[Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

Search This thread

pndwal

'Stable' Canary!
Screenshot_2022-01-28-23-42-48-137_zpogtxregv.zvot.jpg

😄 🐦 PW

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
My installation is working great so far. I noticed that my installation shows both Zygisk: Yes and Ramdisk: Yes.

Can someone explain why that is? Can you have an unmodified Ramdisk and still have a working Magisk?
"Ramdisk: Yes" means that the original, not-yet-patched-by-Magisk, boot image included a ramdisk. "Zygisk: Yes" means Zygisk has been activated within Magisk. I don't believe there is any particular connection between the two -- across many devices, I think all four combinations can occur. You can control whether Zygisk is active. The Ramdisk state depends on the original boot image, and does not change when you install Magisk, or when you change Magisk's configuration.

I don't think you can have Magisk installed without the ramdisk having been modified but, again, that display is not referring to whether the ramdisk has been modified.

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
I also passed the S-pushtan root detection
with Zygisk enabled, and USNF + Shamiko module installed. The denylist option is unchecked to make sure that the Shamiko module is working fine...

I'm using a pixel-based custom ROM, with an "abnormal" environment status according to Momo apps.
Would you mind sharing the exact settings for S-pushtan in HMA?
Also, do you have LXposed installed?

The app opens for me for about 2 seconds and then opens the browser, tellin me the root stuff

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I just installed Fox's Magisk Module Manager and Zygisk-LSPosed doesn't appear to be available. Any idea where can I find it? Is this be a Magisk Module that would be replacing the LSPosed Xposed module?

Thanks!
Since TG links are not allowed on XDA, decipher from the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-28-18-46-55-120_org.telegram.messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-28-18-46-55-120_org.telegram.messenger.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 296

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Since TG links are not allowed on XDA, decipher from the screenshot
Is not that I don't believe you, I just don't know where to get it. The screenshot doesn't help much. Could you please elaborate on download source and installation method? All Riru modules have been suspended upon reboot since I enabled Zygisk. Obviously, without Riru LSPosed, I cannot start LSPosed. Now what?

Do I need to go back and disable Zygisk in Magisk settings so I could regain access to LSPosed and then install the suggested version from within the (now available) LSPosed?

Thanks!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Is not that I don't believe you, I just don't know where to get it. The screenshot doesn't help much. Could you please elaborate on download source and installation method? All Riru modules have been suspended upon reboot since I enabled Zygisk. Obviously, without Riru LSPosed, I cannot start LSPosed. Now what?

Thanks!
Screenshot is from Telegram app. On top you see the channel name - you should install TG app and search for the given channel

At the bottom you see the latest release, LSPosed Zygisk relesse zip to download ("Save to Download")

Reactions: J.Michael

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
Screenshot is from Telegram app. On top you see the channel name - you should install TG app and search for the given channel

At the bottom you see the latest release, LSPosed Zygisk relesse zip to download ("Save to Download")
OK, I got it, thanks a buch! (although I just don't get this thing about forcing someone to use Telegram for downloading files. What's wrong with www?)

Now, having this checked, could you recommend the best module that's supposed to hide root since Magisk no longer does that? Thanks!

Last edited:

frank93

Oct 16, 2010
Berlin
Google Pixel 7a
I just installed Fox's Magisk Module Manager and Zygisk-LSPosed doesn't appear to be available. Any idea where can I find it? Is this be a Magisk Module that would be replacing the LSPosed Xposed module?

Thanks!
as far as i know, a stable (non-"nightly") version of zygisk-lsposed will be released next week. just in case you don’t wanna deal with telegram-repositories especially for that, or may wanna wait a few days until the stable release is out (like i am, for example). :)

Reactions: heinhuiz

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
as far as i know, a stable (non-"nightly") version of zygisk-lsposed will be released next week. just in case you don’t wanna deal with telegram-repositories especially for that, or may wanna wait a few days until the stable release is out (like i am, for example). :)
Cool, thanks, although I just installed the latest suggested version 1.6.5 (6337) and everything seems to be working fine. It's a pain having to go through all associations again (especially for XPrivacy Lua) but it is what is.

I've also noticed that apps in the deny list can NOT be added to XPrivacy Lua, (or any other module for that matter) which is quite an issue, since, in the case of XPrivacy Lua, having the ability to deny certain access to an app is definitely much more important than preventing the app from sensing root, as long as the app works just fine. For the time being it seem to be quite a compromise: hide root (deny list) with no ability to control privacy, or privacy with no ability to hide root. That's something we'll have to further look into.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Fif_ and heinhuiz

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
OK, I got it, thanks a buch! (although I just don't get this think about forcing someone to use Telegram for downloading files. What's wrong with www?)

Now, having this checked, could you recommend the best module that's supposed to hide root since Magisk no longer does that? Thanks!
Did you setup DenyList?
Check if SafetyNet passes.
You may need to use USNF 2.2.1 - read e g. post #14 in this thread

To hide Zygisk itself, use Shamiko - once installed, you need to disable Enforce DenyList since Shamiko will take over

Shamiko must be also downloaded from TG, but thanks to the new module auto-updating scheme (properly implemented for Shamiko but not for LSPosed), its URL can be obtained:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fif_

androx17

Nov 21, 2013
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you for putting this thread. From the OP, once I read all instructions, all is working fine and it is easy to follow and understand.

Redmi note 8 ginkgo ArrowOS.

Updated stable channel via app
Enable zygisk, configure denylist
Installed Fox mmm
Installed USNF
Pass safetynet
Banking apps working

I will be reporting again in the coming days if something came up ony device. Thank you again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk cannot be renamed in today's Canary build update. Error message appears. Is there a way to do this?
    There's several bug reports on GitHub about it so I'm sure they are aware of it. Either wait for the fix to be pushed, downgrade or use the debug version as the debug version is working properly
    Could someone check with

Crashes for me. Other bank apps work OK.
    Magisk alpha latest, lsposed latest, zygisk of magisk alpha, hma latest and shamiko
    Bruh
    It seems like the Zygote Injection is detectable now. For me the "Payback" app wont work anymore.

S20U, Android 13 latest security patch, Magisk Delta (Kitsune 26400), Magisk Hide, Zygisk, lsposed, HMA.

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Magisk/comments/198c0hz
    Well goodluck fixing your environment then..
    (3) Same device: unlocked bootloader, CustomRom (LineageOS 17/18/19 or 20), NOT rooted, nothing else installed, and: Payback does NOT work.
    I would bet a small fortune on that is what triggers it. Many other banking and multimedia / DRM protected app is triggered simply by having "linage" in the list of props (build.prop for example). Try this: mount /system read-write and remove a single char from all prop values that contains lineage in it (ex. lineage -> lineag) then reboot and likely it won't be triggered anymore. It will break the OTA process since the updater will not detect the build properly.. many banking apps are triggered like this (when using crDroid, LineageOS, etc..) and some of these apps are triggered by simpl using Xiaomi.EU for sure (but eliminating every xiaomieu and xiaomi.eu will cause an unbootable state - at least according to my experiments.. YMMV)..
    Anyone updated/installed RHB Mobile Banking Ver, 2.15.1? does it work with HMA and denylist enabled?
    This is a discussion and help thread for the newer versions of Magisk.

The main goal of this thread is to help users migrate to Magisk v24+
    • SafetyNet
      Basic integrity Pass
      CTS profile match Pass
    • Play Protect certification
      Device is certified

Feel free to discuss or give links to other Magisk related issues.
    Fixes for gPay, banking apps and/or other apps and games that detect a 'compromised' Android system.
    Please try to restrain from discussing alternative (unofficial) Magisk builds that include changes that were removed or can not be included in the official Magisk builds. 🙃

Please read John's State of Magisk (medium.com)

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23010) canary builds.
    • MagiskHide is removed.
      MagiskHide masked the sensitive properties of the device to hide it from SafetyNet.
      Renaming (repackaging) the Magisk app is/was not part of MagiskHide.
      You still have the option to Hide the Magisk app under setting.​
    • Magisk Module online Repo is removed.
      The Magisk Module online Repo is still available and can be accessed outside of the Magisk app.​
    • Everything SafetyNet is removed.
      This includes the SafetyNet check that was incorporated into the Magisk app.​
    • Zygisk is introduced.
      Zygote + Magisk = Zygisk​
    • The Deny list replaces the Hide list.
      The Hide list (more or less) hid Magisk from the process on the list.
      The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.​

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23017) canary builds.
    • Magisk supports update channels per module.
      Each module can include it's own update link.​
    • Hide Magisk offline.
      You do not need internet connection to rename (repackage) the Magisk app.​

What does this mean?
    Not much.
    It is just the next step in Magisk's development.
    Zygisk is a big step forward. ;)

Even before these changes in Magisk, the xda family and the Android community have always been active and willing to share. :D

Jump to Post

This is post will be updated once Magisk v24 is released.
    Magisk
    The Magic Mask for Android.

Magisk Links:
    GitHub
    Release Notes

Download Links:
    Stable and Beta releases.
    Canary
    • GitHub
      The notes.md file is the change log.
      The app-debug.apk is Magisk canary.
      Click on app-debug.apk and choose View Raw or click on the Download option.​

Credits:
    topjohnwu
    All who contribute and support this project.
    Modules

MagiskHide Props Config
    This module allows you to add, change and adjust prop values systemlessly using Magisk.​

MagiskHide Props Config Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Didgeridoohan

Universal SafetyNet Fix
    It has been a year now since kdrag0n figured out how to 'trick' SafetyNet.
    This 'trick' has been implemented properly into quite a few custom roms.
    For custom roms that do not include it and/or stock roms, he turned it into a module.​

Universal SafetyNet Fix Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    kdrag0n
    Apps

Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    This app allows you to manage and install Magisk modules.
    Including from an online repo.​

Fox's Magisk Module Manager Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Fox2Code

Play Intergrity API Checker
    This app shows info about your device integrity as reported by Google Play Services.
    If any of this fails could mean your device is rooted or tampered in a way (for example you have an unlocked bootloader).​

Development:

Download Links:

Credits:
    1nikolas

YASNAC - Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker
    YASNAC (short for Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker) is an Android app that demonstrates SafetyNet Attestation API.​

YASNAC Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    RikkaW
    Force Basic Attestation

Newer devices are designed to support hardware attestation.
    Currently there is no way to hide the sensitive device properties when checked using hardware attestation.​

To get around this, kdrag0n figured out how trick SafetyNet that the device does not support hardware attestation.
    SafetyNet will then fall back to check using basic attestation.

Note:
    This method will work for devices that support hardware attestation and devices that do not.
    • Enable Zygisk.
    • Install the USNF module.
    • Reboot

To keep posts short, the instructions are hid by spoiler tags.
    If you have not installed Magisk.
    Follow the installation link in the Magisk post.​

Download the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.
    Download link is in the Modules post.​

1. Enable Zygisk
      • Open the Magisk app.
      • Go to Settings.
      • Scroll down to the Magisk section.
      • Toggle Zygisk on.
      • Go back to the Magisk Home screen.
    2. Go to Modules.
      • Select Install from storage.
      • Navigate to the Universal SafetyNet Fix module zip file and select it.
    3. Reboot.

The USNF module will adjust the sensitive props that are needed to pass SafetyNet.
    Depending on the device and system (ROM) configuration, you might need to adjust a few more.
    See the Adjust Prop values post.​