[Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

Search This thread

amn1987

ICICI Pockets latest version (9.4) instantly crashes on all my rooted devices(Magisk 24.3,Shamiko). Works fine in a device running stock MIUI. It's the only app that I haven't been able to tame. Old version 9.2 became non-functional from yesterday.
Edit: Just restricting "Get Applications" was sufficient to get the app working in a manner of speaking. The app in general is quite buggy and I haven't been able to complete the on-boarding process despite multiple tries.
Edit2: I was finally able to login after manually granting every permission beforehand.

Last edited:

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
ICICI Pockets latest version (9.4) instantly crashes on all my rooted devices(Magisk 24.3,Shamiko). Works fine in a device running stock MIUI. It's the only app that I haven't been able to tame. Old version 9.2 became non-functional from yesterday.
Edit: Just restricting "Get Applications" was sufficient to get the app working in a manner of speaking. The app in general is quite buggy and I haven't been able to complete the on-boarding process despite multiple tries.
Edit2: I was finally able to login after manually granting every permission beforehand.
What permissions are you granting?

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Oeutrange
Hello, in momo 4.1.1 I have in detail "partition, mounted adnormally" I thought it came from the USB port no so it came from memory or partition

I have a problem with magisk every time I add third-party application LSposed example from zisgisk or others.
Magisk once restart no longer works magisk app non zigysk non ramdisk non normal.
There is no module that remembers the installation to reactivate without reflashing or integrating backup in magisk.
thank you

Last edited:

pndwal

... And I thought Mr 73Sydney was the spanner guy!...

Yeah, cute, open source too... But who needs it here? ("WebRTC native client that utilizes hardware encoders such as NVIDIA Jetson and Raspberry Pi to deliver high quality video such as 4K and 1080p with less than a second delay...")

Could be some licencing issues w/ the name... except 'our' Momo seems to originate in China... 🤔

Anyway, you get my new award for original answers designed to kerflummox -

Spanner.jpeg

😁 PW

Last edited:

slimshouki

Dec 5, 2012
I have tried every single solution mentioned here in the thread to hide root from this banking app Instapay but unfortunately always detect root despite all other banking apps are working.
I Have Latest Magisk Alpha 24310
Latest Shamiko 0.5.0 (112)
InitRcHider
HMA lsposed and magisk module hiding all root request apps and lsposed modules from banking apps
USNF
MagiskHide Props Config
Bromite webview replaced Android webview using magisk module
Zygisk on and enforcing denylist off
App runs normally if magisk hide on and zygisk is disabled

73sydney

... And I thought Mr 73Sydney was the spanner guy!...

Yeah, cute, open source too... But who needs it here? ("WebRTC native client that utilizes hardware encoders such as NVIDIA Jetson and Raspberry Pi to deliver high quality video such as 4K and 1080p with less than a second delay...")

Could be some licencing issues w/ the name... except 'our' Momo seems to originate in China... 🤔

Anyway, you get my new award for original answers designed to kerflummox -

View attachment 5620571

😁 PW

Hey, I want my spanner back!

....and Ponkles to all

dewa5227

Oct 31, 2010
Surabaya
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I have tried every single solution mentioned here in the thread to hide root from this banking app Instapay but unfortunately always detect root despite all other banking apps are working.
I Have Latest Magisk Alpha 24310
Latest Shamiko 0.5.0 (112)
InitRcHider
HMA lsposed and magisk module hiding all root request apps and lsposed modules from banking apps
USNF
MagiskHide Props Config
Bromite webview replaced Android webview using magisk module
Zygisk on and enforcing denylist off
App runs normally if magisk hide on and zygisk is disabled
already try island ?

Top Liked Posts

Latest Momo (v4.3.1) found Zygisk again. Previous version didn't.
    Latest Momo (v4.3.1) found Zygisk again. Previous version didn't.
    And you realized that you was played in "no exit vicious circle"
    @ipdev can you add https://github.com/mywalkb/DenylistUnmount to this post, as an open source alternative to Shamiko? Many users are posting positive results with this module.
    I bookmarked it the other day when I ran across the link in a different thread. 🙃
    I added Denylist Unmount to Points of Interest.

Unfortunately my time has been short lately. 🙁
    Life and sidetracked by other projects.

I have been meaning to update Post #9 for awhile now.
    Post #9 was to be a catch all post for additional links recommended in the threads.
    I have been trying to figure a good way to format/layout and categorize it.​

This is my current WIP.
    Still needs to be formatted better. The secondary title needs to be reworded. Add/reword descriptions.
    Other cleanup and format/layout.

Points of Interest.
    Apps, Links, Modules, Posts and Threads.
    Additional links recommended by the xda family.

Apps

Hide My Applist
    Hide apps or reject app list requests.
    Requires Xposed.​
    Download Links:
    GitHub | PlayStore

Oprek Root Detector
    Check Devices Health​
    Download Links:
    PlayStore

Magisk Modules

Denylist Unmount
    Unmount the denylist processes​
    Download Links:
    GitHub

LSPosed
    Systemless Xposed framework.
    Zygisk releases are now included.
    Releases
    Download Links:
    GitHub

Shamiko
    Add description​
    Download Links:
    GitHub

xda Posts

xda Threads

Other

Note(s)
    • Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs.

Cheers. :cowboy:
    Anyone here have issue with latest version of Shamiko and some banking apps?
    My Starling app keeps closing itself when I have enabled Shamiko but if I disable it and revert to enforce denylist the app works fine but one of my other apps does not work without shamiko!
    Try using my build, turn off zygisk (optional) and enable MagiskHide.

About Zygisk: Zygisk is still not perfect for hiding and zygisk leave very obvious traces for some apps such as Livin by Madiri (only work without zygisk). The problem is not "root is not hidden" but "Zygisk is not hidden". Riru has RiruHide to hide itself from scanning /proc/<pid/maps but Zygisk doesn't have hiding method and DenyList doesn't hide zygisk. If you are using LSPosed, recommended to use Riru for now.

If you apps are still detecting root, try install Riru - MomoHider: https://github.com/HuskyDG/Riru-Momohider/releases/tag/0.0.8-all-configs
    Points of Interest.

LSPosed
    Zygisk releases are now included.
    Download Links:

Shamiko
    Download Links:
    @ipdev can you add https://github.com/mywalkb/DenylistUnmount to this post, as an open source alternative to Shamiko? Many users are posting positive results with this module.
    Today I upgraded to Magisk 24, on my device I have also LSPosed.
    In previous version riru and magisk hide was separated, so I could hide root for an app and hook with lsposed, now if I put the app in denylist, lsposed is not working.
    I see many people use shamiko for hide root and continue to use lsposed, but I don't like because it's closed source.
    I found an alternative DenylistUnmount (open source) is not perfect as shamiko but I think is good for many apps. I installed about 30 banking apps and only one detect root with DenylistUnmount but root is detected also with shamiko. So also shamiko is not perfect.
    Has anyone tried this module yet?
    After some times problem solved, now after update to momo 4.2.0 "found zygisk" appear again 😁
    If your banking apps work fine, you should forget about what Momo found. Momo is known to have false detection of some check, someone report to me that it detect code injection on locked bootloader, "found zygisk" EVEN device doesn't install magisk.
    This is a discussion and help thread for the newer versions of Magisk.

The main goal of this thread is to help users migrate to Magisk v24+
    • SafetyNet
      Basic integrity Pass
      CTS profile match Pass
    • Play Protect certification
      Device is certified

Feel free to discuss or give links to other Magisk related issues.
    Fixes for gPay, banking apps and/or other apps and games that detect a 'compromised' Android system.
    Please try to restrain from discussing alternative (unofficial) Magisk builds that include changes that were removed or can not be included in the official Magisk builds. 🙃

Please read John's State of Magisk (medium.com)

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23010) canary builds.
    • MagiskHide is removed.
      MagiskHide masked the sensitive properties of the device to hide it from SafetyNet.
      Renaming (repackaging) the Magisk app is/was not part of MagiskHide.
      You still have the option to Hide the Magisk app under setting.​
    • Magisk Module online Repo is removed.
      The Magisk Module online Repo is still available and can be accessed outside of the Magisk app.​
    • Everything SafetyNet is removed.
      This includes the SafetyNet check that was incorporated into the Magisk app.​
    • Zygisk is introduced.
      Zygote + Magisk = Zygisk​
    • The Deny list replaces the Hide list.
      The Hide list (more or less) hid Magisk from the process on the list.
      The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.​

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23017) canary builds.
    • Magisk supports update channels per module.
      Each module can include it's own update link.​
    • Hide Magisk offline.
      You do not need internet connection to rename (repackage) the Magisk app.​

What does this mean?
    Not much.
    It is just the next step in Magisk's development.
    Zygisk is a big step forward. ;)

Even before these changes in Magisk, the xda family and the Android community have always been active and willing to share. :D

Jump to Post

This is post will be updated once Magisk v24 is released.
    Magisk
    The Magic Mask for Android.

Magisk Links:
    GitHub
    Release Notes

Download Links:
    Stable and Beta releases.
    Canary
    • GitHub
      The notes.md file is the change log.
      The app-debug.apk is Magisk canary.
      Click on app-debug.apk and choose View Raw or click on the Download option.​

Credits:
    topjohnwu
    All who contribute and support this project.
    Modules

MagiskHide Props Config
    This module allows you to add, change and adjust prop values systemlessly using Magisk.​

MagiskHide Props Config Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Didgeridoohan

Universal SafetyNet Fix
    It has been a year now since kdrag0n figured out how to 'trick' SafetyNet.
    This 'trick' has been implemented properly into quite a few custom roms.
    For custom roms that do not include it and/or stock roms, he turned it into a module.​

Universal SafetyNet Fix Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    kdrag0n
    Apps

Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    This app allows you to manage and install Magisk modules.
    Including from an online repo.​

Fox's Magisk Module Manager Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Fox2Code

YASNAC - Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker
    YASNAC (short for Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker) is an Android app that demonstrates SafetyNet Attestation API.​

YASNAC Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    RikkaW
    Force Basic Attestation

Newer devices are designed to support hardware attestation.
    Currently there is no way to hide the sensitive device properties when checked using hardware attestation.​

To get around this, kdrag0n figured out how trick SafetyNet that the device does not support hardware attestation.
    SafetyNet will then fall back to check using basic attestation.

Note:
    This method will work for devices that support hardware attestation and devices that do not.
    • Enable Zygisk.
    • Install the USNF module.
    • Reboot

To keep posts short, the instructions are hid by spoiler tags.
    If you have not installed Magisk.
    Follow the installation link in the Magisk post.​

Download the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.
    Download link is in the Modules post.​

1. Enable Zygisk
      • Open the Magisk app.
      • Go to Settings.
      • Scroll down to the Magisk section.
      • Toggle Zygisk on.
      • Go back to the Magisk Home screen.
    2. Go to Modules.
      • Select Install from storage.
      • Navigate to the Universal SafetyNet Fix module zip file and select it.
    3. Reboot.

The USNF module will adjust the sensitive props that are needed to pass SafetyNet.
    Depending on the device and system (ROM) configuration, you might need to adjust a few more.
    See the Adjust Prop values post.​