[Discussion]Porting WP8 To The Android HTC One M8

Search This thread

O_G

Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Staff member
Jul 8, 2007
Hey Guys and Gals:)

With the possibility of a leaked WP8 Stock ROM, i thought it best to open one discussion thread on the subject.

Feel free to discuss the possibility of dual booting or just the general porting of the ROM. This could be ground breaking stuff, brings back the old HD2 days:cool:

Remember, patience guys! Great things can take time:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Thanks OG, hopefully this thread will encourage discussion and possible development of a port. I for one would LOVE to see WP8 come to our device! :good:

If anyone hasn't seen it, there's an RUU posted from a Chinese site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...fficial-ruu-m8-windows-phone-verizon-t2865351

it's unconfirmed at this stage, but we need to nerds to jump in there and start poking around :highfive:

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Thanks for making this. Once the other thread was moved to the Windows forum, thread activity has sputtered. Hopefully, there being a discussion here will bring back some interest.

D

Darth

I have zero interest in Windows... Just me...

But I am rooting for you guys! I hope you figure it out. Options are always great! ?

I wish I could help.... But it's beyond my knowledge base. Don't even know how to help with battery issues. ?

And I know me.... I'll probably flash it when the time comes. ?

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I have zero interest in Windows... Just me...

And I know me.... I'll probably flash it when the time comes. ?

haha sounds like me at times.

"I don't care about that **** " ... downloaded. If only to, at the very least, stifle my curiosity :laugh:

farru503

Dec 4, 2012
Thanks OG, hopefully this thread will encourage discussion and possible development of a port. I for one would LOVE to see WP8 come to our device! :good:

If anyone hasn't seen it, there's an RUU posted from a Chinese site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...fficial-ruu-m8-windows-phone-verizon-t2865351

it's unconfirmed at this stage, but we need to nerds to jump in there and start poking around :highfive:
If it works , it will work only for Verizon m8 it seems

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
I want it just to play with. doubt I run it as a daily but it would be fun to be able to load it and play around a little bit with it.

ext109

Jul 19, 2010
I'm more interested in getting "real" Windows running on it (Windows RT) than actual windows phone :)

Trust me winRT is no better, maybe even worse. It has less apps than Windows Phone and can't run .exe files or apps for full Windows 8. I have a surface RT but Word and Internet explorer are basically its only functions

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
venomroms.com
Trust me winRT is no better, maybe even worse. It has less apps than Windows Phone and can't run .exe files or apps for full Windows 8. I have a surface RT but Word and Internet explorer are basically its only functions

Dont care about "apps", there are already tools that allow to run "real" x86 applicatins on Windows RT ARM based devices, so it may be useful for me for various reason..

ext109

Jul 19, 2010
Dont care about "apps", there are already tools that allow to run "real" x86 applicatins on Windows RT ARM based devices, so it may be useful for me for various reason..

Well ok but still, this is a 5" phone... Not really useful for full Windows.
And the "tool" is called jailbreak and doesn't work on 8.1 ;) only 8.0. And even when it does work, only select ported apps work, and most of those are broken. So unless you want to run GIMP or a half-working rainmeter on your phone, RT is rather useless... Ubuntu and winXP are much more interesting than RT imo, and those have been available for years already (I ran em on my evo 3D!)

Each to their own though... Options are never bad to have.

Reactions: Rouz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys and Gals:)

With the possibility of a leaked WP8 Stock ROM, i thought it best to open one discussion thread on the subject.

Feel free to discuss the possibility of dual booting or just the general porting of the ROM. This could be ground breaking stuff, brings back the old HD2 days:cool:

Remember, patience guys! Great things can take time:angel:

I have the Tmobile M8 android...........would love to have multiboot with WP8.1

Considering just buying the WP version but then I would want to put Lollipop on it...........can't pick one over the other. Ugh!!!

I would love to try this.

I would like to stop visiting this thread because i think there is some new development related news, just to find someone again posts something like this totally none related or helpful regarding this port..

I know admins will delete this, i hope at least some read this and stop posting useless posts in future..
    Could you please upload it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

, we are working together,

We should have conversions both ways pinned down this weekend.....

Stay tuned, and please don't nag
    I doubt you can do anything, if devs haven't been able to achieve anything, you will fail and (Probably) brick your device in the progress. The bootloader is not something you should mess with, unless you know how to program, have the bootloader source code, and have a good enough computer to compile everything. (Also, let's not forget a JTAG, although I don't know if HTC devices can support it. ) and a lot, lot more, things are needed to be able to achieve anything with porting Wp to the android version.

You could always try though, I'm not stopping you :)

Thanks for the (not so much) support, but you don't seem to know what you are talking about :) Where do you think I get my hand on these things if I don't work as a dev for one of the companies that has access to HTC's WP RUU? and you don't need a "good enough" computer to compile a bootloader, or anything for that matter. That said, I'm new to the mobile and hardware side, so it would be beneficial to get some help on where to find the right information. Sometimes XDA makes "devs" sounds like a rare and mystical breed of human.