• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion][News] Official Note 5 Nougat Update

Search This thread

The Joker

May 14, 2016
Nowhere
Hey guys...here is a delicious news :)
It seems like Samsung releases official nougat 7.0 update for note 5 finally.....Today one member on Samsung vn site reported that he has received a nougat ota update weighing around 1.4gb ( N920c model )
Here are some screenshots :)
If any of the other member receives, Let us know :angel:
Source: Samsungvn.com
Update: it is here...
https://samsungvn.com/threads/huong...gat-cho-galaxy-note5-phien-ban-devbase.26028/
All credit goes to @samsungvn @Androidwizzard @hiepgia :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170203_163057.jpg
    IMG_20170203_163057.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 12,210
  • IMG_20170203_163026.jpg
    IMG_20170203_163026.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 12,388
  • IMG_20170203_163120.jpg
    IMG_20170203_163120.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 12,284
  • IMG_20170203_163123.jpg
    IMG_20170203_163123.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 11,438
Last edited:

Caius_Marius

Mar 21, 2016
Paris
Now hold on there man...why AOD should by all means be absent of this update? How come they're able to build a nougat ROM without including it? Is there for S7 and S7edge . No way this may be call an update without it .
Otherwise if course I can live very well without it ? but ranting make us feel better.

sent from my N920C

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Why does everyone always expect Samsung or any OEM for that matter to bring key features (IE. AOD) from latest flagships to older devices? Lol Its what separates one device from the other. It's what keeps a business in business. Otherwise nobody would buy new devices and eventually would go out of business because sales would fall.

- this is just a place holder to have the thread in my feed ?

Sent from my SM-N920G using XDA Labs

Spahtz

Jan 16, 2017
Sammobile is very late on the news if the device is not S7, S7 Edge or S8. It took 3 weeks to report and upload grace ux for SM-N920K.

kjonathan

Jan 15, 2015
Note5 Is the last device in note series!
Why does everyone always expect Samsung or any OEM for that matter to bring key features (IE. AOD) from latest flagships to older devices? Lol Its what separates one device from the other. It's what keeps a business in business. Otherwise nobody would buy new devices and eventually would go out of business because sales would fall.

- this is just a place holder to have the thread in my feed ?

Sent from my SM-N920G using XDA Labs

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys...here is a delicious news :)
    It seems like Samsung releases official nougat 7.0 update for note 5 finally.....Today one member on Samsung vn site reported that he has received a nougat ota update weighing around 1.4gb ( N920c model )
    Here are some screenshots :)
    If any of the other member receives, Let us know :angel:
    Source: Samsungvn.com
    Update: it is here...
    https://samsungvn.com/threads/huong...gat-cho-galaxy-note5-phien-ban-devbase.26028/
    All credit goes to @samsungvn @Androidwizzard @hiepgia :)
    I will share it tomorrow, it just boot up on another Note5. Now we test it, pack files, re-test then i will share it.

I've got system dump but can't use it to boot now as BL/BB is missing. I will dump it later.
    For all that said all time is fake i show now byself nougat on n5... and yes it have vulkan api and same camera as s7 nougat...

and no i dont reshare it so all that said is fake can learn from it.....
    i have good news for every body just read and enjoy the news :)

The update, previously announced by Tansu Yeğen as the 2nd weekend of February, has been delayed by one day and was published on Monday, February 13th! The Android 7.0 Nougat update to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge models, announced shortly before January, was announced a few days ago by Samsung vice president of Turkey, Mr. Tansu Yeğen, with the announcement of the end of February 2nd weekend. Apparently, due to minor flaws, the update, which is one more day late, finally came to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge models in Turkey on Monday, February 13, 2017! Although the 1.4 GB size of the update device is about 1.2 GB, S7 and S7 Edge users in Turkey have also reached the Android Nougat update.

According to Tansu, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge + and Galaxy Note 5 will be available for Android Nougat this week and Galaxy S6 Edge will be updated this week. The 2016 model Galaxy A series will be distributed in May, Android Nougat will be brought to 2016 models of the Galaxy J series in July. Galaxy S5 series and Note 4 will not come with updates.

Again according to Tansu Yeğen's announcement, Android 7.0 Nougat update;
    - Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge will arrive at the end of 2nd week of February.
    - By the end of the 3rd week of February, Galaxy S6 will come to Galaxy S6 Edge + and Galaxy Note 5. ''This week''
    - Galaxy S6 Edge will arrive at the end of the fourth week of February.
    - Galaxy S series in May and finally Galaxy J series in July