[Discussion] Magisk - The Age of Zygisk.

Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
[ ... ] Read Permissive ROM = experimental, insecure, half-baked ROM not fit for daily use [ ... ]
Actually, that is perfectly fit for my own daily use, and I doubt that I'm the only person who has this preference.

I want to be able to turn permissive mode on and off as part of my own ROM usage, depending upon the tasks I want to perform and the software I wish to run. In the past, I was able to do this in one or more ROMs, and there was nothing half-baked about my user experience.

I'm willing to take the associated risks, and I don't want to be paternally "protected" against those things against my will. Again, I'm sure I'm not the only Android user who feels this way.

pndwal

Yes, I would just like to find such a ROM. But as I understand it, at the moment there are no such ones on s8+.(
Or I didn't search well.

This is the problem, that I plan to use banking applications. And it's a matter of honor to bring everything to perfect condition. :D
But apparently on this phone it will not work. Now I will try to do it on google pixel...

That is the problem. Official LOS is not available for my device. :D
What about debloated stock?... Plenty of guides for that... PW

pndwal

[ ... ] Read Permissive ROM = experimental, insecure, half-baked ROM not fit for daily use [ ... ]
Actually, that is perfectly fit for my own daily use, and I doubt that I'm the only person who has this preference.
But it's NOT a preference! ... It's a fact!

... I know you're no noob, but you may be developing a knack for confusing issues mate! 😜

FWIW, John's technical explanation on Reddit: SELinux Permissive ROMs/Kernels are VERY BAD

I want to be able to turn permissive mode on and off as part of my own ROM usage, depending upon the tasks I want to perform and the software I wish to run. In the past, I was able to do this in one or more ROMs, and there was nothing half-baked about my user experience.
So you're talking about something completely different!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2P86C-1x3o

... That's NOT a permissive ROM!... That's likely a perfectly stable SE enforcing ROM that you choose to disable 'enhanced security' on... And that's your business...

Like the ROM discussed here, many find the simply cannot switch a permissive ROM to SE enforcing w/o breaking stuff... cos it's still half baked/not properly implemented... BUT permissive just breaks security in exchange for accessing ROM functions that simply won't work as they should...

... Bit like the builder in such a rush to list a house on the market that he hasn't fixed the doors that jam on their jambs... So he says "oh well... Who needs doors?"... And then someone buys it!... And they think "what a bargain!"... And they sleep soundly... Cos they got a bargain... Who needs doors, right? 😝

However here's something more those switching even stable enforcing ROMs to permissive might want to to consider:
https://www.xda-developers.com/permissive-selinux-dangers-exploits/
I'm willing to take the associated risks, and I don't want to be paternally "protected" against those things against my will. Again, I'm sure I'm not the only Android user who feels this way.
Sure you're not... Point is, You don't need a permissive ROM to do that...

And of course ROM/Kernel Devs do that all the time to test fixes (you'll appreciate @arter97's response to this
www.twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1194574073017167877
if you know who he is...), but it's actually far more likely that switching between modes will simply work on an enforcing ROM...

Thing is, it may be fine to leave your doors open while you're home and awake... But would you be happy with no doors when you go out or Sleep? 😲 ... And really, any builder should put doors on houses he builds... unless it's for the Korowai people of West Papua... or in a gated hippie commune... PW

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
... That's NOT a permissive ROM!... That's likely a perfectly stable SE enforcing ROM that you choose to disable 'enhanced security' on... And that's your business...

Yes, I did confuse the issue. I misread the previous discussion and incorrectly came to the conclusion that it wasn't talking about SE enforcing ROMs per se, but rather, simply the ability to disable SE.

I stand corrected.

Thing is, it may be fine to leave your doors open while you're home and awake... But would you be happy with no doors when you go out or Sleep? 😲 ... And really, any builder should put doors on houses he builds... unless it's for the Korowai people of West Papua... or in a gated hippie commune... PW

As for my actual domicile, I indeed prefer to have doors and windows that can be closed ... and I'm the one who makes the decisions as to when I open or close them.

Likewise, when it comes to my Android device, I want to be the one who can decide when to open and close the doors and windows, and I'm glad and willing to take responsibility for any adverse consequences which might ensue due to faulty judgment.

And in any case, I'm generally more similar to an outdoor camping enthusiast when it comes to my device's security.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pndwal

pndwal

Yes, I did confuse the issue. I misread the previous discussion and incorrectly came to the conclusion that it wasn't talking about SE enforcing ROMs per se, but rather, simply the ability to disable SE.

I stand corrected.

As for my actual domicile, I indeed prefer to have doors and windows that can be closed ... and I'm the one who makes the decisions as to when I open or close them.

Likewise, when it comes to my Android device, I want to be the one who can decide when to open and close the doors and windows,
... So you do prefer an enforcing ROM. 👍 (Of course only permissive ROMs = house sold with no doors in openings, or at least no back door; generally they simply can't run enforcing, at least without breaking important functions...)
and I'm glad and willing to take responsibility for any adverse consequences which might ensue due to faulty judgment.
Sure... You want a secure ROM that can be un-securred...
And in any case, I'm generally more similar to an outdoor camping enthusiast when it comes to my device's security.
My case too!... But I still want a house that hasn't been trashed to return to when I'm done camping! 😜 PW

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
... So you do prefer an enforcing ROM. 👍 (Of course only permissive ROMs = house sold with no doors in openings, or at least no back door; generally they simply can't run enforcing, at least without breaking important functions...)

Sure... You want a secure ROM that can be un-securred...

My case too!... But I still want a house that hasn't been trashed to return to when I'm done camping! 😜 PW
I don't mind an enforcing ROM as long as I can turn off the enforcement whenever I want to, and as long it doesn't prevent me from doing the things I want with my device, and as long as I don't have to jump through crazy, convoluted, headache-producing hoops in order to do any of those things. My current enforcing ROM is OK in these regards.

However, I probably wouldn't mind a non-enforcing ROM, either.

pndwal

I don't mind an enforcing ROM as long as I can turn off the enforcement whenever I want to, and as long it doesn't prevent me from doing the things I want with my device, and as long as I don't have to jump through crazy, convoluted, headache-producing hoops in order to do any of those things. My current enforcing ROM is OK in these regards.

However, I probably wouldn't mind a non-enforcing ROM, either.
Just need to understand that properly implemented ROMs, ie. enforcing, can generally be switched w/ no dramas (for those happy to take the risks)... 'non-enforcing' (permissive) ROMs are the ones you'll generally have issues with;
they're inherently buggy for starters, and either won't boot w/ enforcing or critical functions will fail... You're usually stuck with permissive (read House with no doors) I'm afraid!...

That's because they are 'experimental, insecure, half-baked and not fit for daily use' as I originally said, and they've generally been set to permissive simply to allow broken stuff to function...

There's really no other good reason for a dev to set permissive... And as experts like John are pointing out, doing this simply to release ROMs is NOT good enough... It may be considered "really bad", "LITERALLY BACKDOORING YOUR USERS!", "dubious", "just shooting at your own foot", "nuking a SIGNIFICANT portion of modern Android's security"...

🙃 PW

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Just need to understand that properly implemented ROMs, ie. enforcing, can generally be switched w/ no dramas (for those happy to take the risks)... 'non-enforcing' (permissive) ROMs are the ones you'll generally have issues with;
they're inherently buggy for starters, and either won't boot w/ enforcing or critical functions will fail... You're usually stuck with permissive (read House with no doors) I'm afraid!...

That's because they are 'experimental, insecure, half-baked and not fit for daily use' as I originally said, and they've generally been set to permissive simply to allow broken stuff to function...

There's really no other good reason for a dev to set permissive... And as experts like John are pointing out, doing this simply to release ROMs is NOT good enough... It may be considered "really bad", "LITERALLY BACKDOORING YOUR USERS!", "dubious", "just shooting at your own foot", "nuking a SIGNIFICANT portion of modern Android's security"...

🙃 PW
Back in the Stone Age, ROMs for Android were released in SE permissive mode. At some point, that changed, and now, the default is to release the ROMs in SE enforcing mode. I never had any problems with those earlier ROMs that were released in permissive mode.

But perhaps with all the changes in Android since those antediluvian days, SE permissive ROMs might now cause failures.

As for me, running a ROM on my device in which "a SIGNIFICANT portion of modern Android's security" has been nuked actually might be a blessing. Of course, that would not be the case if, as you mention, it's not possible in such ROMs to turn SE enforcing ON when desired. In that case, I agree with you that such a ROM would not be desirable.

In other words, if a permissive ROM wouldn't let me change SE to "enforcing" when I choose to do it, then such a ROM would be a "no no" for me. Otherwise, I'm open for such a ROM.

PS: Every linux OS I've ever run on my rooted desktop machine has never had SE enabled. By "rooted", I mean that the "sudo" command and other similar facilities are readily available on my linux box. I'd be perfectly happy for my Android device to have no more built-in security than my desktop box, and for me to be the one to manage the security protocols on these systems.

Last edited:

pndwal

Back in the Stone Age, ROMs for Android were released in SE permissive mode. At some point, that changed, and now, the default is to release the ROMs in SE enforcing mode. I never had any problems with those earlier ROMs that were released in permissive mode.
Many changes/challenges... Originally no AVB or even locked bootloaders, no SafetyNet, Play Protect, Play Integrity checks either, no Widevine DRM, etc etc... An age where we could leave our houses unlocked and our grandma's would sleep on the porch all night when the weather was to hot...
But perhaps with all the changes in Android since those antediluvian days, SE permissive ROMs might now cause failures.
... Well I think you're still refusing to register what I've been trying to tell you (although you may have gotten it subconsciously by now)...

It may be a technicality, but it's an important concept to grasp: SE permissive ROMs don't cause failures (unless by that you mean 'trip device integrity/security detections)... It's the failure of code to run w/ enforcing set that causes Devs to release ROMs set to permissive! ... and such ROMs do this simply because fixing the code either to hard, the ROM is just an amateurish port, or the Dev doesn't care...

These days all Android code is supposed to run with SE enforcing... ROMs aren't meeting protocol (defined clearly/extensively in Google CDD, VSR, VTS and CTS documents) if they don't... In fact you may no longer be able to set permissive on stock ROMs for that reason:
• Caution: Permissive mode is not supported on production devices. CTS tests confirm enforcing mode is enabled.

SELinux enforcement can be disabled via ADB on userdebug or eng builds...
https://source.android.com/docs/security/features/selinux/validate#switching_to_permissive

From the above it is also evident that permissive now breaks ctsProfileMatch at least without spoofing...
As for me, running a ROM on my device in which "a SIGNIFICANT portion of modern Android's security" has been nuked actually might be a blessing. Of course, that would not be the case if, as you mention, it's not possible in such ROMs to turn SE enforcing ON when desired. In that case, I agree with you that such a ROM would not be desirable.

In other words, if a permissive ROM wouldn't let me change SE to "enforcing" when I choose to do it, then such a ROM would be a "no no" for me. Otherwise, I'm open for such a ROM.
So I've been trying to tell you that ability to switch should NOT be your primary concern!... While that may well be possible with some custom permissive ROMs you'll be very lucky to find a ROM set to permissive that doesn't break important functions when set to enforcing!...

Isn't having a stable, functional ROM more important, especially when you can easily set an enforcing (read stable, fully baked ROM with doors, oiled hinges and well aligned locks) custom ROM to permissive if you are bent on doing so?!!

What you want to do doesn't change the fact that custom ROM Devs should NOT be releasing permissive ROMs in the first place...
PS: Every linux OS I've ever run on my rooted desktop machine has never had SE enabled. By "rooted", I mean that the "sudo" command and other similar facilities are readily available on my linux box. I'd be perfectly happy for my Android device to have no more built-in security than my desktop box, and for me to be the one to manage the security protocols on these systems.
I can't sum this up better than Bob, even if you may think he's from an antediluvian era:
😜 PW

Last edited:
Reactions: kt-Froggy

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello, concern with magisk writing in flash memory remains blocked on copyring: systeme.img.lz4.
Do you know the reason for this blocking thank you

modification of the ap for root my s10 firmware A12 G973FOXMGHWA3

solved

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
It may be a technicality, but it's an important concept to grasp: SE permissive ROMs don't cause failures (unless by that you mean 'trip device integrity/security detections)... It's the failure of code to run w/ enforcing set that causes Devs to release ROMs set to permissive! ...

Yes, that's what I meant, and you stated it more clearly than I did when you wrote, "unless by that you mean 'trip device integrity/security detections'". This clarifying distinction doesn't change my point in the least.

Yep, the fact that these times have been a-changin' (Android-wise) is why I prefer to use an older, post-diluvian-but-still-pre-cutting-edge version of Android (A11) with TWRP and with a very pleasingly antiquated version of Magisk (v23.0). And I wouldn't have minded in the least if my ROM happened to have been shipped with permissive SE. In that case, I would accomodate.

The "evolution" of Android's security model and of some of the characteristics of many Android apps and utilities is no more desirable for me than the "evolution" of a number of other trends that is currently taking place in our "modern" world.

Last edited:

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello, LSPosed-v1.8.6-6712-zygisk-release why is there a problem in magisk. error restarts then magisk apk jumps must reflash with odin, is it mandatory to install this module or not if it works with the main ones from magisk.

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hello, LSPosed-v1.8.6-6712-zygisk-release why is there a problem in magisk. error restarts then magisk apk jumps must reflash with odin, is it mandatory to install this module or not if it works with the main ones from magisk.
Explain "error restarts"
Explain "magisk apk jumps"
Explain "it works"
Use separate sentences.

You do not "flash" apk with Odin.

If Magisk app is disappearing: search carefully full app drawer -- maybe app was renamed. If app has really been uninstalled, try to post log file. (Search for @Didgeridoohan HOW-TO)

Reactions: meric57

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Reactions: Lughnasadh

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello sorry about the irritation I explained myself badly as I solved for the root with magisk.
My concern comes from the LSPosed apk version 1.8.6-6712 -zygisk-release .APK when I install it via magisk module I get an error I don't know if I should install the lower version or not.
Also as it asks to restart once restart in magisk.apk no more instalation just the application, so I have to reflash with odin the 4 BL-AP files patched_magisk -CP -and home CSC to find my root.
Just to know whether to install LSPosed or not.
I hope it's clearer for sure

attempt to install LSPosed v 1.8.4 zygisk see screenshot
On the magisk interface as soon as I restart my s10 I find myself without root see screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130_144602.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_144602.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230130_150401.jpg
    Screenshot_20230130_150401.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello sorry about the irritation I explained myself badly as I solved for the root with magisk.
My concern comes from the LSPosed apk version 1.8.6-6712 -zygisk-release .APK when I install it via magisk module I get an error I don't know if I should install the lower version or not.
Also as it asks to restart once restart in magisk.apk no more instalation just the application, so I have to reflash with odin the 4 BL-AP files patched_magisk -CP -and home CSC to find my root.
Just to know whether to install LSPosed or not.
I hope it's clearer for sure

attempt to install LSPosed v 1.8.4 zygisk see screenshot
I don't know about the APK version of Zygisk-LSposed installation?
Pls provide the link where you downloaded and the file name (with extension)

Anyway, if it is really APK file then you have to install as any other APK file - by application installer, not through Magisk app

I use Zygisk LSPosed, downloaded from below, Zygisk_-_LSPosed-v1.8.6(6712).zip and that one (zip) has to be installed through the Magisk app:

Also, for Zygisk module, Zygisk must be enabled but on your screenshot it looks like not enabled.
Make sure you do not use Riru, since Riru is not compatible with Zygisk

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Bonjour zgfg, sur le même site que vous avez mis sur github, magisk installe également zigisk avant d'installer le module LSPosed. APK du même site.

at least as I am winrar by default is 7zip not by default, as you can see on screenshot error these when I launch the installation in magisk

Attachments

• LSPosed-v1.8.6-6712-zygisk-release.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Bonjour zgfg, sur le même site que vous avez mis sur github, magisk installe également zigisk avant d'installer le module LSPosed. APK du même site.

at least as I am winrar by default is 7zip not by default, as you can see on screenshot error these when I launch the installation in magisk
I don't understand what are you doing

You are not supposed to unzip and look for the apk file - you have to install the zip file as downloaded

See the screenshots if not familiar how to install a Magisk module

Attachments

• IMG_20230130_170934.jpg
    IMG_20230130_170934.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2023-01-30-17-06-14-168_io.github.huskydg.magisk-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-17-06-14-168_io.github.huskydg.magisk-edit.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230130_171400.jpg
    IMG_20230130_171400.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2023-01-30-16-31-01-075_io.github.huskydg.magisk-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-16-31-01-075_io.github.huskydg.magisk-edit.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would bet a small fortune on that is what triggers it. Many other banking and multimedia / DRM protected app is triggered simply by having "linage" in the list of props (build.prop for example). Try this: mount /system read-write and remove a single char from all prop values that contains lineage in it (ex. lineage -> lineag) then reboot and likely it won't be triggered anymore. It will break the OTA process since the updater will not detect the build properly.. many banking apps are triggered like this (when using crDroid, LineageOS, etc..) and some of these apps are triggered by simpl using Xiaomi.EU for sure (but eliminating every xiaomieu and xiaomi.eu will cause an unbootable state - at least according to my experiments.. YMMV)..
    You can try the following - to avoid possibly breaking OTA

If you eg use Systemless hosts, then go to its folder (by root explorer like MixPlorer):
    /data/adb/modules/hosts

And create there a file:
    system.prop

containing:
    ro.lineage.build.version=

Reboot, and the given prop shall be systemlessly removed (unless the ROM enforces the prop only after booting is completed)

When you want to do OTA, rename that system.prop to eg system.bak and reboot - you will again have the original ROMs prop(s)

You can similarly (miss)use any other module's folder and if it already has the system.prop, just add your lines in and reboot
    Can someone try this app and see if it works?

My set up is currently this and it still doesn't work. Magisk alpha + zygisk enabled + Denylist +lsposed
    I don't know for your particular app, but if you want help you need to share more info - like did you put that app to DenyList, what is your phone, ROM, Android version...

Moreover, if you use LSPosed, you probably have also one or more LSPosed modules. Which ones?

Also, to hide LSPosed modules you usually need to use HMA to hide them. So, do you do that and how (screenshots)?
    If not familiar with HMA, please scroll back/search theough the older posts

Banking apps don't rely only on Pčay Integrity / Safety Net, but they usuallly apply other detection methids. To help yourself you would need to test with detectors like TBChecker, Ruru, SBCheck, even Momo and try to do your best to pass them (Momo will probably alsways detect something, at least unlocked BL).
    Wjen you succeded with that, then apply sane hiding trchniques to themparticulat banking app

Unless you stumble to somebody using that exact app (Pkaystore says that app is not available worldwide to download and test) and to give you a xook-book.
    You may alao tey to search for that app on XDA (if it was allready discussed)

I know, not much help from this respinse but some general guidelines
    I would bet a small fortune on that is what triggers it. Many other banking and multimedia / DRM protected app is triggered simply by having "linage" in the list of props (build.prop for example). Try this: mount /system read-write and remove a single char from all prop values that contains lineage in it (ex. lineage -> lineag) then reboot and likely it won't be triggered anymore. It will break the OTA process since the updater will not detect the build properly.. many banking apps are triggered like this (when using crDroid, LineageOS, etc..) and some of these apps are triggered by simpl using Xiaomi.EU for sure (but eliminating every xiaomieu and xiaomi.eu will cause an unbootable state - at least according to my experiments.. YMMV)..
    You're GREAT!!

Thanks a lot!

It's NOT necessary to change all lineage strings!

It just ONLY looks in build.prop for the existence of "ro.lineage.build.version". If the name of this prop is changed to "ro.whateveryouwant.build.version", then Payback works again.

Thanks a lot again.

samhhmobil
    (3) Same device: unlocked bootloader, CustomRom (LineageOS 17/18/19 or 20), NOT rooted, nothing else installed, and: Payback does NOT work.
    Nice enhanced fork of fork of @huskydg module!...

Of course these are original TJW MagiskHide sensitive prop adjustments + more...

From your readme.md:
    ... this module dynamically gets system props from the device and patches them to change userdebug to user and test-keys to release-keys.

Additionally, this module removes all LineageOS specific props, to prevent apps from identifying it by using them.
    (Seems Update README.md hasn't properly updated your sensitive_props main page however?)

👍 PW
    This is a discussion and help thread for the newer versions of Magisk.

The main goal of this thread is to help users migrate to Magisk v24+
    • SafetyNet
      Basic integrity Pass
      CTS profile match Pass
    • Play Protect certification
      Device is certified

Feel free to discuss or give links to other Magisk related issues.
    Fixes for gPay, banking apps and/or other apps and games that detect a 'compromised' Android system.
    Please try to restrain from discussing alternative (unofficial) Magisk builds that include changes that were removed or can not be included in the official Magisk builds. 🙃

Please read John's State of Magisk (medium.com)

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23010) canary builds.
    • MagiskHide is removed.
      MagiskHide masked the sensitive properties of the device to hide it from SafetyNet.
      Renaming (repackaging) the Magisk app is/was not part of MagiskHide.
      You still have the option to Hide the Magisk app under setting.​
    • Magisk Module online Repo is removed.
      The Magisk Module online Repo is still available and can be accessed outside of the Magisk app.​
    • Everything SafetyNet is removed.
      This includes the SafetyNet check that was incorporated into the Magisk app.​
    • Zygisk is introduced.
      Zygote + Magisk = Zygisk​
    • The Deny list replaces the Hide list.
      The Hide list (more or less) hid Magisk from the process on the list.
      The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.​

Starting with the Magisk 23 (23017) canary builds.
    • Magisk supports update channels per module.
      Each module can include it's own update link.​
    • Hide Magisk offline.
      You do not need internet connection to rename (repackage) the Magisk app.​

What does this mean?
    Not much.
    It is just the next step in Magisk's development.
    Zygisk is a big step forward. ;)

Even before these changes in Magisk, the xda family and the Android community have always been active and willing to share. :D

Jump to Post

This is post will be updated once Magisk v24 is released.
    Magisk
    The Magic Mask for Android.

Magisk Links:
    GitHub
    Release Notes

Download Links:
    Stable and Beta releases.
    Canary
    • GitHub
      The notes.md file is the change log.
      The app-debug.apk is Magisk canary.
      Click on app-debug.apk and choose View Raw or click on the Download option.​

Credits:
    topjohnwu
    All who contribute and support this project.
    Modules

MagiskHide Props Config
    This module allows you to add, change and adjust prop values systemlessly using Magisk.​

MagiskHide Props Config Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Didgeridoohan

Universal SafetyNet Fix
    It has been a year now since kdrag0n figured out how to 'trick' SafetyNet.
    This 'trick' has been implemented properly into quite a few custom roms.
    For custom roms that do not include it and/or stock roms, he turned it into a module.​

Universal SafetyNet Fix Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    kdrag0n
    Apps

Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    This app allows you to manage and install Magisk modules.
    Including from an online repo.​

Fox's Magisk Module Manager Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    Fox2Code

Play Intergrity API Checker
    This app shows info about your device integrity as reported by Google Play Services.
    If any of this fails could mean your device is rooted or tampered in a way (for example you have an unlocked bootloader).​

Development:

Download Links:

Credits:
    1nikolas

YASNAC - Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker
    YASNAC (short for Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker) is an Android app that demonstrates SafetyNet Attestation API.​

YASNAC Links:

Download Links:

Credits:
    RikkaW
    Force Basic Attestation

Newer devices are designed to support hardware attestation.
    Currently there is no way to hide the sensitive device properties when checked using hardware attestation.​

To get around this, kdrag0n figured out how trick SafetyNet that the device does not support hardware attestation.
    SafetyNet will then fall back to check using basic attestation.

Note:
    This method will work for devices that support hardware attestation and devices that do not.
    • Enable Zygisk.
    • Install the USNF module.
    • Reboot

To keep posts short, the instructions are hid by spoiler tags.
    If you have not installed Magisk.
    Follow the installation link in the Magisk post.​

Download the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.
    Download link is in the Modules post.​

1. Enable Zygisk
      • Open the Magisk app.
      • Go to Settings.
      • Scroll down to the Magisk section.
      • Toggle Zygisk on.
      • Go back to the Magisk Home screen.
    2. Go to Modules.
      • Select Install from storage.
      • Navigate to the Universal SafetyNet Fix module zip file and select it.
    3. Reboot.

The USNF module will adjust the sensitive props that are needed to pass SafetyNet.
    Depending on the device and system (ROM) configuration, you might need to adjust a few more.
    See the Adjust Prop values post.​