[DISCUSSION][ROM][5.1]CyanogenMod 12.1 for Bacon[OFFICIAL Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ImmortAlex

Jan 3, 2012
Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia
What are "floodgates"? Does it mean cm13 official nightlies are going to start?
CM13 nightlies are ready to start. But they should merge this commit. I don't think we will wait too much, maybe next nightly will be CM13.
It's actually mean only one: CM13 is not very buggy in general and work quiet good on OPO.

Prinz`

Jan 9, 2013
Tuticorin
Heat !

I'm in the latest snapshot CM12.1 Build of 17-11-2015 (Bacon). The overall performance is smooth as hell ! and battery is good too. But when i play some moderate games, for instance, Sim City and Clash of Clans, the phone gets heated up !! even when my network is @ 2G and Wifi is on. Any one else got this >? Is it normal or is there any fix ? My CPU s @ 2.5 GHZ max and min ! Interactive and bfq scheduler !:confused:

tropicanapure

Nov 12, 2010
Huawei Watch GT 3
So, floodgates merged. CM13 official nightlies will start soon

[edit]
Sorry, not yet. I was looking at most discussed commit there: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/118987/
Seem to be last preventing nigtlies from start
Looks like someone's already ported cm13 to the Moto G.

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/cyanogenmod-13-lands-on-moto-g-2015/

Hopefully, opo shouldn't be far off. For when it comes - should have a dedicated thread, I think?

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Reactions: Blac Caesar

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
It seems we need to wait a while. Personally, I'm waiting for official nightly. I don't want any unofficial builds.

GURU1234y

Apr 30, 2015
i have the official YOG4PAS3JL build in my rooted one plus one.When i try to install this via TW recovery i get error that i cant install this rom over my current rom.what should i do?

illuminerdi

May 6, 2011
Hey why don't you guys bother fixing CM12 first before you start shoving CM13 out the door! I just switched back to CM12.1 on my OP1 since running OxygenOS for about 6 months because I was tired of the bugs in OxygenOS and the complete lack of support from OP for OxygenOS on the 1 and CM12.1 from the "release" channel (the 11/17 build) has been a BUGGY NIGHTMARE.

So apparently my choices are OxygenOS (buggy) or CM12 (buggy). Thanks, guys! Seriously, fire whoever is in charge of your QA department, because they suck. It didn't even take long to find the bugs. My proximity sensor still doesn't turn off the screen during phonecalls, the "detect accidental wakeups" feature is garbage (was preventing waking my phone up when it was sitting in my hand and I was pressing wake several times) and, oh yeah, PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AREN'T WORKING FOR ANY OF MY APPS.

So yeah. Glad to see everyone's rushing to CM13. I'm guessing because they're hoping it'll be less of a mess than CM12 is at present.

And for those of you wondering, I did a clean flash, full wipe, etc.

Brian325

Nov 30, 2014
Seattle
Hey why don't you guys bother fixing CM12 first before you start shoving CM13 out the door! I just switched back to CM12.1 on my OP1 since running OxygenOS for about 6 months because I was tired of the bugs in OxygenOS and the complete lack of support from OP for OxygenOS on the 1 and CM12.1 from the "release" channel (the 11/17 build) has been a BUGGY NIGHTMARE.

So apparently my choices are OxygenOS (buggy) or CM12 (buggy). Thanks, guys! Seriously, fire whoever is in charge of your QA department, because they suck. It didn't even take long to find the bugs. My proximity sensor still doesn't turn off the screen during phonecalls, the "detect accidental wakeups" feature is garbage (was preventing waking my phone up when it was sitting in my hand and I was pressing wake several times) and, oh yeah, PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AREN'T WORKING FOR ANY OF MY APPS.

So yeah. Glad to see everyone's rushing to CM13. I'm guessing because they're hoping it'll be less of a mess than CM12 is at present.

I haven't encountered bugs on CM in awhile..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blac Caesar

KaZo58

Nov 13, 2009
Germany
Xiaomi Mi 11

Latest Baseband version? Show us your version.

Blac Caesar

Jul 31, 2012

BoboBrazil

Apr 5, 2009
Neither have I lol.. not even on the last 12.1 Nightly

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Downloading now, will report back after flashing

I got it to boot after doing a factory reset and reflashing from twrp. I lost all data though. bootloop over cm12.1 nightly.

-edit- after installing opengapps for 6.0 kept getting system ui and pay store crashes, unusable

Last edited:

Blac Caesar

Jul 31, 2012
I got it to boot after doing a factory reset and reflashing from twrp. I lost all data though. bootloop over cm12.1 nightly.

-edit- after installing opengapps for 6.0 kept getting system ui and pay store crashes, unusable

I hope you didn't dirty flash over 12.1.. switching Android versions, you should ALWAYS clean flash. :)

Which opengapps pkg did you use? Most 6.0 ROMs (Unofficial CM builds) I've used, work well with banks dynamic gapps and slim gapps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) Official Nightlies Discussion Thread

CyanogenMod tries to build a new, fresh "nightly" version every 24 hours for each of the devices it supports, which includes the most up-to-date changes to the source code, provided from all over the Internet. Of course, the nightly builds may also contain newly-introduced bugs, but hey- if you feel adventurous, you can help make CyanogenMod better by trying these experimental builds and reporting back bugs to the developers.

Source: wiki.cyanogenmod.org

Changelog:
    http://cmxlog.com/12.1/bacon

Download Links:
    1. CM12.1 ROM: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon

2. Android 5.1 Gaaps:

Flashing Instructions
    Comprehensive installation instructions for CM on the OnePlus One can be found on the CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_bacon

Note: If you are flashing from CM11/CM12, you MUST flash 5.1-compatible gapps after flashing the ROM!

1. Download the nightly and move it to your SD card.
    2. Download gaaps and move it to your SD card. [This step is optional.]
    3. Reboot into the custom recovery of your choice.4A. Flashing dirty from CM11/12: Wipe cache/dalvik cache.
    4B. Flashing clean: Full wipe.
    5. Flash cm-121-2015xxxx-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip.
    6. Flash gapps.zip. If flashing dirty from CM11/12, then you must reflash 5.1 compatible gapps (link above).
    7. Reboot

For those having problems with apps crashing:
    1. If you didn't wipe cache / dalvik-ART from recovery when you flashed 12.1 over 12.0, go back and do that first.

2. If you still have FCs, go to Settings » Apps, find the offending app and click Clear data.

3. Still no go, time to do a factory reset.

Rooting:
    This is a pre-rooted ROM, so there is no need to flash SuperSU!

1. Enable Developer options by going to System » About tablet and clicking Build number rapidly 5-7 times.
    2. Under Developer options, click Root access and select Apps only, then Ok.

That's it!

Known Issues:
    (I will keep this updated)
    • Camera still splits the exposure when using the flash
    • You tell me
    Starting from CM12.1 today's nightly, a new sound panel is included in power menu, whose source code has been written by me.
    To enable it, go to Settings - Buttons - Power menu and enable "sound panel".
    This sound panel is available for all devices supported by cm12.1.
    If you have problems, please let me know.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/100452/
    post to androidfilehost, that seems like a great place for a rom.

1. Too much work for a one-off.
    2. My DSL connection is currently rather flaky, so uploads probably wouldn't finish (thanks AT&T...)
    3. With all these things, there nowadays unfortunately are too many people asking for support, and I have neither time nor patience for that.

I may upload it to my own webserver. I prefer to be in control... But that depends on my DSL connection staying up...

Update: It should now be available via torrent:
    http://www.feise.com/~jfeise/Downloads/cm-12.1-20150521-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip.torrent
    md5: 2c8383584fd2ccc451969e9836fcd36d cm-12.1-20150521-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip
    When will be ready CM13.0 for OnePlus One?
    Exactly some number of minutes after soon.
    For the new CM 12.1 nightly (post 20150418), you have to use the official Cyanogen recovery for properly restore your current GApps. An alternative solution for now, a modified TWRP with current CM 12.1 kernel (f2fs support included): http://goo.gl/G2T5yY Please check http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95349/

Too lazy to set up TWRP recovery build for now, please tell TWRP developer about this transparent lz4 compressed ext4 issue.