[Discussion] T-MOBILE OP8 Update to 10.5.17/20. Signal Service loss..

Mikal2580

Aug 19, 2020
I got the R15 SIM card almost 2 weeks ago, It is a lot better but still get the occasional dropped call/No Service.
I was testing incredibly low speeds this morning, but that seems to have been a specific testing site with Speedtest app. When I use the datacenter down the road, I'm good (250-300 down). The other potential issue was my phone showed only one bar of 5G the whole 30 mile drive to work, which it never did before. I've "updated carrier configuration" for what it's worth and rebooted. Signal looks good at work currently.

geiswiz

Aug 18, 2011
I was testing incredibly low speeds this morning, but that seems to have been a specific testing site with Speedtest app. When I use the datacenter down the road, I'm good (250-300 down). The other potential issue was my phone showed only one bar of 5G the whole 30 mile drive to work, which it never did before. I've "updated carrier configuration" for what it's worth and rebooted. Signal looks good at work currently.
I got the R15 SIM this morning. Tested speeds - 50 down/70 up with 5G. 80 down/20 up with LTE.

I haven't had any dropped calls or texts yet, but I've only had the SIM in there for like 4 hours.

Barman49

Apr 30, 2013
Gotcha. Does anyone have an idea when that is planned to have support. I get 5g, but the best speeds I've gotten was in the 120s for dl but most of the time it's 20 and below. I'm also having issues when I make phone calls it times out after 2 rings and then I call again and it goes strait to voice mail. It takes a couple times to get a phone call to go through
They are supposed to push an update starting on the 26th to fix the calling out issue.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Dev...Does-Not-Reliably-Dial-Out-after/ta-p/1083415

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

steve9271

May 10, 2009
I don't see this working well. That's not the issue I have ever faced since updating. It's a no signal or "mobile network not available" or flat out missing calls.
I agree, I don't think this will fix the No service issue. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also on T-Mobile so I might not even get the update.

Barman49

Apr 30, 2013
I don't see this working well. That's not the issue I have ever faced since updating. It's a no signal or "mobile network not available" or flat out missing calls.
Strange. I don't make many calls but I haven't had this problem. I wonder if it's just certain areas or I just have been lucky

As far as 5G speeds go in Northern NJ with no 41 yet I consistently get over 100 dl & around 30 ul. I'm kind of surprised I haven't found any 41 yet.

Last edited:

Furious Froyo

May 29, 2020
Strange. I don't make many calls but I haven't had this problem. I wonder if it's just certain areas or I just have been lucky

As far as 5G speeds go in Northern NJ with no 41 yet I consistently get over 100 dl & around 30 ul. I'm kind of surprised I haven't found any 41 yet.

You're extremely lucky. I disabled 5G as I had this issue daily.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
It's probably going to be awhile before we get an update because it goes from manufacturer testing to tmobile that gets sent to specific tmo employees to test for 6 weeks minimum and then public release. Hopefully they rush this fix cause this sucks

grabber5.0

Mar 14, 2015
They damned well better hurry, because this is infuriating! I don't make a lot of outbound calls, so I didn't realize my phone was affected until a few days ago when I tried to call my wife. I have not been able to make an outbound call since! Inbound is fine, and I haven't noticed any other issues, but I really needed to be able to make calls today and can't! [emoji2959]

Mikal2580

Aug 19, 2020
After 24+ hours my phone seems to have "acclimated" with the new R15 SIM. Seems to be switching between Wifi calling and regular fine, and all calls texts are working so far.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
Fargo
www.scottcrosler.com
No R15 SIM but my data speeds have been great. I still get the failure to call out from time to time. I did flash A11 Beta 2 and noted a tiny drop in speeds but that could be anything. Someone prior noted that turning off WiFi calling stops the problem. With the new update I get good enough signal to be able to turn off WiFi calling. I have not had any issues since.

So A11 B2, WiFi Calling off, No r15 SIM and I am doing pretty well.

Barman49

Apr 30, 2013
Got this this morning. Let's see if it fixes the calling issue on Sprint phones. It's only about 88 meg so I don't think it has much else in it. Screenshot_20200928-081601.jpg

Barman49

Apr 30, 2013
Came here to post this.

Hopefully I can call people!
Lol. I made a call and it went through. But I also made a call last night and it went through so I guess the people having the problem worse than I do will need to test. Funny they don't mention anything about fixing the issue though.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
Confirmed working modem.

I have called a handful of people this morning and no dropped calls. That's with WiFi Calling and without.

I will update if calls start screwing up.