• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

*Discussion* Oreo Beta

Search This thread

Johnny camaro

Oct 12, 2013
Rotterdam
How is that happened??? You got BETA as an OTA??? What about registration? Give us more info..
I flashed wrong firmware ( Korean one, don't ask why on S7 it worked )

And after that suddenly Knox was 0x1, so when i saw that just rooted my s8 flashed custom recovery and rom changed my CSC from PHN to BTU, bought international simcard and change it to UK and register the beta program, 1 minute later download beta was starting.

But there where to many bugs so decided going back to full stock firm ( PHN ) and checking today software update was 1333MB , so I thought WT.... I'm checking always everything about s8 OREO and now I've got it on original on Dutch firmware.

Happy days![emoji16]

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

KamyarPS

Aug 18, 2013
Budapest

And after that suddenly Knox was 0x1, so when i saw that just rooted my s8 flashed custom recovery and rom changed my CSC from PHN to BTU, bought international simcard and change it to UK and register the beta program, 1 minute later download beta was starting.

So you confirm the registration for UK is opened again?

maik005

Feb 15, 2009

But there where to many bugs so decided going back to full stock firm ( PHN ) and checking today software update was 1333MB , so I thought WT.... I'm checking always everything about s8 OREO and now I've got it on original on Dutch firmware.

Happy days![emoji16]

When you flashed your korean firmware and triggerd Knox "OEM Unlock" was active, right?
You could have just bought an UK SIM to change to XEU/BTU without rooting/flashing if you were on the OXM Multi-CSC.
Firmware is the same for all CSCs in OXM.
You did not deregister from Beta programm, right? You flashed the PHN Firmware. Service Provider Software in Settings - phone info - softwareinformation shows PHN/PHN/PHN and with that you got the OTA Update to the Oreo Beta, right?

mkalter

Mar 30, 2011
Winterswijk
so you signed up 3wks ago to beta program for UK right?
thanks.
Yes

Please say that correctly before many questions are coming again: how can you get it on PHN?

You registered with a UK-SIM, CSC's were XEU/XEU/PHN

Now probably XEU/PHN/PHN

Or you've a rooted device!

Registered with an uk sim, reset the device so it was xeu/xeu/vod(nl) and installed beta 2.
Then my dutch sim back, another reset. Then it became PHN/PHN/VOD. And the software update for beta 3 just came through ota. After installing beta 3 it's still PHN/PHN/VOD. Not rooted, knox is 0x0

Reactions: henklbr

injectx

Nov 4, 2010
Registered with an uk sim, reset the device so it was xeu/xeu/vod(nl) and installed beta 2.
Then my dutch sim back, another reset. Then it became PHN/PHN/VOD. And the software update for beta 3 just came through ota. After installing beta 3 it's still PHN/PHN/VOD. Not rooted, knox is 0x0
Where did you get your UK sim if I may ask? (Nederlander hier)

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Yes

Is the default app selection dialog bug fixed?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts