[Discussion] Proper way to root after LineageOS installed

Search This thread

Anon_404

Nov 6, 2014
What would you say is the best way to have root on a V20 with LineageOS ?

On one hand, there is SuperSU, which is just a matter of flashing a zip, and is the way everyone used to do it. On the official Lineage site, they have SuperSU for download (in the Extras section), which suggests it's the recommended way. However, the the zip is named "addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip", and the version date is 2019-07-09 - This suggests it might be incompatible with Lineage 17.1 (anyone tried it?). Another issue, I recently heard SuperSU is closed-sourced and was even sold to some company not long ago. That's a big red flag. I never imagined that was the case when I was rooting phones.

On the other hand, I see Magisk becoming prominent, but it gives me some worries. First it's labelled as "systemless root", that hides the fact that the phone is rooted in some weird way. Personally, I don't need any of those shenanigans, I'm fully degoogled. Second, it seams you install it by patching the boot partition? Sounds like a bad idea...

Third, the latest version (v 22.0) seams to have made big changes. I was reading the updated official install guide and idk if the "Custom Recovery" method will do the same as patching boot or not. See here: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

What is your take on this? How did you root your V20 and why? Do you know of other alternatives?

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
так что в новой версии Magisk вам нужен загрузочный img, верно?
И Magisk, и приложение, и программа удаления теперь представляют собой один файл (три в одном).

Если вам нужно установить apk, установите apk.
Если вам нужно прошить Magisk в TWRP, поменяйте расширение с *. apk в * .zip и прошиваем.
Если нужно удалить Magick через деинсталлятор из TWRP, переименуйте файл в «uninstall.zip» и прошейте.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone