[Discussion] [News] [Help] [Tips & Tricks] [F800L/K/S] Korean Variants

Search This thread

xcl0udx

Feb 17, 2017
Hồ Chí Minh
This seems working on F800L20E. Now we have F800L20i, can we just flash system image of 20i to preserve root and have 20i running instead of 20E?
u can update using partition DL, flash everything exclude boot, aboot, aboot bak, recovery, recovery bak, then reboot wait for the setup finish and you may need going to recovery and do factory reset to make the phone running smooth (all the app be wiped)

ardian1899

Oct 26, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
Actually I've flash the system only and it's working, Im running it on 20i now. But not really smooth. I think I'll test your method.

u can update using partition DL, flash everything exclude boot, aboot, aboot bak, recovery, recovery bak, then reboot wait for the setup finish and you may need going to recovery and do factory reset to make the phone running smooth (all the app be wiped)

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Serious issue - I was going along just fine on Oreo with Magisk root but my cellar signal has stopped working where it had been working very well. I get 'service disabled' message. I had been messing around with kernels and stuff so I though I'd screwed up somehow so I thought I'd start over again and flash Nougat. I did a Partition DL using LGUP patched. To my horror this didn't fix the problem. I would have though the flashing KDZ would have completely reverted the phone to stock with working radio signals but maybe it does not. I can still see my imei in the settings menu. I am slightly worried my imei maybe be blacklisted too as I bought it off ebay.

I did do a dump using LGUP, I wounder if this could be any use i.e to reflash something like the modem files. Anyone know exactly how to do that or if it would be of any use. In the meantime I'll have to find out if I'm imei blacklisted but I'm not convinced that is the issue.

gandyprakoso

Oct 22, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Serious issue - I was going along just fine on Oreo with Magisk root but my cellar signal has stopped working where it had been working very well. I get 'service disabled' message. I had been messing around with kernels and stuff so I though I'd screwed up somehow so I thought I'd start over again and flash Nougat. I did a Partition DL using LGUP patched. To my horror this didn't fix the problem. I would have though the flashing KDZ would have completely reverted the phone to stock with working radio signals but maybe it does not. I can still see my imei in the settings menu. I am slightly worried my imei maybe be blacklisted too as I bought it off ebay.

I did do a dump using LGUP, I wounder if this could be any use i.e to reflash something like the modem files. Anyone know exactly how to do that or if it would be of any use. In the meantime I'll have to find out if I'm imei blacklisted but I'm not convinced that is the issue.

Did you try reflash stock KDZ from begining using LGUP?
I think reflash nougat from beginning will fix it..
-------
When you upgrade from nougat into oreo and you dont want to losing root, make sure select Partition DL in LGUP and untick: recovery, recoverybak, aboot and abootbak

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Hi can someone help me to root F800s? I followed everything in step 4 but it doesnt boot

Try to follow this tutorial very carefully..

Its basicly dirtysanta method, but from all the tutorial that i ever tried thats the only one that works for my F800L, and i think it will work with your F800S as well..

Hope its help

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Does anyone have the super rom file for f800l that they can upload . I cant download it from there website.
Theres no Super rom that support F800L.
Try flash WETA ROM for VS955 (verizon).
It will work just fine in F800L..
the cons is 3G not working, but 4G and WiFI working fine.

Reactions: onoakino

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
@gandyprakoso, I think it's a hardware fault as the signal randomly came back. Not a big deal really as I paid peanuts for it and I intended to use it at home on wifi anyway and use it to drive my Sennheiser HD650 headphones, which it does very satisfactorily I have to say. I still quite like my G5 as my daily driver for the time being.

But anyway as I reset because of the issue I was having I had to dirtysanta all over again. This time I'm having problems. I can't get passed after Twrp install. When I flash Schwifty kernel from Twrp as recommended in the OP and reboot I get a screen saying "Secure start up" and asking me to enter a pin. I never seen this screen on any device before. It's happened to me twice now so I've given up for the time being but Ill try again. I might have done something wrong in my haste. I might try a different kernel next time but I'm not sure which one would work without problems.

gandyprakoso

Oct 22, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
@gandyprakoso, I think it's a hardware fault as the signal randomly came back. Not a big deal really as I paid peanuts for it and I intended to use it at home on wifi anyway and use it to drive my Sennheiser HD650 headphones, which it does very satisfactorily I have to say. I still quite like my G5 as my daily driver for the time being.

But anyway as I reset because of the issue I was having I had to dirtysanta all over again. This time I'm having problems. I can't get passed after Twrp install. When I flash Schwifty kernel from Twrp as recommended in the OP and reboot I get a screen saying "Secure start up" and asking me to enter a pin. I never seen this screen on any device before. It's happened to me twice now so I've given up for the time being but Ill try again. I might have done something wrong in my haste. I might try a different kernel next time but I'm not sure which one would work without problems.

The secure startup problem will be fixed with formatting data in twrp.
And for the kernel, try mk2000.. but make sure you downloaded latest version and version that match with your installed rom..

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
The secure startup problem will be fixed with formatting data in twrp.
And for the kernel, try mk2000.. but make sure you downloaded latest version and version that match with your installed rom..

I found out the mistake I was making. I didn't use the recommend twrp version, i was using the updated f800l twrp for oreo. Silly me. Should have been using us995 twrp as stated in the OP. Back on Oreo rooted now at last.

Last edited:

Deadmeat03

Jun 3, 2018
Sydney
Did you try reflash stock KDZ from begining using LGUP?
[/COLOR]
Theres no Super rom that support F800L.
Try flash WETA ROM for VS955 (verizon).
It will work just fine in F800L..
the cons is 3G not working, but 4G and WiFI working fine.
I was wondering if i could flash modem files from h990ds au to my f800l. Sometimes i cant make or recive any calls even with full signal. It only started happening recently. BTW i am on stock oreo with no root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi can you please tell me how you rooted looked everywhere dont know how to for Oreo. One more thing upon boot does some screen message come of the device being rooted or customized thanks in advance.
    i''m using patched LGUP and partition dl to flash it
    DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
    1. first make a full backup of the current rom with twrp and copy to sdcard, backup all your personal data, make sure you has unlocked bootloader and root your phone with dirty santa method (noobfriendly guide here)
    2. file needed: TWRP 3.2.3-2 for US996 (can be found here), oreo mk2000 beta6 kernel for F800L (almost all variant can found here), lastest magisk or su zip file, oreo kdz and SD card.
    3. copy all these file to sd card.
    4. connect your phone to pc, open patched lg up it should detect your variant, select kdz directory, select PARTITION DL and flash kdz with partition dl mode, uncheck recovery, recoverybak, aboot, abootbak >> after this step reboot your phone, it gonna be unuseable with glitch screen due to missing kernel, only the power button or fingerprint vibrate when pressing.
    5. wait a little bit then turn off the phone by take out the battery, then going to fastboot by hold volume. down + plug usb cable to pc, flash twrp (google for the command), then reboot and take out the battery again to turn off
    6. boot to recovery by hold volume down + press >> hold power then keep hold volume down and quick press power for 5-8 time, the screen gonna show factory reset, select yes twice then it gonna boot to recovery.
    7. doing remove encrypt and root by flash magisk or su from twrp, tutorial can be found in noobfriendly guide in step 1, you might need to repeat all those step twice, format data flash root , reboot recovery then format and flash mk2000 kernel then flash root again to make it working.
    8. clean dalvik cache for safety, and reboot system.
    9. your phone gonna booting up, if it pass throght all LG logo (may take some time, be patient), you are done, if the LG logo keep showing for too long, then you may try boot recovery and repeat all those step.
    sorry if my english not so good.
    Hello fellow XDA members,

Since we Korean users don't have a specific thread for ourselves I have opened a new thread where we can discuss possibilities to make our device awesome.

Feel free to share anything related to our devices including latest security updates, ask for help and possibilities of Custom ROMs.

1) If you want to Unlock your bootloader/Install TWRP & Root F800L/K/S: DirtySanta Bootloader unlock and Root guide (Special thanks to me2151)

Note: DirtySanta only works up-to Dec 2016 security updates. However, if you still want to root then as according to runningnak3d If you have ARB 0 then it is still possible.
    To find your ARB, on the keypad dial: *#LGMENU#*model#
    So for example, F800L: *#LGMENU#*800#

2) Firmware List (If you get new KDZ files for our devices post links here so I can update the list):

LG F800K: F800K10e
    LG F800L: F800L10e
    LG F800S: F800S10e

3) Supported Custom ROMs: WETA ROMs for VS995/ H910/ US996 with F800L (If it works for F800S/K let me know I will update it)
    Known reported Issues in F800L by @karmacoma7: lags when installing apps and 3G stops working (only 2G and LTE works)

Edit 1: If you happen to install DirtySanta, DO NOT install bootimage.img part it gives static screen to our devices. After installing TWRP and formatting data flash Schwifty Kernel (Works in F800L) It will install SuperSU and will give you root. (Device won't have any lags also)
    Thanks @justcosmic appreciate all the info. I might hold off till you do that wright up and I might not order until the new year now on second thoughts as sales are coming up after xmas, so no rush with write up!

I'm just trying to get a working stock V20 with Pie to work in Europe etc with all bands enabled but LOS 18.1 sounds cool too!
    Well here is for now anyway:

Get LGUP Dual Mode and flash Stock Nougat – if you get stuck then just reflash this and start again.

- Unlocking the Bootloader:

1) Copy all the files from inside the "Required Files" (Inside the unzipped "v20-root" folder) and paste it into your active ADB directory. Then copy and paste twrp-3.0.2-1-us996.img to your active ADB directory.

1.1) Enable USB as (sideloading)

1.2) Enable ADB

1.3) Enable OEM bootloader

1.4) Disable 2nd screen [may stop static at least until after TWRP]

2) Install Terminal Emulator [APK from filemanager – or Online]

2.1) Install Jota text editor [ " " ]

3) Plug your device into the computer and verify ADB is working.

3.1)Copy SuperSU onto SD card

Then:

On Windows, double-click "RUNMEFIRST.bat, DO NOT CLOSE THE LOG WINDOW THAT OPENS, [So far never fully works for me]

Then double-click "Step1.bat"

4) Open Up Terminal Emulator
    Type:

Code:

id
    Check if context is "Untrusted_app"

If "Untrusted_app" is d
    1608342109932.png
    isplayed, Continue:

Type into Terminal Emulator: [Or Copy Paste from text file using Jota]

Code:

applypatch /system/bin/atd /storage/emulated/0/dirtysanta
    If it doesn't show up as "Untrusted_app", repeat the above steps from Number 1

5) Watch the RUNMEFIRST dialog for when it tells you to run Step2. Then;

[Never works for me]
    On Windows, double-click "Step2.bat"
    5.1) Manually UpdateADB drivers [If using LG driver to start with – if already using ADB driver then continue]

Once step 2 is completed, you'll be in bootloader, procced to "Flashing TWRP" section to continue.

- Flashing TWRP and Fixing Varient Issues:
    1) Run Step3, so TWRP can be flashed and a working boot.img flashed (Fix's screen problem) by;

On Windows, double-click "Step3.bat" [This will flash TWRP]

2) As soon as it powers off/tries to reboot pull USB cabe and the battery!

Then do factory reset :

[Hold Vol Down button, then press power button: Let goof power button for a second once LG Logo shows, then repress again (continuing to hold volume down). Then use the volume down button to select "Yes" to reset, and again (yes to reset)]

Device should display a red triangle and say corrupt, then it will boot into TWRP.

3)Once in TWRP, Press Cancel on the password prompt and then swipe to allow system modifications.

Do backup if required.
    After the backup is complete, return to the main menu and hit wipe then select ?Format Data?, and follow the instructions there.
    3.1) Go back to main menu and select Reboot-Recovery

Once back in recovery:
    4.1)Flash SuperSU (Don't try Magisk at this stage)
    4.2) Go back to Main-menu > Wipe > [Format Data] > Type ?Yes?
    4.3) Go back to Wipe > Advanced > Check Dalvik, Data and Cache > Slide to wipe

4.31)Mount/system then, go back and navigate to:Advanced/File explorer/System/Priv-app And find the folder that might say, 'findmyphone' or something similar and delete that. That should solve the orange screen problem. Delete it.
    4.4) Go back to Main-menu > Reboot > System

Once you are booted and have proceeded through the setup wizard, re-enable Android Debugging (ADB) if not already enabled.
    Type:

Code:

adb reboot bootloader
    6) Once inside bootloader, Type:

Code:

fastboot flash:raw boot boot2.img [I had to add ":raw" for it to work][This erases/ undoes root] (prob the "raw"bit)
    When it says finished, Type:

Code:

fastboot reboot
    The device will boot back into system.

WARNING:This (the above) is a required step for non sprint users, it prevents background crashes and fix's battery drain. If you do NOT follow this then the device will have bad battery life, be laggy and crashes will occur regularly.

7) Once full booted back into android, Type;

Code:

adb reboot recovery
    8) Once TWRP loads, Then;
    - Flash SuprSU.zip Adv (Magisk)
    - Go back to Wipe >
    Adanced > Check Dalvik and Cache > Slide to wipe
    - Go back to Main-menu > Reboot > System
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    You now should have a rooted LG v20, download your favorite root checker app and verify root.

Then install LOS 18.1 directly ( No need to install other LOS before).

Then transfer Magisk APK to phone and click to install.

Contributers/Developers:
    @me2151(General)
    @glitschi667(General)
    @EMSpilot(Debug device) #3
    @elliwigy(Ideas and testing) #5
    @Matt07211(Formatting this awesome guide and helping out with general stuffs)#4
    @1619415(Awesome Santa Pic at the top!)#8
    Just to let you guys here know I've uploaded a debloated version of F800L30H (latest) on my androidfilehost account. If you want to go from A8 to A9 you can just flash the partitions zip as well. As far I can tell it makes no difference if you flash this on an S or a K either. Those 3 variants are almost identical. You need to flash the partitions, the boot image, the system image, then my ezv2020 kernel and then magisk. Do a full backup for safety. I advise wiping data in twrp as this is a major update so it's best to start from scratch.
    i had success to get my F800L with lastest oreo update (20e) rooted, it not so hard, only take time and some risk :victory:, but i dont know how to make a flashable zip to share it.