[Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

Search This thread

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I have tried every single solution mentioned here in the thread to hide root from this banking app Instapay but unfortunately always detect root despite all other banking apps are working.
I Have Latest Magisk Alpha 24310
Latest Shamiko 0.5.0 (112)
InitRcHider
HMA lsposed and magisk module hiding all root request apps and lsposed modules from banking apps
USNF
MagiskHide Props Config
Bromite webview replaced Android webview using magisk module
Zygisk on and enforcing denylist off
App runs normally if magisk hide on and zygisk is disabled
Why isn't that the solution? ("magisk hide on and zygisk is disabled"?)

pndwal

oh and i installed smali patcher. but i heard that doesnt work
Well incompatible modules can cause boot loops... Worth disabling small just in case, but I think you likely have this issue:
Failed to update in recovery patch mode #5673

... Seems Direct install to update isn't working, but that a new patch / flash with Odin works (ie. as a workaround):
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/5673#issuecomment-1106681080

The issue is active and marked as a regression, so I'd watch that space... PW

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Screenshot speaks by itself

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_175836.jpg
    IMG_20220524_175836.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 127

winner71

Nov 1, 2007
I've spent a bit more time playing around this and got it to work without using the multi-user fix.

Your suggestion of freezing the magisk app set me on the right track, I installed HideMyAppList on LSPosed created a black list that hides Magisk, Titanium and HideMyAppList and set Enable All Hide Methods.

I then applied that blacklist to the HSBC Apps and restarted my phone (before that it said "Module Activated System service not running"

After this, HSBC no longer detected my phone as rooted.

Tip to test this, install AppList detector and make sure that everything passes. This will allow you to verify that hidemyapplist is working well.

HideMyAppList is a super useful module, unfortunately it seems that development has stopped. Luckily it's open source...
Hi bro, please inform what apps you tick in HMA lsposed?

GreekPilot

Jun 12, 2008
OnePlus 10 Pro
Problem... After Momo 4.1.1 found magisk a few days ago, today ESET also found rooted device. Shamiko didn't manage to hide root, also I tried to hide renamed Magisk from ESET with HMA but no success.

PS: I solved the Magisk detection.. After a lot of experiments, I disabled shamiko, enabled forced deny list, reboot, disable force deny list, enable shamiko, reboot and the miracle was done. I guess that shamino was needed a reset..
Screenshot_2022-05-26-15-37-40-40_8ecd68a317969a903887707449183b6f.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-26-15-37-26-90_f785a9320d04e2ea379e95ce9e5b4e63.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-26-15-37-26-90_f785a9320d04e2ea379e95ce9e5b4e63.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
And hiding by HMA really works also for other purposes like detaching YouTube from Playstore (bcs root Vanced YT requires specific old YT version that must never be updated) and similarly for detaching AndroidAuto (Google allows only navigation and various messages - and only through voice control; if you want to write mails or watch YT or Netflix on the car entertainment screen even when you park the car, you need particular old AA version, because only then custom apps for AA like CarTube, Fermata, Screen2Auto, AAMirror can work - otherwise AA block them).
And (only) HMA turned so far to be reliable option for A12, for properly detaching AA from PlayStore, for the purpose as above
Can you please tell how to hide / detach Youtube from playstore by HMA, thank you, I'm sorry if it's explained elsewhere in the thread but I read this thread from page 68 to the end and have started reading from the start and got your post also here but unable to understand how to do it

Thanks once again for various posts explaining other things in this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Michael

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Can you please tell how to hide / detach Youtube from playstore by HMA, thank you, I'm sorry if it's explained elsewhere in the thread but I read this thread from page 68 to the end and have started reading from the start and got your post also here but unable to understand how to do it

Thanks once again for various posts explaining other things in this posts
Check this post in this thread and the links there:
https://xdaforums.com/t/discussion-magisk-the-age-of-zygisk.4393877/post-86376291

One additional insight here, when I use Applist Detector (an app from dev of HMA) it says suspicious for "Abnormal Environment" and it raise this for XPrivacyLua - which I do use..But I have hidden it in HMA too for it to be not detected by Applist Detector and other apps. Screenshot attached. Anything to be done here...
what steps should I do so that xposed module are not detected in Applis detector as in your screenshot, I have hidden Applist detector in magisk and rest everything is ok but xposed modules are being detected (SS attached), thank you

Attachments

• Applist Detector.png
    Applist Detector.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 90

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
what steps should I do so that xposed module are not detected in Applis detector as in your screenshot, I have hidden Applist detector in magisk and rest everything is ok but xposed modules are being detected (SS attached), thank you
I did nothing specific...You may want to select "read applications" for Applist Detector in XprivacyLua

Actually mileage varies across rom for these xposed modules and their settings.

For eg. I am seeing Abnormal Environment whereas it is all good in your case.

Reactions: paarkhi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would bet a small fortune on that is what triggers it. Many other banking and multimedia / DRM protected app is triggered simply by having "linage" in the list of props (build.prop for example). Try this: mount /system read-write and remove a single char from all prop values that contains lineage in it (ex. lineage -> lineag) then reboot and likely it won't be triggered anymore. It will break the OTA process since the updater will not detect the build properly.. many banking apps are triggered like this (when using crDroid, LineageOS, etc..) and some of these apps are triggered by simpl using Xiaomi.EU for sure (but eliminating every xiaomieu and xiaomi.eu will cause an unbootable state - at least according to my experiments.. YMMV)..
    You can try the following - to avoid possibly breaking OTA

If you eg use Systemless hosts, then go to its folder (by root explorer like MixPlorer):
    /data/adb/modules/hosts

And create there a file:
    system.prop

containing:
    ro.lineage.build.version=

Reboot, and the given prop shall be systemlessly removed (unless the ROM enforces the prop only after booting is completed)

When you want to do OTA, rename that system.prop to eg system.bak and reboot - you will again have the original ROMs prop(s)

You can similarly (miss)use any other module's folder and if it already has the system.prop, just add your lines in and reboot
    Can someone try this app and see if it works?

My set up is currently this and it still doesn't work. Magisk alpha + zygisk enabled + Denylist +lsposed
    I don't know for your particular app, but if you want help you need to share more info - like did you put that app to DenyList, what is your phone, ROM, Android version...

Moreover, if you use LSPosed, you probably have also one or more LSPosed modules. Which ones?

Also, to hide LSPosed modules you usually need to use HMA to hide them. So, do you do that and how (screenshots)?
    If not familiar with HMA, please scroll back/search theough the older posts

Banking apps don't rely only on Pčay Integrity / Safety Net, but they usuallly apply other detection methids. To help yourself you would need to test with detectors like TBChecker, Ruru, SBCheck, even Momo and try to do your best to pass them (Momo will probably alsways detect something, at least unlocked BL).
    Wjen you succeded with that, then apply sane hiding trchniques to themparticulat banking app

Unless you stumble to somebody using that exact app (Pkaystore says that app is not available worldwide to download and test) and to give you a xook-book.
    You may alao tey to search for that app on XDA (if it was allready discussed)

I know, not much help from this respinse but some general guidelines
    I would bet a small fortune on that is what triggers it. Many other banking and multimedia / DRM protected app is triggered simply by having "linage" in the list of props (build.prop for example). Try this: mount /system read-write and remove a single char from all prop values that contains lineage in it (ex. lineage -> lineag) then reboot and likely it won't be triggered anymore. It will break the OTA process since the updater will not detect the build properly.. many banking apps are triggered like this (when using crDroid, LineageOS, etc..) and some of these apps are triggered by simpl using Xiaomi.EU for sure (but eliminating every xiaomieu and xiaomi.eu will cause an unbootable state - at least according to my experiments.. YMMV)..
    You're GREAT!!

Thanks a lot!

It's NOT necessary to change all lineage strings!

It just ONLY looks in build.prop for the existence of "ro.lineage.build.version". If the name of this prop is changed to "ro.whateveryouwant.build.version", then Payback works again.

Thanks a lot again.

samhhmobil
    (3) Same device: unlocked bootloader, CustomRom (LineageOS 17/18/19 or 20), NOT rooted, nothing else installed, and: Payback does NOT work.
    You can try the following - to avoid possibly breaking OTA

If you eg use Systemless hosts, then go to its folder (by root explorer like MixPlorer):
    /data/adb/modules/hosts

And create there a file:
    system.prop

containing:
    ro.lineage.build.version=

Reboot, and the given prop shall be systemlessly removed (unless the ROM enforces the prop only after booting is completed)

When you want to do OTA, rename that system.prop to eg system.bak and reboot - you will again have the original ROMs prop(s)

You can similarly (miss)use any other module's folder and if it already has the system.prop, just add your lines in and reboot
    @zgfg

Nice try, but... it doesn't work.

It creates an empty prop "ro.lineage.build.version“, but the prop itself exists.

And payback does not check the value of that prop, but checks if it exists.

So, renaming it in build.prop seems to be the safe way.

samhhmobil
    This is a discussion and help thread for the newer versions of Magisk.

The main goal of this thread is to help users migrate to Magisk v24+
    • SafetyNet
      Basic integrity Pass
      CTS profile match Pass
    • Play Protect certification
      Device is certified

Feel free to discuss or give links to other Magisk related issues.
    Fixes for gPay, banking apps and/or other apps and games that detect a 'compromised' Android system.
    Please try to restrain from discussing alternative (unofficial) Magisk builds that include changes that were removed or can not be included in the official Magisk builds. 🙃

Please read John's State of Magisk (medium.com)

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23010) canary builds.
    • MagiskHide is removed.
      MagiskHide masked the sensitive properties of the device to hide it from SafetyNet.
      Renaming (repackaging) the Magisk app is/was not part of MagiskHide.
      You still have the option to Hide the Magisk app under setting.​
    • Magisk Module online Repo is removed.
      The Magisk Module online Repo is still available and can be accessed outside of the Magisk app.​
    • Everything SafetyNet is removed.
      This includes the SafetyNet check that was incorporated into the Magisk app.​
    • Zygisk is introduced.
      Zygote + Magisk = Zygisk​
    • The Deny list replaces the Hide list.
      The Hide list (more or less) hid Magisk from the process on the list.
      The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.​

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23017) canary builds.
    • Magisk supports update channels per module.
      Each module can include it's own update link.​
    • Hide Magisk offline.
      You do not need internet connection to rename (repackage) the Magisk app.​

What does this mean?
    Not much.
    It is just the next step in Magisk's development.
    Zygisk is a big step forward. ;)

Even before these changes in Magisk, the xda family and the Android community have always been active and willing to share. :D

Jump to Post

This is post will be updated once Magisk v24 is released.
    Magisk
    The Magic Mask for Android.

Magisk Links:
    GitHub
    Release Notes

Download Links:
    Stable and Beta releases.
    Canary
    • GitHub
      The notes.md file is the change log.
      The app-debug.apk is Magisk canary.
      Click on app-debug.apk and choose View Raw or click on the Download option.​

Credits:
    topjohnwu
    All who contribute and support this project.
    Modules

MagiskHide Props Config
    This module allows you to add, change and adjust prop values systemlessly using Magisk.​

MagiskHide Props Config Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Didgeridoohan

Universal SafetyNet Fix
    It has been a year now since kdrag0n figured out how to 'trick' SafetyNet.
    This 'trick' has been implemented properly into quite a few custom roms.
    For custom roms that do not include it and/or stock roms, he turned it into a module.​

Universal SafetyNet Fix Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    kdrag0n
    Apps

Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    This app allows you to manage and install Magisk modules.
    Including from an online repo.​

Fox's Magisk Module Manager Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Fox2Code

Play Intergrity API Checker
    This app shows info about your device integrity as reported by Google Play Services.
    If any of this fails could mean your device is rooted or tampered in a way (for example you have an unlocked bootloader).​

Development:

Download Links:

Credits:
    1nikolas

YASNAC - Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker
    YASNAC (short for Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker) is an Android app that demonstrates SafetyNet Attestation API.​

YASNAC Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    RikkaW
    Force Basic Attestation

Newer devices are designed to support hardware attestation.
    Currently there is no way to hide the sensitive device properties when checked using hardware attestation.​

To get around this, kdrag0n figured out how trick SafetyNet that the device does not support hardware attestation.
    SafetyNet will then fall back to check using basic attestation.

Note:
    This method will work for devices that support hardware attestation and devices that do not.
    • Enable Zygisk.
    • Install the USNF module.
    • Reboot

To keep posts short, the instructions are hid by spoiler tags.
    If you have not installed Magisk.
    Follow the installation link in the Magisk post.​

Download the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.
    Download link is in the Modules post.​

1. Enable Zygisk
      • Open the Magisk app.
      • Go to Settings.
      • Scroll down to the Magisk section.
      • Toggle Zygisk on.
      • Go back to the Magisk Home screen.
    2. Go to Modules.
      • Select Install from storage.
      • Navigate to the Universal SafetyNet Fix module zip file and select it.
    3. Reboot.

The USNF module will adjust the sensitive props that are needed to pass SafetyNet.
    Depending on the device and system (ROM) configuration, you might need to adjust a few more.
    See the Adjust Prop values post.​