• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

*Discussion* OREO

Search This thread

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011
I have tried several times to enable 'OEM unlock' through the method that changes the date, but the success rate is about 5%. When I can unlock the bootloader and start to install TWRP, I can not access the system anymore, because when installing TWRP the 'date' has to be formatted.

By 'date' you mean the data partition?
And by 'i can not access the system anymore' you mean access it from twrp?
There is necessarly a way out of your issue!

All methods which works before crgh update still works..

Reactions: alireza_simkesh

robsonbyte

Jan 1, 2017
By 'date' you mean the data partition?
And by 'i can not access the system anymore' you mean access it from twrp?
There is necessarly a way out of your issue!

All methods which works before crgh update still works..
Yes, data partition. If I do not choose to format the 'data' partition, TWRP does not mount the partition and the internal storage is 0mb.
When formatting the 'date' partition, I lose all settings, including the unlocked bootloader (OEM) and the cell phone remains on the boot screen, but I still get TWRP access.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
Yes, data partition. If I do not choose to format the 'data' partition, TWRP does not mount the partition and the internal storage is 0mb.
When formatting the 'date' partition, I lose all settings, including the unlocked bootloader (OEM) and the cell phone remains on the boot screen, but I still get TWRP access.
The only issue I get with it is that permissions on this firmware are set to 755 or something like that, preventing oem patch from editing build prop, so oem unlock gets hidden again and after boot have to reflash.
Workaround i use is editing build prop beforehand, and after formating data and all the usual flashes.... I use twrp file explorer to copy edited build prop and set permission to normal Editable state. I guess I could have just set permission and flash, but just in case...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011

You have to follow instructions in the third post to fix it :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...pment/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102

Or you can just flash a custom kernel and wipe data.

Reactions: robsonbyte

abel1015

Sep 8, 2012
This update has only new modem (G950FXXU3CRHB) - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DzpW/CxyG81FCa

This update is thru sd card or thru odin?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Flashed this via odin. And I see a noticeably better battery life - particularly in standby. Don't have pre and post snapshots to post though.

Where should i put it in odin? BL?

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011
Flashed this via odin. And I see a noticeably better battery life - particularly in standby. Don't have pre and post snapshots to post though.

I can confirm! It seems samsung make big effort since CRED update to improve battery life..
First time I can pass three entires days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180910-183445_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-183445_Settings.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 448

Top Liked Posts