[Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

Search This thread

dohanin

Mar 26, 2011
Sony Xperia X Compact
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
freeze it and it doesn't work either. It works in all banks except one. My mobile has Android 12 (Miui 13), when I had Andorid 11 (Miui 12) I had the same problem but solved it using the magisk 23. Magisk 23 does not work on Android 12 , I read that some block URLs with Adaway but there is not much information about it
Is the Hang Seng bank app this one --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hangseng.rbmobile ?

I tried it yesterday and confirmed that it stopped detecting root when the Magisk app was not enabled. Make sure you clear the app's storage and kill it first before opening it again.

I'm using Stock Android 12, Magisk stable with USNF and Shamiko modules.

I don't think Adaway would help, because it is just for blocking ads.

Reactions: angelomb

angelomb

Jun 4, 2013
Is the Hang Seng bank app this one --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hangseng.rbmobile ?

I tried it yesterday and confirmed that it stopped detecting root when the Magisk app was not enabled. Make sure you clear the app's storage and kill it first before opening it again.

I'm using Stock Android 12, Magisk stable with USNF and Shamiko modules.

I don't think Adaway would help, because it is just for blocking ads.
the app is Yape -- > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bcp.innovacxion.yapeapp&hl=es_PE&gl=US

i tried Hang Seng bank app, I open that app and it didn't work then freeze the magisk app with the Airfrozen and it worked, but with my app "Yape" it does not work yet.

dohanin

Mar 26, 2011
Sony Xperia X Compact
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
the app is Yape -- > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bcp.innovacxion.yapeapp&hl=es_PE&gl=US

i tried Hang Seng bank app, I open that app and it didn't work then freeze the magisk app with the Airfrozen and it worked, but with my app "Yape" it does not work yet.
Oh I see, you were talking about a different app. I wanted to try it, but it "is not available in your country". Well, if it doesn't work by hiding the Magisk app, you may give a go with Island, or try other methods discussed in this thread, e.g. Magisk Alpha, Magisk Delta, Denylist Unmount module, etc. For me I always use Shamiko plus hiding the Magisk app since the Zygisk era because it works for those apps I use.

angelomb

Jun 4, 2013
Oh I see, you were talking about a different app. I wanted to try it, but it "is not available in your country". Well, if it doesn't work by hiding the Magisk app, you may give a go with Island, or try other methods discussed in this thread, e.g. Magisk Alpha, Magisk Delta, Denylist Unmount module, etc. For me I always use Shamiko plus hiding the Magisk app since the Zygisk era because it works for those apps I use.
this is the apk --> https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/banco...1-5-release/yape-2-31-5-android-apk-download/

i tried island app ,Denylist Unmount ,but they not work, i will try Magisk Alpha

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Tried the app myself now, it also detects root on my device. :(
It works for me lol ;)

Screenshot_20220703-220943_Yape.png

Reactions: J.Michael

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
I found an alternative DenylistUnmount (open source) is not perfect as shamiko but I think is good for many apps. I installed about 30 banking apps and only one detect root with DenylistUnmount but root is detected also with shamiko. So also shamiko is not perfect.
Has anyone tried this module yet?
So the one you mentioned detect zygisk ;) Can you tell the name of that app?

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
this is the apk --> https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/banco...1-5-release/yape-2-31-5-android-apk-download/

i tried island app ,Denylist Unmount ,but they not work, i will try Magisk Alpha

Tried the app myself now, it also detects root on my device. :(
Odd. :unsure:

It worked for me a few different ways.

All I did was add the app to the Denylist.

Using the Denylist.
Denylist is enforced.​

Using the Denylist Unmount module.
Denylist is not enforced.​

Using the Shamiko module.

Did not make a difference if the Magisk app was hidden (renamed) or not.
I even had an active abd connection while testing. 😜

Tested on Pixel 6.
oriole-sq3a.220605.009.b1-factory-80f98167
app-debug (aka Magisk canary)
safetynet-fix-v2.3.1
LSPosed-v1.8.3-6552-zygisk-release
Shamiko-v0.5.1-115-release
denylist-v0.4

Cheers. :cowboy:

Screenshot_20220703-132219.png Screenshot_20220703-132329.png Screenshot_20220703-132354.png Screenshot_20220703-132401.png

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I just installed Magisk v25.1 on my LG V20 H990DS with stock oreo and success without having kernel issues, but the app itself can't be opened (stuck on logo).
Of no use to you, just to satisfy my curiosity: How did you install Magisk? Did the Magisk app run before you installed Magisk?

If you uninstall the Magisk app and reboot, do you have a Magisk app? Does it behave any differently?

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021

Using the Denylist.
Denylist is enforced.​

Did you test with these apps, my lord?
These app will beat your Shamiko and Momo detection ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ipdev

dohanin

Mar 26, 2011
Sony Xperia X Compact
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Using the Denylist.
Denylist is enforced.​

No it makes no difference to me whether the Magisk is hidden or not.
FYI, I am not using the latest Magisk or Shamiko, because of the issue I have with the Zimperium zIPS app. (here)
Anyway, glad @angelomb found his solution and I'll stay in my current setup until it breaks :)

Reactions: ipdev and angelomb

pndwal

Pixel 6 setup.
safetynet-fix-v2.3.1
denylist-v0.4
Just a minor note: Magisk Canary is now app-release, not app-debug...

If you installed app-debug, you're either on an old Canary build, or you've installed new Debug instead of Canary...

... And suddenly I thought I was in The life of Brian... Bit ironic if you happen to be Lord Brian... Wonder what his mum would say?

😝 PW

Nb. Life of Brian Cohen, Wise Man born (contentiously) in the 194th Olympiad, should not be confused with Life of Brian Corrigan, modern Australian Olympic Doctor of some note... which may be a further irony, especially if you were a Doc Brian...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Did you test with these apps, my lord?
These app will beat your Shamiko and Momo detection ;)
No time to test at the moment but, I will give them a try in the next few days. 🙃

I will let you know my results sire. ;)

• Love
Reactions: pndwal

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Just a minor note: Magisk Canary is now app-release, not app-debug...

If you installed app-debug, you're either on an old Canary build, or you've installed new Debug instead of Canary...

... And suddenly I thought I was in The life of Brian... Bit ironic if you happen to be Lord Brian... Wonder what his mum would say?

😝 PW

Nb. Life of Brian Cohen, Wise Man born (contentiously) in the 194th Olympiad, should not be confused with Life of Brian Corrigan, modern Australian Olympic Doctor of some note... which may be a further irony, especially if you were a Doc Brian...
I did not find where it was mentioned but, basically release is the 'lite' version.
The debug version is the 'heavy' version including extra logging and more for debugging the Magisk build. 🙃

I might be wrong but..

Both canary (release) and debug are released at the same time and John does not specify a difference between the two.
They both point back to the latest commit at the time of their release.

Magisk [GitHub] - Release new canary build
magisk-files [GitHub] - Update Canary Channel: Upstream to 9183a0a6
magisk-files [GitHub] - Commit history.​

So I assume the current debug version is still just the debug version of the canary build. ;)

The current Magisk build script.
./build.py --help
Code:
usage: build.py [-h] [-r] [-v] [-c CONFIG] {all,binary,app,stub,emulator,avd_patch,clean,ndk} ...

Magisk build script

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -r, --release         compile in release mode
  -v, --verbose         verbose output
  -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
                        custom config file (default: config.prop)

actions:
  {all,binary,app,stub,emulator,avd_patch,clean,ndk}
    all                 build everything
    binary              build binaries
    app                 build the Magisk app
    stub                build the stub app
    emulator            setup AVD for development
    avd_patch           patch AVD ramdisk.img
    clean               cleanup
    ndk                 setup Magisk NDK

Lossani

Sep 13, 2021

Using the Denylist.
Denylist is enforced.​

Tested on Pixel 6.
safetynet-fix-v2.3.1
denylist-v0.4

View attachment 5651385 View attachment 5651387 View attachment 5651389 View attachment 5651391
I have Shamiko and Magisk 25 and can't pass this Yape app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Info:

Dear people of this thread,
    pls stay on topic and do not engage in world-events related discussions. This thread has seen enough of it already.

In the name of peace and prosperity,
    Happy Zygisk-related posting,
    Cheers everyone
    ... Needless inconvenience from banks ... its none of the banks business to stop their clients from using rooted devices. Theyre just adding another hindrance to smooth banking operations thereby possibly hampering their own business by wasting both their and their clients time. Thats Stupidity!
    Bank Devs did you hear? Pls discuss this with your bosses. Its like going backwards instead of forward.
    I totally agree!

And as I've mentioned here before, every desktop computer is a rooted device, and of course we don't see the banks trying to hinder us from accessing their services from our computers.

And banks gladly issue us debit cards which we keep in our wallets that are just as easy to steal as mobile devices.

Rooted Android devices are just low-hanging fruit. And the amount of fraud that's prevented by trying to fight against Android root is minuscule, given the extremely small percentage of mobile device users who want to use rooted Android devices. I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of money that banks spend for anti-Android-modding software development exceeds the maximum amount of money that could be lost via the hacking of modded Android devices.
    Currently, I have no info about Device Certified or not in Google Play Settings (screenshot)

I observed that yesterday night when I upgraded my Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE from the previous week Xiaomi.eu weekly (MIUI 13/A12) to the current.
    I thought it would become Certified over the day, but it's still in limbo

Frankly, last week when I installed Xiaomi.eu Weekly (first time) I forgot to check

Everything else is ok, SafetyNet (with Basic CTS), Play Integrity (Basic Integrity), Play Protect is ok, Netflix eg running with L1, etc

I'm kind of worried to wipe Google Play Data - not knowing would it become Certified or Not

I'm pretty sure I did have similar cases in the past with previous devices, ROMs, Magisk setup, but they used to settle down by itself in
    After wiping only the Cache for Playstore and waiting few more hours, now Certified
    Now 2 bank apps are working out of 3 after the recent update to the bank apps.
    I used A11 GSI, PhhTreble App Signature Spoofing, TWRP, Magisk 24.3 & a couple of important modules like Hide-User-Debug, USNF Moded, Hide-Props-Config, microG Gapps module safety net : All passed, Installed the bank apps through Aurora.
    For the 3rd bank app Dev Options need to be OFF & Only PlayStore Install allowed not PackageInstaller.
    Needless inconvenience from banks, they can just add more steps of verifications instead like Voice Recognition IVR AI (Voice Recognition IVR AI Bots are already functional in these banks helplline numbers) so they can just use that for bank app login verifications on top of other verifications. Its none of the banks business to stop their clients from using rooted devices. Theyre just adding another hindrance to smooth banking operations thereby possibly hampering their own business by wasting both their and their clients time. Thats Stupidity!
    Bank Devs did you hear? Pls discuss this with your bosses. Its like going backwards instead of forward.
    Why kdragon doesn't update it, or there are no good solution for that?
    As you know, he's aware and thanked @Displax for his fix / PR... And he does clearly want to improve the solution and scope the method
    to Play Integrity code by identifying methods it calls near the beginning and end of integrity checks, and adding hooks to set and restore the fingerprint ...
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/pull/207#issuecomment-1195452147

He has already suggested an idea for adding an end hook, but said:
    Of course, this is all theoretical as it depends on the exact order of steps in the integrity checking process. Worst case scenario, we could just sleep for 1 second or so and revert the fingerprint change in a background thread. Not sure when I'll have time to look into it myself, but feel free to try implementing this idea: ...
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/pull/207#issuecomment-1200437447
    - So it seems he's in no rush himself, and he's happy for other Devs to test / contribute (although none appear to have tried adding hooks etc yet)...

I guess he'll do more on this PR as time allows... If other Dev's haven't had time to test even proposed
    • Set the fingerprint in the key attestation hook
    • Spawn a thread to revert it after 3 seconds:
    thread(daemon = true) {
    Thread.sleep(3000)
    /* revert */
    }
    idea, then he may think 'why should I rush?'... He probably has a ton of more important maintenance on his plethora of apps, utilities, Proton ROM / kernel builds, etc to do...

Meanwhile, @Displax solution seems a pretty good one to tide us over, for most devices... PW
    This is a discussion and help thread for the newer versions of Magisk.

The main goal of this thread is to help users migrate to Magisk v24+
    • SafetyNet
      Basic integrity Pass
      CTS profile match Pass
    • Play Protect certification
      Device is certified

Feel free to discuss or give links to other Magisk related issues.
    Fixes for gPay, banking apps and/or other apps and games that detect a 'compromised' Android system.
    Please try to restrain from discussing alternative (unofficial) Magisk builds that include changes that were removed or can not be included in the official Magisk builds. 🙃

Please read John's State of Magisk (medium.com)

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23010) canary builds.
    • MagiskHide is removed.
      MagiskHide masked the sensitive properties of the device to hide it from SafetyNet.
      Renaming (repackaging) the Magisk app is/was not part of MagiskHide.
      You still have the option to Hide the Magisk app under setting.​
    • Magisk Module online Repo is removed.
      The Magisk Module online Repo is still available and can be accessed outside of the Magisk app.​
    • Everything SafetyNet is removed.
      This includes the SafetyNet check that was incorporated into the Magisk app.​
    • Zygisk is introduced.
      Zygote + Magisk = Zygisk​
    • The Deny list replaces the Hide list.
      The Hide list (more or less) hid Magisk from the process on the list.
      The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.​

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23017) canary builds.
    • Magisk supports update channels per module.
      Each module can include it's own update link.​
    • Hide Magisk offline.
      You do not need internet connection to rename (repackage) the Magisk app.​

What does this mean?
    Not much.
    It is just the next step in Magisk's development.
    Zygisk is a big step forward. ;)

Even before these changes in Magisk, the xda family and the Android community have always been active and willing to share. :D

Jump to Post

This is post will be updated once Magisk v24 is released.
    Magisk
    The Magic Mask for Android.

Magisk Links:
    GitHub
    Release Notes

Download Links:
    Stable and Beta releases.
    Canary
    • GitHub
      The notes.md file is the change log.
      The app-debug.apk is Magisk canary.
      Click on app-debug.apk and choose View Raw or click on the Download option.​

Credits:
    topjohnwu
    All who contribute and support this project.
    Modules

MagiskHide Props Config
    This module allows you to add, change and adjust prop values systemlessly using Magisk.​

MagiskHide Props Config Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Didgeridoohan

Universal SafetyNet Fix
    It has been a year now since kdrag0n figured out how to 'trick' SafetyNet.
    This 'trick' has been implemented properly into quite a few custom roms.
    For custom roms that do not include it and/or stock roms, he turned it into a module.​

Universal SafetyNet Fix Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    kdrag0n
    Apps

Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    This app allows you to manage and install Magisk modules.
    Including from an online repo.​

Fox's Magisk Module Manager Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Fox2Code

Play Intergrity API Checker
    This app shows info about your device integrity as reported by Google Play Services.
    If any of this fails could mean your device is rooted or tampered in a way (for example you have an unlocked bootloader).​

Development:

Download Links:

Credits:
    1nikolas

YASNAC - Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker
    YASNAC (short for Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker) is an Android app that demonstrates SafetyNet Attestation API.​

YASNAC Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    RikkaW
    Force Basic Attestation

Newer devices are designed to support hardware attestation.
    Currently there is no way to hide the sensitive device properties when checked using hardware attestation.​

To get around this, kdrag0n figured out how trick SafetyNet that the device does not support hardware attestation.
    SafetyNet will then fall back to check using basic attestation.

Note:
    This method will work for devices that support hardware attestation and devices that do not.
    • Enable Zygisk.
    • Install the USNF module.
    • Reboot

To keep posts short, the instructions are hid by spoiler tags.
    If you have not installed Magisk.
    Follow the installation link in the Magisk post.​

Download the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.
    Download link is in the Modules post.​

1. Enable Zygisk
      • Open the Magisk app.
      • Go to Settings.
      • Scroll down to the Magisk section.
      • Toggle Zygisk on.
      • Go back to the Magisk Home screen.
    2. Go to Modules.
      • Select Install from storage.
      • Navigate to the Universal SafetyNet Fix module zip file and select it.
    3. Reboot.

The USNF module will adjust the sensitive props that are needed to pass SafetyNet.
    Depending on the device and system (ROM) configuration, you might need to adjust a few more.
    See the Adjust Prop values post.​