[Discussion] Suggestions for Stable ROM for Whyred

Search This thread

Sidgup1998

Jan 11, 2020
Using MIUI 11.0.5.0 For 2 months, not a single issue. With custom rom(s) there is always a bug associated but with native or stock rom, the experience is always good.
Some users may not prefer stock rom at all.

Reactions: polya95

Sidgup1998

Jan 11, 2020
I see! Thanks btw!
That's why i haven't left PE11 Plus, it has lvl3 cam 2 api, without root.
Maybe i should find a cam2api enabled stock rom by default.
As i know i can revert back to stock and only lock bootloader if i like to.
Brother i used to flash rom(s) on a daily basis... Changing rom frequently caused me troubles- whatsapp verification, loading apps. I was fed up and decided to stay on stock rom. I've tried multiple rom(s) and had to come to stock due to its stability and easy to use

Reactions: MadK9 and polya95

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
Hello Fellow Users,

Checking back here after sometime. Any latest suggestions from you on tried and tested stable ROM with least bugs? Thanks in advance

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Hello Fellow Users,

Checking back here after sometime. Any latest suggestions from you on tried and tested stable ROM with least bugs? Thanks in advance
PixelExperience Android 12 (Mi remote works fine but camera images will be stored in Picture folder instead of DCIM/Camera folder)
LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 (Mi Remote didn't worked for me)

These two are my choice

Reactions: mGforCe

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
PixelExperience Android 12 (Mi remote works fine but camera images will be stored in Picture folder instead of DCIM/Camera folder)
LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 (Mi Remote didn't worked for me)

These two are my choice
Thanks @SunilSuni for your feedback.

PS: I just installed Corvus 12L earlier today, just completed the setup. Let me try it more and share experience.
One issue spotted is that USB Debugging while activated in mobile, it is not detected in laptop (Win10) when using adb devices. Just before this, when was on MIUI, usb debugging / adb worked fine in same laptop

Reactions: SunilSuni

NeddeX

Jul 6, 2014
Hi everyone, so I'm looking for a stable custom ROM (+/- custom ROM if needed), as I'm going to give the phone to my mother - MIUI looks too complicated to her, as previously she was using Motorola phone with almost stock Android.

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Thanks @SunilSuni for your feedback.

PS: I just installed Corvus 12L earlier today, just completed the setup. Let me try it more and share experience.
One issue spotted is that USB Debugging while activated in mobile, it is not detected in laptop (Win10) when using adb devices. Just before this, when was on MIUI, usb debugging / adb worked fine in same laptop
I would even consider Stock MIUI ROM, As this is the only ROM that supports ViLTE (Video Over LTE)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @mGforCe

ROM Name & Build Date: MIUI 10 [xiaomi.eu Beta 9.9.3] (Android 9)
    Custom Kernel Name & Build Date: Stock Kernel (perf 4.4.153-perf+)
    Using Since: September 2019 (Since Date of Release)
    Bugs: Completely Stable
    Concerns if Any: None so far, in nearly 1 year time.
    Overall Exp: This has always been my go to ROM, when I want the perfect balance between performance and battery backup (seen last 8 hours of SoT and 40 hours of standby on it)

-- 1 --
    One of the biggest reason why I never switched to MIUI 11, was because it was basically MIUI 10 with some extra tidbits that I could live without. The extra animations and updates just made the whole thing slower and consumed more RAM. For me, MIUI 10 last beta does the job perfectly. Good battery life and spare RAM (1.4-1.5 / 3.0 GB).

MIUI 12 has some major animation issues and spare RAM drops to 0.9-1.1 / 3.0 GB; would not advice anyone to update to that version. Waiting for RevOS [MIUI 12 Android 10 port] to get a bit more stable, might switch to that; as they seemed to have a good RAM management.

-- 2 --
    I tried out Havoc, Pixel, Lineage and Corvus. Out of all the 4 ROMs; I'd say Corvus is pretty good. Havoc is nice and refined, but in terms of features, Corvus is the better one. But, what stops me from switch to custom roms is the battery life and slight heating issues. It might be due to kernels, but compared to MIUI 10's 5-6% battery consuption, custom roms eat up around 14-15%. Plus, during idle load, MIUI 10 drops down to as low as 32 C while lowest I seen on Corvus was around 35-36 C. They might have gotten better. Might need to test them out again before I can give a final say on it.

-- 3 --
    After using MIUI, you get used to few sweet features it offers. Few of them were the volume panel, per app network settings, the app auto start control toggle and lastly the recent app menu. Paranoid Android did a wonderful job of bringing the first 2 feature to custom stock roms; sadly the other two features still remain unavailble. Hopefully someone will be able to create those.
    @mGforCe

I was recommended to use PixelExperience which was the first and only custom ROM I have flashed so far since unlocking the bootloader (I only acquired the phone last month). I went with the Pie version of the ROM,
    PixelExperience_whyred-9.0-20191211-2037-OFFICIAL
    Stock kernel (the one that came with the ROM), no random reboots, no problems, no issues whatsoever.

I might one day or some day flash Omni / Paranoid since I'm a big fan of both and have used them over the years. Maybe you could try those?
    @mGforCe
    ROM Name & Build Date: Xiaomi.Eu Beta 20.3.26 (Android 9)
    Custom Kernel Name & Build Date: Using Stock Kernel (perf 4.4.153-perf+)
    Using Since: March 2020 (Since Date of Release)
    Bugs: None
    Concerns if Any: Well u cannont Run WCC2 Game if its downloaded from another website (other than play store)
    Overall Exp.: I've been using Eu ROM Since january 2020 and i haven't seen that much stable ROM till now. Even the MIUI 12 Beta builds are not that stable (They have high RAM Usage). I will strongly recommend this ROM For the best MIUI 11 Exp.
    Peace
    Thanks @Renz1er for the detailed feedback, very helpful.

Few questions if you may answer:

1) Did you try any subsequent build of Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 betas and still found this best? Or you never tried any further MIUI 10 or MIUI 11 because of info about extra RAM consumption?

Reason for asking because fellow user @Sidgup1998 suggested Xiaomi.Eu Beta 20.3.26 (MIUI 11) and so checking.

2) Further, you mention RevOS and so checking if you tried any other MIUI Mods like MiRoom etc?

I also googled and found one Official RevOS - tried anytime? ROS-MIUI_RedmiNote5_20.2.26_v11-9.zip

-- 1 --

I tried out almost every single beta build and stable build for MIUI 10, and this one particular seems to hit the sweet spot. In terms of features offered from MIUI, performance and stability.

For MIUI 11, I just tried few earlier beta builds and some one of the stable builds. They were stable, but like I said, the ram usage and a bit more system animations kept me away.

For MIUI 12, I tried the very first beta build and the last beta build, both had bugs and issues.

-- 2 --
    Tried Xiaomi.EU Android 10 Port, Masik X Android 10 Port and RevOS Anroid 10 Port. All 3 of them are more of less very similar, just RevOS has bit more free space because it removes a few of MIUI system apps and a bit more free RAM compared to official Android 9 MIUI 12.

But the main issues with these ports are higher temperature, battery backup being a bit worse and the camera libs might not be whyred's so might see a bit degradation in quality.
    I will suggest Pixel experience plus ROM
    Build : June 13
    Have been using it from last two days and it's pretty stable

I'm getting 7+ hours of SOT
    Play Store is certified so no need to install magisk

Video recording is not working with included Mi Camera but you can resolve it by installing Google Camera
    I'm Using Google camera 7.3