[Discussion] NitrogenOS Oreo 8.1.0 [Out of Order]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MarcoLK

Dec 2, 2014
Lübbecke
There is an official Thread now, so this Thread is out of order!
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/oneplus-3--3t-cross-device-development/rom-nitrogen-os-beta-t3737654

NitrogenOS!

Important!
I am NOT the owner or developer of this ROM!
All credit goes to @xyyx
We are all very thankful for his work!

Please if you want to post something on this thread, do NOT
-post something that was already said before
-tell us bugs which are already well known
-ask for new features as I am not the developer!
-blame @xyyx for bugs or better, don't mention him at all!

Downloads
Link to the ROM

OpenGApps unofficial

Magisk Beta
Firmware for OP3

unofficial TWRP

________________________________________________________________________________________

What is currently not working?
- VoLTE, but Vo2G is working fine.

Please do NOT tell us bugs which are already well known!
It can be very annoying if everybody is reporting the same bug again and again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Credits:
xyyx for his wonderful ROM!
@topjohnwu for Magisk!
@eng.stk for TWRP!
@Nezorflame for his OpenGapps build server!
@jamal2367 for the Firmware zips!

Last edited:

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
I'm using modded GCam and quality is good enough.

Battery life is just okay , Mobile Network Standby is my biggest drain . I have 43mins SOT with 77% remaining...

fattymcdirty

Jan 6, 2010
How do I flash this? I'm on latest TWRP and have RR Android 7.1.2 installed. When I try to flash this (or other 8.x-based ROMs, I'm stuck at "Patching System unconditionally at about 7-10%).

Android 7.1.x-based ROMs flash just fine. Any suggestions?

ChonDoit

Jun 23, 2016
Buenos Aires
Something short.

Build: 20171124

I'm happy :silly:

Bugs
- Sometimes, Home button stop working after deep sleep, just reboot or use add fingerprint to got it working again.
- Some random FC messages (2 today) (doesn't affect daily usage).
- Can't share files via Hotspot with Solid Explorer (Classic and Material) Give FC and keeps draining battery in Background even deleting app data and force stop.
- Same with Camera Roll, after opening it keeps draining Battery in Background doesn't matter what.

Avoiding these little things, nothing to reproach. In terms of BB is working better than any Nougat ROMs for me and performance and smoothness is totally decent. Some things doesn't appear in battery drain list (ADM and others little things, nothing to worry) and obviously the three I uninstalled (Solid, Solid Classic and Camera Roll)

By the way, H+ all the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171126-221529.png
    Screenshot_20171126-221529.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 7,104
  • Screenshot_20171126-221629.png
    Screenshot_20171126-221629.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 7,016
  • Screenshot_20171126-221638.png
    Screenshot_20171126-221638.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 6,911
  • Screenshot_20171126-115916.png
    Screenshot_20171126-115916.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 6,345
  • Screenshot_20171126-210030.png
    Screenshot_20171126-210030.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 6,196
Last edited:

ssaikiran

Jan 16, 2015
Something short.

Build: 20171124

I'm happy :silly:

Bugs
- Sometimes, Home button stop working after deep sleep, just reboot or use add fingerprint to got it working again.
- Some random FC messages (2 today) (doesn't affect daily usage).
- Can't share files via Hotspot with Solid Explorer (Classic and Material) Give FC and keeps draining battery in Background even deleting app data and force stop.
- Same with Camera Roll, after opening it keeps draining Battery in Background doesn't matter what.

Avoiding these little things, nothing to reproach. In terms of BB is working better than any Nougat ROMs for me and performance and smoothness is totally decent. Some things doesn't appear in battery drain list (ADM and others little things, nothing to worry) and obviously the three I uninstalled (Solid, Solid Classic and Camera Roll)

By the way, H+ all the day.

Are you on root? Are you using any app to save battery like Greenify?

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
Can anyone tell me if this rom has an always on display feature? I can't find the features list of this rom....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an official Thread now, so this Thread is out of order!
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/oneplus-3--3t-cross-device-development/rom-nitrogen-os-beta-t3737654

NitrogenOS!

Important!
    I am NOT the owner or developer of this ROM!
    All credit goes to @xyyx
    We are all very thankful for his work!

Please if you want to post something on this thread, do NOT
    -post something that was already said before
    -tell us bugs which are already well known
    -ask for new features as I am not the developer!
    -blame @xyyx for bugs or better, don't mention him at all!

Downloads
    Link to the ROM

OpenGApps unofficial

Magisk Beta
    Firmware for OP3

unofficial TWRP

________________________________________________________________________________________

What is currently not working?
    - VoLTE, but Vo2G is working fine.

Please do NOT tell us bugs which are already well known!
    It can be very annoying if everybody is reporting the same bug again and again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Credits:
    xyyx for his wonderful ROM!
    @topjohnwu for Magisk!
    @eng.stk for TWRP!
    @Nezorflame for his OpenGapps build server!
    @jamal2367 for the Firmware zips!

They gave you a solution you don't want to try. If you aren't willing to change something to make it work then don't post issues and ask for help

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

At the end of the day it's your ROM.

Frankly all this VoLTE talk is incredibly annoying. If people want it so bad, they can learn to code and make their own.

VOLTE is the main reason why I don't make thread here. Because volte's guys are very annoying. I tried caf telephony. It has some trouble with AOSP code. And I don't want to use hacks from Omni.

As I wrote in Kenzo's thread:

Attention:
    I don't force you to use my ROM. I fix bugs that doesn't require many commits from CAF.
    If you don't like something, please, use another ROM and don't write in this thread. Please.
    We should really curb this VoLTE thing for now because it's taking over the thread again it would seem. Just wanted to put the info up a little higher.

For those of you who need VoLTE, there is currently no support on this ROM. The ROM developer does not use it, and doesn't want to code a workaround like in Omni. If you need VoLTE, I'm sorry to say it but you should go on Omni for now at least. Currently it also appears that magisk workarounds and system file editing doesn't really help either.

The reason it isn't working is because the caf telephony sources have not been updated for Oreo, so that means that developers cannot get it to work officially because they need the base code to build on. Omni developer Maxwen decided to code support for it himself and that's why it works. It is safe to say that when the caf sources are released that all 8.0/8.1 AOSP ROMs will support VoLTE due to it being much easier and quicker to build off.

Currently, if you depend on VoLTE, you're outta luck. If you have it but don't need it, switch your networks to GSM/wcdma if you can't disable VoLTE while keeping LTE connection.

Just keep in mind that ROMs come AS IS, and you really don't have a right to complain too much. This is especially the case here on this thread. The developer here didn't even publish this ROM to XDA which means they didn't want to deal with the XDA community or anything. They make this ROM for themselves, and it's still nice enough that they let us use it. Some developers in the past when they haven't shared work on XDA flip out (within reason) when someone else does it, so thank you to the developer for being so chill about it!
    My VOLTE was going away after one reboot on latest OOS beta FW...

All those VoLTE posts are USELESS.

Once for all, no Oreo ROM will be able to fix it because it's UPSTREAM CAF thing. So stop flooding with 'it works', ' oh s*** it went away after a reboot' 'i tried firmware xyz and it doesn't work'

It's a chipset manufacturer driver not yet available for 8.1.So if VoLTE is vital for you just don't use those roms and use STABLE roms. Using experimental ROMs has a price, be ready to pay it.
    Can someone share screenshot of this new fresh UI because mine is the same like previous..

Here you go.