - but the module's code seems to be (at least 4 months) older:

Please better check on GitHub for which Android version the particular module is suitable, cannot tell you better than what their developers describe

I have only A11 and A12 hence I don't use that alternative module for A10 and earlier, and don't know anything more about that module.
Also, I don't use LOS

In Fox, click on Description and you will go to GitHub (it works for modules from the Alt Repo), there you can see provided info about the given module

Last edited:

ToXiTe

Jan 17, 2015
Using Magisk Delta fixed 2 out of 3 apps for me that used to crash.

But the other one, my banking app, still detects something. When you open it, it basically opens the browser and online website instead because it detected tampering. Previously, with original Magisk, it used to append rasp=root to the URL. Now it appends rasp=android_hook. So that's progress I guess.

Last edited:

m0han

All 'as before' - on Magisk-80d8cbf0-delta(25210).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403-003526_Magisk Delta.png
    Screenshot_20230403-003526_Magisk Delta.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20230403-004010_MemoryDetector.png
    Screenshot_20230403-004010_MemoryDetector.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20230403-004207_TB Checker.png
    Screenshot_20230403-004207_TB Checker.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 101

ToXiTe

Jan 17, 2015
MemoryDetector says "Selinux has been modified by Magisk". What could be the cause?

Top Liked Posts

Play Integrity API checker always showed Pass for Device and Basic integrity.

SafetyNet test was showing FAILed for Basic Integrity and CTS profile match. Both as now passing, but I didnt change anything to make it pass.
    Huh, had the same thing happen here.

I was struggling to get Play integrity with several root solutions and eventually ended up here. It did not pass yesterday and it does now.
    I removed kitsune and installed ksu. I have zygisknext, pif, playcurl, shamiko, zygisk lsposed+ bootloader spoofer. Environment normal on momo. All other banking apps work. But payzapp closes immediately after i open it
    I have 2 bank apps the same. If use HMA bootloader spoofer or any xposed mod on them they just FC the same
    Your Play Integrity passes Device, not (just) Basic, so you're ok with Play Integrity and that's important

Although it's strange about SafetyNet but in your post #1995 it's not really YASNAC - YASNAC is on my screenshot

Btw, check also what you have in SUList, if usung
    Your Play Integrity passes Device, not (just) Basic, so you're ok with Play Integrity and that's important

Although it's strange about SafetyNet but in your post #1995 it's not really YASNAC - YASNAC is on my screenshot

Btw, check also what you have in SUList, if usung
    My post 1997 is a different YASN that has a similar screen as yours and shows CTS profile Fail.

Odd that one SN checker Passes Basic Integrity while another shows Fail
    Play Integrity API checker always showed Pass for Device and Basic integrity.

SafetyNet test was showing FAILed for Basic Integrity and CTS profile match. Both as now passing, but I didnt change anything to make it pass.
    Huh, had the same thing happen here.

I was struggling to get Play integrity with several root solutions and eventually ended up here. It did not pass yesterday and it does now.
    This is not an officially supported topjohnwu project.
    If you are looking for official Magisk source, please go to this page

Introduction

WARNING! You are using an unofficial version of Magisk that is not officially supported by the Magisk author. This version may contain unstable modifications that could harm your device or compromise your security. Do not report any issues or request any help from official Magisk channels. If you use this version but do not know this is an unofficial version, please switch to the official Magisk at https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk

Custom Magisk fork by HuskyDG. Sync with official Magisk adding back MagiskHide.
    http://huskydg.github.io/magisk-files
    Ptrace MagiskHide ported as Magisk module which allows user to hide without enabling Zygisk on Official Magisk v24.0+

For all Malaysian users here, I did a quick test. Basically, uninstalled magisk, then install step by step and test the banking apps as below. Hope this will benefit and give some ideas to new users here.

I am using magisk delta version 0fe46c5a. As of now, I think RHB is the most sensitive as I think it is detecting play integrity or HMA or Shamiko because even disabling them, RHB still does not work, probably needs uninstall. However, the workaround shared by me earlier is to create another partition(called second space in MIUI) and install RHB there, it will work even with sequence 6 below.

1696416927356.png
    Why the new Kitsune users enable SU List if they don't understand how to properly configure the list (I know, since they found mantra on TG channels "Go install Kitsune and enable SULust"...)

DenyList, Magisk Hide, Unmount Modules - they all work in BLACKLIST mode

SUList works in the opposite, WHITELIST mode

Hence if you enable a banking app in the SUList - you're letting a green light to the app to detect su and everything

If you don't enable Chrome in SuList, Chrome will see the original hosts file, not the hosts file patched by AdAway, hence AdAway in root mode will not block ads in Chrome

Etc. If not understanding what you must/must not enable in SUList, better disable SUList and use the default Blacklist hiding mode, where you simply enable exactly the apps you want to hide the root from - just like in MagiskHide or DenyList, with the instructions available elswhere

SU List is powerful but must be understood and used properly