Toronto
AQL5 (Nougat) to CRB7 (Oreo) update.zip:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657584768

CRAP to CRB7 update.zip:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850494363

* Only for G950F / FD (Galaxy S8)
* Not for 8+
* Not for Snapdragon
* Requires fully stock rock (no twrp, no root, no xposed, no custom rom)
* Install via stock recovery using EXTERNAL sd-card or adb it it works for you. (Can't install via internal stoage as this option is not available in stock recovery)
* After install:
** TWRP works
** Root works
** Xposed works
** I don't use magisk, so don't ask me about it

Last edited:

renton82

Jan 6, 2011
Just installed, but recovery reamains buggy... if i try to select "apply update from adb" , the phone reboot itself...

Arcaneex

Dec 10, 2011
Haifa
AQL5 (Nougat) to CRB7 (Oreo) update.zip:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657584768

CRAP to CRB7 update.zip:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850494363

* Only for G950F / FD (Galaxy S8)
* Not for 8+
* Not for Snapdragon
* Requires fully stock rock (no twrp, no root, no xposed, no custom rom)
* Install via stock recovery using EXTERNAL sd-card or adb it it works for you. (Can't install via internal stoage as this option is not available in stock recovery)
* After install:
** TWRP works
** Root works
** Xposed works
** I don't use magisk, so don't ask me about it
Can anyone upload a mirror please? I hate AFH.

Last edited:

Wouter15

Nov 24, 2016
i want to flash official oreo firmware. i'm now on uk oreo beta but i want to flash another region. Do i have to install that specifoc 'rom' to change my csc? i heard that it's more difficult to do after an update so i'm not sure ?

crixley

May 25, 2012
I noticed you can now change Bluetooth options in developer options and they actually work.

Anonaru

Feb 10, 2016
ugh.. Didn't expect to still be on Beta here in the USA on Sprint. At least this build is decent-- I'm more than ready to be done with the damn thing though, this is getting ludicrous

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
ugh.. Didn't expect to still be on Beta here in the USA on Sprint. At least this build is decent-- I'm more than ready to be done with the damn thing though, this is getting ludicrous

So someone came and put a gun to your head and forced you to buy your S8 and join the beta program?

Odin back to stock. Use Firmware Science site to download the update to newer betas. Enjoy carrier bloat and having to Odin back stock to flash each update.

If you want the most up to date firmwares a Samsung was NOT the phone to buy.

Everyone wants to complain but forgets none of it is forced so just suck it up and be glad you even got Oreo before everyone else with an S8. Just an idea...

Anonaru

Feb 10, 2016
So someone came and put a gun to your head and forced you to buy your S8 and join the beta program?

Odin back to stock. Use Firmware Science site to download the update to newer betas. Enjoy carrier bloat and having to Odin back stock to flash each update.

If you want the most up to date firmwares a Samsung was NOT the phone to buy.

Everyone wants to complain but forgets none of it is forced so just suck it up and be glad you even got Oreo before everyone else with an S8. Just an idea...

LOL, wtf dude? It is a gripe, if I had a true issue I would have reverted long ago. This is entirely too long for a beta, with many S8s out of the program. I'm used to being out of date, because CDMA carriers are rubbish now. I know you had to take a jagoff moment to be toxic, but you've contributed even less than pointing out a CDMA carrier's device is lagging behind. Being uncertified for months is no good for anybody. Shove off lol

Thanks for the link! I may try this eventually, but I'm trying to keep the phone as vanilla as possible for now. Just hoping something changes soon, love oreo on the S8 but not a fan of being uncertified for so long :(

Last edited:

FatalONEM8

Feb 7, 2016
Chester, VT
Thanks for the link! I may try this eventually, but I'm trying to keep the phone as vanilla as possible for now. Just hoping something changes soon, love oreo on the S8 but not a fan of being uncertified for so long :(

Guess what, CRB9 is certified and is also probably the one to be released fr this coming end of month.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

LOL, wtf dude? It is a gripe, if I had a true issue I would have reverted long ago. This is entirely too long for a beta, with many S8s out of the program. I'm used to being out of date, because CDMA carriers are rubbish now. I know you had to take a jagoff moment to be toxic, but you've contributed even less than pointing out a CDMA carrier's device is lagging behind. Being uncertified for months is no good for anybody. Shove off lol

And to be clear, the only downside to being uncertified is that gpay doesn't work.

Reactions: Anonaru

Top Liked Posts