[Discussion] Mario Kart Tour + Magisk Discussion Thread

Search This thread

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Hello Mario Kart Tour gamers,

I like this game very much and play it nearly from the beginning.
But from update to update it gets harder to hide Mario Kart from root :(
Now, it does not work at all, therefore I must currently play it on my old Samsung Galaxy S5 running
stock Android 6.0.1 unrooted..

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 running latest modified Stock Rom (Android 9.0) because I did not upgrade to Android 10 yet.
I use latest Magisk canary debug build (20406), TWRP 3.3.1 and EdXposed also latest canary build.
With Magisk Hide I hide Google Play Services, Services Framework, Google Play Games and Mario Kart Tour,
I also hide the Magisk Manager app and use Busybox for Android NDK module by @osm0sis instead of the built in busybox.

In EdXposed I also installed the HiddenCore Module but this only shows me that I pass safety net, in reality this module is a piece of crap
and has no effect at all..
in RootbeerFresh it says that everything is ok and I am not rooted but in MagiskManager ctsProfile and basicIntegrity is red and Safetynet Check fails, even after uninstalling EdXposed completely..

I guess because of this Mario Kart Tour is not working anymore.
Till today the App crashes while loading everytime I opened it, then I digged a bit deeper and found out that I also had to delete the TWRP folder on internal SD and after that Mario Kart tour DID NOT CRASH anymore while loading, the content (500MB) was downloaded without any issue but now I have another issue, the game does not load, I get "An error occured - Support-Code 806-6502" and the app crashes again.

When I search for this error I did not find a lot but here:
https://github.com/knobse/Mario-Kart-Tour/wiki/Error-Codes

it says something with Safetynet and that would fit because Safetynet is currently broken.

Any ideas if there is anything I can do or does Mario Kart maybe recognises unlocked bootloader?
It definetly checks if Safetynet is okay or not and when it it no good Mario Kart does not work at all..

regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-154830_RootbeerFresh.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-154830_RootbeerFresh.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,621
  • Screenshot_20200423-154842.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-154842.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Screenshot_20200423-154852.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-154852.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 1,630

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
SafetyNet failing both checks might be because of one of your modules. A few are known to cause this, like Safetypatcher, FDE.AI and EdXposed (unless you run the current Canary release of EdXposed, v0.4.6.3 I think).

If it's not that you can try clearing the cache for Play Services. That's been known to fix SafetyNet failures recently.

Reactions: j1gga84

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
OMG wiping cache of Google Play Services did the trick, many thanks :)
Now I try to install EdXposed again and see if securitynet still is ok.
If not I will live without it in the future..

Edit:
It is also working with the latest EdXposed Canary build, many thanks for your support.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G960F with Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RicSjo

Lw00d

May 18, 2009
LA Baby!!!
i can not get MKT to work after doing pixel 3 XL June update.
im using magisk manager 7.5.1,
safetyNet check success , crsprofile: true, basicintgrity: true
the latest magiskhide props config v5.2.6-v93
latest busybox NDK 1.31.1
Magisk Hide
MKT
google play services
is there something else im missing? to make MKT to work.

EDIT:: got fix. after installing YT Venced. i dont know how.

Last edited:

dmbtech

Mar 18, 2010
Morristown, New Jersey
Any of you having issues with MKT after upgrading to android 11? Everything was working fine until I switches to Android 11 + Canary magisk, game launches, everything seems fine, then it just completely freezes like 20 seconds into gameplay while audio continues, have to kill it each time. Not sure if its android 11 that is breaking it, or Magisk canary, but havn't read any reports of the app being broken in android 11. This is on Pixel 4XL + Android 11 + Magisk Canary latest.

sun_is_shinning

Jul 13, 2016
Valongo
Just found a way that is more simple and works for every "root-prof" app to run almost every app that detects root.

Requirements:
- Android 8.0+
- TWRP installed
- Magisk 20.4 beta zip
- Latest Magisk Manager apk
- safetynet-fix-1.1.0 zip (link bellow or download the attachement from thread)
- Patience (just kiddin)

Safetynet fix zip link: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v1.1.1/safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip

You need to do the exact things at this order:

1: Install Magisk 20.4 beta zip in TWRP;
2: Reboot into system;
3: Go to Magisk and update the manager only (not magisk);
4: Reboot;
5: Open Magisk Manager and in the first page on the top right click on settings, scroll down and enable MagiskHide, give another name to the magisk like "Honolulu" or something (i give that name, i know is not related but, pointless);
6: Reboot;
7: Go to main screen of Magisk and check if you have the random name like md5 checksum type in "installed" line bellow magisk title in blue, and within "( )" in front saying (21405) - thats the version you need to have, and if you dont see the 4 icons from the app menu's in the middle bottom of the app like "home, root, registry, modules" - if you dont see that 4 icons tab go ahead above the page and click on "install" (in front of Magisk title in blue) chose the recomended and let it flash inside the app;
8: Reboot;
9: Go to Magisk again and go to second icon from left to right at bottom, chose the "MagiskHide" and a list of apps just pop, enable the "mario kart" and "google services" there;
10: Again go to the main screen of magisk, click on "Check SafetyNet" - it should now say Sucess, and have 2 checks and evalType BASIC all inside a blue square.
11: Go to settings of your phone and clear cache + clear data from Mario Kart and Google Services app.
12: Open magisk again and go to 4th ícon bellow at right and then select "install from storage" and find the safetynet fix 1.1.0 zip and flash it;
13: Reboot;
14: Go to your file manager and at root of your internal memory and sd card and check the TWRP folder - if the folder is empty just delete it, if you have backups from TWRP inside, just rename it.

DONE! Now you can play Mario Kart, use McDonalds app and other app's that detect root (just enable them inside magisk to hide it, otherwise it wont work).

Attachments

• safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip
    705.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Just found a way that is more simple and works for every "root-prof" app to run almost every app that detects root.

Requirements:
- Android 8.0+
- TWRP installed
- Magisk 20.4 beta zip
- Patience (just kiddin)

Safetynet fix zip link: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v1.1.1/safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip

5: Open Magisk Manager and in the first page on the top right click on settings, scroll down and enable MagiskHide, give another name to the magisk like "Honolulu" or something (i give that name, i know is not related but, pointless);
7: Go to main screen of Magisk and check if you have the random name like md5 checksum type in "installed" line bellow magisk title in blue, and within "( )" in front saying (21405) - thats the version you need to have, and if you dont see the 4 icons from the app menu's in the middle bottom of the app like "home, root, registry, modules" - if you dont see that 4 icons tab go ahead above the page and click on "install" (in front of Magisk title in blue) chose the recomended and let it flash inside the app;
9: Go to Magisk again and go to second icon from left to right at bottom, chose the "MagiskHide" and a list of apps just pop, enable the "mario kart" and "google services" there;
10: Again go to the main screen of magisk, click on "Check SafetyNet" - it should now say Sucess, and have 2 checks and evalType BASIC all inside a blue square.
11: Go to settings of your phone and clear cache + clear data from Mario Kart and Google Services app.
12: Open magisk again and go to 4th ícon bellow at right and then select "install from storage" and find the safetynet fix 1.1.0 zip and flash it;
14: Go to your file manager and at root of your internal memory and sd card and check the TWRP folder - if the folder is empty just delete it, if you have backups from TWRP inside, just rename it.

DONE! Now you can play Mario Kart, use McDonalds app and other app's that detect root (just enable them inside magisk to hide it, otherwise it wont work).
And if you have a Samsung device and problems with not working fingerprint there is a Samsung mod inside this thread, working without any issues here.

Regards

Jan 21, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi Poco F3

Requirements:
- Android 8.0+
- TWRP installed
- Magisk 20.4 beta zip
- Patience (just kiddin)

Wao !! this really worked! I use miui 12 with android 11 and I always had to reset the rom to play this game, but with your solution it worked for me, thank you very much!

Macxsico

Mar 9, 2013
Distrito Federal

Requirements:
- Android 8.0+
- TWRP installed
- Magisk 20.4 beta zip
- Patience (just kiddin)

hey friend, ¿can you make a video with the process please? i try make but i dont cant.

Macxsico

Mar 9, 2013
Distrito Federal
I fix the game thanks friend, I run the game with the next files..
the instruccions are: (sorry for my english)

1.- Install the Magisk Zip 21.4
2.- Install the app MagiskManager 8.0.7
3.-Install busybox module, magiskhide props
4.-Restart phone
5..- open terminal and write
su
props
.... and set your fingerprint
6.- restart the phone
7.- in the magisk manager you need activate the magiskhide and set google services and mario kart tour
8.- open magisk manager and install the module safetynet v1.1.1
9.- restart phone
10. detele the folder "twrp" in all's storage (internal and external) if have a backup renamed it.
11.- check de safety status before to run the game in the main app.
the blue screen with the text "Success" should be displayed
12.- run the game

NOTE: dont forget clear cache and data app (google services and mario kart) before to run the game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-113517744.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-113517744.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_20210308-113544990.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-113544990.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 266
  • MagiskManager-v8.0.7.apk
    3 MB · Views: 148
  • safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip
    705.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Magisk-v21.4.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 96
  • Busybox_for_Android_NDK-1.31.1(13122).zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 161
  • MagiskHide_Props_Config-v5.4.0-v115(68).zip
    86.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

djmarkm

Aug 21, 2013
Coventry
As of yesterday (Sunday 17t Oct 2021) I now get an error 806-6502 when launching the game.
Checking the error online I find it either means Safetynet failed or app downloaded from 3rd party store (ie aptoid).
I'm using a rooted Oneplus 8 pro, Android 11 (oos 11.0.8.8) and Magsk canary 23001)

The Magik app shows Safetynet pass and I have uninstalled the MK app and reinstalled from Google play but still get the 6502 error. (Obvs the MK app is in the MagiskHide list)

Does anyone have any ideas? Obviously something has changed yesterday as I play this every day :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    - Android 8.0+
    - TWRP installed
    - Magisk 20.4 beta zip
    - Patience (just kiddin)

I fix the game thanks friend, I run the game with the next files..
    the instruccions are: (sorry for my english)

1.- Install the Magisk Zip 21.4
    2.- Install the app MagiskManager 8.0.7
    3.-Install busybox module, magiskhide props
    4.-Restart phone
    5..- open terminal and write
    su
    props
    .... and set your fingerprint
    6.- restart the phone
    7.- in the magisk manager you need activate the magiskhide and set google services and mario kart tour
    8.- open magisk manager and install the module safetynet v1.1.1
    9.- restart phone
    10. detele the folder "twrp" in all's storage (internal and external) if have a backup renamed it.
    11.- check de safety status before to run the game in the main app.
    the blue screen with the text "Success" should be displayed
    12.- run the game

NOTE: dont forget clear cache and data app (google services and mario kart) before to run the game
    SafetyNet failing both checks might be because of one of your modules. A few are known to cause this, like Safetypatcher, FDE.AI and EdXposed (unless you run the current Canary release of EdXposed, v0.4.6.3 I think).

If it's not that you can try clearing the cache for Play Services. That's been known to fix SafetyNet failures recently.
    OMG wiping cache of Google Play Services did the trick, many thanks :)
    Now I try to install EdXposed again and see if securitynet still is ok.
    If not I will live without it in the future..

Edit:
    It is also working with the latest EdXposed Canary build, many thanks for your support.

Regards

Sent from my SM-G960F with Tapatalk
    .. with an existing "twrp"-folder on internal storage the game could crash too ..