[Discussion] [Unofficial] BMW I-Bus App

Search This thread

Gunfiyld

Aug 2, 2021
I think the Eonon and Xtrons 6m harness is the same, so the Ibus connections should be the same at the head unit too. If you look at the pictures in the last link in my last post, It's the 2 quadlock connector with 4 wires. Though I would make sure before connecting your Resler.
With the Eonon harness there is no Quadlock at harness' end where it connects to the radio. There is only the black connector that connects to the radio and the antenna cable. Haven't found any info if some of the wires for the black radio connector are i-bus line's that could connect to. Obviusly I could wire the i-bus line from the trunk, but would not want to strip all the door sill etc again.

@blue_racer Thanks, I already managed to find the correct setting with a help of an another user.

blue_racer

Jul 14, 2017
Dresden
www.ibus-app.de
With the Eonon harness there is no Quadlock at harness' end where it connects to the radio. There is only the black connector that connects to the radio and the antenna cable. Haven't found any info if some of the wires for the black radio connector are i-bus line's that could connect to. Obviusly I could wire the i-bus line from the trunk, but would not want to strip all the door sill etc again.

@blue_racer Thanks, I already managed to find the correct setting with a help of an another user.
Well, this was not a recommended elongation :-(

To connect the Resler Module/Resler Interface please:
- use powersupply from elongation (battery and ground - not only ignition!)
- use I-BUS wire from old MID or bordmonitor plug [do not use power supply from there - this may cause troubles!)

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Hi, sounds like there was a wrong central lock telegram set. Please open I-BUS app settings => central lock => central lock telegram and try another one fitting to your car e.g. E39.
I reinstalled the latest apk this afternoon. The wiper issue is no longer an issue. Why? Who the hell knows! Anyway, I uninstalled it and reinstalled and the wiper issue seems to be a mystery. I ran TIS/DIS and ran diagnostics on the wiper stalks and ZKE and found no DTC's. Another mystery cleared but not solved.

My new issue is simply a setting issue I think. I have what I believe are the correct tick boxes ticked to activate PDC. However the app doesn't always go to the PDC screen when in reverse or when the PDC button is pressed. When it fails, switching off the car, opening the door, closing the door and locking the car followed by the reverse cures it. Is this a setting issue?

A suggestion if I may. There is a minor omission for Low OBC owners. High OBC gets a wide setting with the car image in the middle. Why not Low OBC?

Another question, whilst I am here. I have never updated the Reisler adapter since buying it a good few years ago. Should I?

Many Thanks

blue_racer

Jul 14, 2017
Dresden
www.ibus-app.de
I reinstalled the latest apk this afternoon. The wiper issue is no longer an issue. Why? Who the hell knows! Anyway, I uninstalled it and reinstalled and the wiper issue seems to be a mystery. I ran TIS/DIS and ran diagnostics on the wiper stalks and ZKE and found no DTC's. Another mystery cleared but not solved.

My new issue is simply a setting issue I think. I have what I believe are the correct tick boxes ticked to activate PDC. However the app doesn't always go to the PDC screen when in reverse or when the PDC button is pressed. When it fails, switching off the car, opening the door, closing the door and locking the car followed by the reverse cures it. Is this a setting issue?

A suggestion if I may. There is a minor omission for Low OBC owners. High OBC gets a wide setting with the car image in the middle. Why not Low OBC?

Another question, whilst I am here. I have never updated the Reisler adapter since buying it a good few years ago. Should I?

Many Thanks
Hi, maybe there have only been a wrong telegram set and due the deinstall you've erased it.

For PDC: did you check both options: PDC screen switch AND switch to foreground - or PDC screen switch plus PDC popup?

For the design you may choose "high bc wide" too with low BC, just hide the values you may not get from low bc like consumption.

For the old black Resler interface: there is no update for it. Only the new orange Resler Module got a firmware which may be updated.

Reactions: whitewolf8111

Gunfiyld

Aug 2, 2021
Well, this was not a recommended elongation :-(

To connect the Resler Module/Resler Interface please:
- use powersupply from elongation (battery and ground - not only ignition!)
- use I-BUS wire from old MID or bordmonitor plug [do not use power supply from there - this may cause troubles!)
Thanks for the tip. It should be easy enough to connect just the 12V and ground wire to the radio's harness.

Reactions: blue_racer

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Hi All,

Today I was able to repeatedly demonstrate the wipers issues in my E39/M54/B30 LoBC. I reinstalled I-Bus a couple of days ago and was able to capture my previous observation on my phone. Any ideas? Thank you

biernus

May 27, 2009
I have been using the Xtronx PX5 (PB7839BP) on my BMW e39 with great success for several years.
I have been using HAL9K mod v4.2.1 - Android 9 for a very long time
No problems - everything was working fine
Additionally, I use the IBUS app https://www.ibus-app.de with the 'old' Resler adapter

I wanted Android 10 and be up-to-date;)

Without any problems, of course, with the help of Modinstaler Pro 2 from Hal9K, the latest version of Android 10 with Mod v5.0.2 has arrived.

My requirements are very simple to operate:
(I like it when I start and I don't have to touch the radio at all - full automat mode ;-)

• Start from sleep
  • Start IBUS app
  • Start Yanosik app (and go background, only floating icon on the screen)
  • Start Spotify app (play music, go background
  • Start Viper driver (tuning the sound)
  • go back to ibus app to main screen

While everything worked on Android 9, now I have 2 problems:

1) The problem with the 'autostart the apps'
It seems to me that everything is set up correctly and somehow sometimes only ibuss starts - other applications do not start automatically. Interestingly, both in MOD v5 and in the ibus itself, there are similar options for the start type of many subsequent applications. Should I bet on ibus or on it with MOD?

2) I also have a problem with voice notifications.
- While the music is playing via spotify, I can't hear notifications from goolge maps or from the Yanosik app (notifications about road problems).
- When I enter the Google maps options and play the test sound - you can hear that the sound is slightly quieter, but you cannot hear the voiceover with the message.
- When spotify is not playing (application is off or only music paused) - maps and yanosik work OK (you can hear voice notifications)
- When RADIO is playing - maps and yanosik also work OK
I am convinced that this is some software problem with the settings

Can someone knowledgeable give me a hint?

Is this a good category? or should I post to "[ROM] [PX5] [PX6] [PX30] [Q] [10] Hal9k Mod v5 for MTCx / HCTx head units with Android 10/9/8/6"
Thanks

whitewolf8111

Dec 23, 2012
I have been using the Xtronx PX5 (PB7839BP) on my BMW e39 with great success for several years.
Additionally, I use the IBUS app https://www.ibus-app.de with the 'old' Resler adapter

Without any problems, of course, with the help of Modinstaler Pro 2 from Hal9K, the latest version of Android 10 with Mod v5.0.2 has arrived.

(I like it when I start and I don't have to touch the radio at all - full automat mode ;-)

• Start from sleep
  • Start IBUS app

It seems to me that everything is set up correctly and somehow sometimes only ibuss starts - other applications do not start automatically. Interestingly, both in MOD v5 and in the ibus itself, there are similar options for the start type of many subsequent applications. Should I bet on ibus or on it with MOD?

- While the music is playing via spotify, I can't hear notifications from goolge maps or from the Yanosik app (notifications about road problems).
- When I enter the Google maps options and play the test sound - you can hear that the sound is slightly quieter, but you cannot hear the voiceover with the message.
- When spotify is not playing (application is off or only music paused) - maps and yanosik work OK (you can hear voice notifications)

Is this a good category? or should I post to "[ROM] [PX5] [PX6] [PX30] [Q] [10] Hal9k Mod v5 for MTCx / HCTx head units with Android 10/9/8/6"
Thanks
This would be best to post in the Hal9k v5 ROM thread, as these issues are related to the ROM and not the I-Bus App.
The only bit I could recommend for you is to check and make sure you have updated the ROM to v5.0.2, as I know it had addressed some issues. But you do have to pay a one time fee for the updates for the ROM.

biernus

May 27, 2009
This would be best to post in the Hal9k v5 ROM thread, as these issues are related to the ROM and not the I-Bus App.
The only bit I could recommend for you is to check and make sure you have updated the ROM to v5.0.2, as I know it had addressed some issues. But you do have to pay a one time fee for the updates for the ROM.
Ok
I put the post in another threat.
I have pay version. I am 100% up to date.

blue_racer

Jul 14, 2017
Dresden
www.ibus-app.de

• Start from sleep
  • Start IBUS app

Thanks

Not sure I understand right: after update I-BUS app still start automatic every time or only sometimes?
Further if I-BUS app starts we may start 2 apps by I-BUS app.. but there are 3 in your list.
So my idea was to use iDrive Launcher https://idrive.ibus-app.de who was able to start more apps with it.

whitewolf8111

Dec 23, 2012
Not sure I understand right: after update I-BUS app still start automatic every time or only sometimes?
Further if I-BUS app starts we may start 2 apps by I-BUS app.. but there are 3 in your list.
So my idea was to use iDrive Launcher https://idrive.ibus-app.de who was able to start more apps with it.
@blue_racer Thank you for your reply to that question. Could you also please reply to post #126:
Hi All,

Today I was able to repeatedly demonstrate the wipers issues in my E39/M54/B30 LoBC. I reinstalled I-Bus a couple of days ago and was able to capture my previous observation on my phone. Any ideas? Thank you

This was a strange problem he had reported to you all before, but now he is able to reliably repeat the issue.
Thanks for your help!

blue_racer

Jul 14, 2017
Dresden
www.ibus-app.de
Hi All,

My online idea was to check the "central lock telegram" in central lock settings of I-BUS app. There are two types for E39, please try the other one.

biernus

May 27, 2009

Plase check my short film
and look @4sec - ibus won't start automat after sleep only "flash" ..... and nothing.
Watch the entire movie and you can see how I run the ibus app manually and then start up the next (2) applications (automatically)

blue_racer

Jul 14, 2017
Dresden
www.ibus-app.de
Plase check my short film
and look @4sec - ibus won't start automat after sleep only "flash" ..... and nothing.
Watch the entire movie and you can see how I run the ibus app manually and then start up the next (2) applications (automatically)
Looks as if I may see I-BUS app logo for a short moment at start, but seems not to start.
Which unit with which MCU are you using?
(How to check this?)
If you start the app manually, we start those 2 apps, as I guess!? Means this do work properly?

biernus

May 27, 2009
Looks as if I may see I-BUS app logo for a short moment at start, but seems not to start.
Which unit with which MCU are you using?
(How to check this?)
If you start the app manually, we start those 2 apps, as I guess!? Means this do work properly?

MCU MTCE_GS_V3.73
Unit: PB7839BP
And yes... If I start manually ibus app, it starts ok and opens the other 2 apps I want automatically. (like on the film)

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
I am clearly doing something wrong. Can someone please explain to me how to remove the track data. I do not want any reference to radio, poweramp, etc etc on i-BUS but try as I might I cannot shift it. I visited a mate this evening and sat and had a check of the settings. Everything I can see is off. Thanks

Screenshot (Dec 7, 2021 19_23_57).png

whitewolf8111

Dec 23, 2012
I am clearly doing something wrong. Can someone please explain to me how to remove the track data. I do not want any reference to radio, poweramp, etc etc on i-BUS but try as I might I cannot shift it. I visited a mate this evening and sat and had a check of the settings. Everything I can see is off. Thanks

View attachment 5479495
Go to the I-BUS "Settings"; Then "On-board computer"; Then scroll down towards the bottom of the list and select "Track Info Position"; and select "Disable". The track info should be gone then.

whitewolf8111

Dec 23, 2012
I have made a quick recording of the issue and what I have done to try and solve it. Cheers

I-Bus
First, try setting right below the Track Info Position setting, Track Control Buttons and uncheck that one (if not already), and see what happens.

Have you tried disabling the track info when you're in the OBC Wide mode? Or any other mode?

And if that still doesn't work, what I would try next is to go make a backup of your I-BUS settings, then reset the app to defaults;
There is an option right under the Import/Export App settings: in I-BUS settings, General App Settings, Delete App Data, and this will keep your activation and wipe everything else. Or you could wipe the settings under the Android Settings, Apps, find and select the I-BUS app, go down to Storage & Cache, and then Clear Storage.
Then, with everything default in the app, try to disable the track info again and see if it works.

To remove those consumptions or any other values, press and hold on the title of what you are wanting to remove (OR relocate) and it will become free to move around, then a trash can icon will appear at the bottom right, and drag it over the top of the trash icon and release, and they will go away.

As for the Oil value and others not working, read THIS. I too don't have oil values and is likely due to a bad oil level sensor (oil temp sensor is built into the these).

Top Liked Posts

We got a beta version for IX series trying to fix this issue for auto start in most cases - no idea if it will work for not-recommended IA series (due to its hardware).
    To get this version write a PM.

Another try was to use another launcher and add I-BUS app in auto start there, e.g. iDrive launcher: https://idrive.ibus-app.de
    Thanks for the prompt response @blue_racer - I'll DM you for the version.

I forgot to mention I tried using another launcher and am using iDrive Launcher at this time, auto start in there hasn't been successful either unfortunately.
    We got a beta version for IX series trying to fix this issue for auto start in most cases - no idea if it will work for not-recommended IA series (due to its hardware).
    To get this version write a PM.

Another try was to use another launcher and add I-BUS app in auto start there, e.g. iDrive launcher: https://idrive.ibus-app.de
    Thanks for the prompt response @blue_racer - I'll DM you for the version.

I forgot to mention I tried using another launcher and am using iDrive Launcher at this time, auto start in there hasn't been successful either unfortunately.
    So I think it would be good to create a discussion thread here on XDA for the amazing BMW I-Bus App.
    This app is a requirement for anyone with an aftermarket Android head unit and a BMW factory DSP amp, and a must have for any BMW fanatics!

For those that don't know;
    "The I-BUS app is an Android application that serves to display your on-board computer on an Android device and integrates many comfort / coding functions in your vehicle." - And so much more!

49737308316_1ebe1e0332_s.jpg
    ON-BOARD COMPUTER
    Reproduce the original on-board computer completely.
    In addition, there are many other values to display that were previously not possible.
    49736768393_00286461eb_s.jpg
    LIGHT CONTROL
    You have always missed comfort blinking and cornering lights in your vehicle?
    The app can do that and much more.
    49736768418_4f57d78817_o.png
    CODING
    Code your light module, PDC and DSP in the vehicle by yourself.
    The range of functions varies depending on year of manufacture and vehicle.
    49736768363_2a9752005e_s.jpg
    PDC
    Use the app to display the exact distance and a visualization of the original parking system.
    49737308366_2c582b36cf_s.jpg
    INFORMATION
    View information about your vehicle, such as service data, coded units and language and VIN.
    49736768403_d9cfab69cb_s.jpg
    DSP
    Use the I-BUS app to control the original digital sound processor without losing settings or sound quality.

49736768783_403ae978c8_z.jpg
    49737640227_3ca7ed972c_z.jpg

49736768523_d86188fc1d_z.jpg
    49737308621_935b69f8c7_z.jpg

49737308531_e82d2b3f25_z.jpg
    49737640252_c5d769cb82_z.jpg

49737640322_ab013955d2_z.jpg
    49736768638_2ca3c3d05e_z.jpg

First, lets start with all the valuable links I have accumulated:
    I-Bus App HomePage - Downloads & General Info​
    I-Bus App FAQ - A good place to start​
    I-Bus App Wiki - A good read with a lot of useful info​
    Official I-Bus App Forum - The main I-Bus App forum​
    Original I-Bus App Thread - E39-Forum (German forum)​
    BMW Head Unit Install Guide - A great thread with a lot of very useful install info that I helped with.​
    I-Bus App Shop - THE place to buy App licenses and head unit install accessories​

My recommend setup:
    Head Unit - Xtrons or Avin ( I use the Xtrons in my sig)​
    MCU - At least v3.40 (For GS MCU's) (I'm currently running v3.62 GS without any problems) I will not link any MCU's as there is risk involved in updating the MCU. Do your research first!​
    Launcher - FCC Car Launcher - For me, this is the best launcher and works well with the I-Bus App.​

Steering Wheel Controls (SWC):
    **If you're having issues with your SWC's or can't get any keycodes to pull up, the first thing you need to do is:
    In the I-Bus App, Go to Settings; Other; And make sure BOTH the 2nd and 3rd options down are checked and enabled for "Steering wheel button control (Enable control of music and volume with steering wheel buttons.(without CAN bus box)" and the "PX6/PX5/PX3 device (steering wheel control head units with PX5/PX3 boards)".​
    None of my keys, except volume (because the MCU controls volume), worked at all without these options enabled.​
    *Update* With the latest versions of the I-BUS App, it now has assignable SWC's, plus a "Long press" option for the Next and Previous buttons... Though I currently can't get the long press to work . But everything else works great!​

I-Bus App issues:
    Some report stability issues with I-Bus app, mostly crashing. Some people are also having issues with the touchscreen and buttons stops responding. I can't say as though I have ever had the touch screen or button issue, but I did have some crashing issues. To me, the touchscreen and button issue would seem to have more to do with the MCU than it would the I-Bus app, but it's hard to say.​
    Lately, everything is working MUCH better for me. I'm not quite sure what made everything run so much better, maybe the updates to the I-BUS app or a combination of all these things I've done recently:​
    Updated to v3.62 MCU (I have a GS MCU)​
    Updated from Malaysk Android 8 ROM to Hal9k Mod V5 Android 10
    Updated to latest Beta version of FCC Car Launcher. This is one of the best running versions I've used thanks to all the hard work @SpeedFire- has put in. Others are reporting good results with this launcher and the I-Bus app too! Please give it a try!​

So let the discussion begin! I will try to help when and where I can.:good:
    So I think it would be good to create a discussion thread here on XDA for the amazing BMW I-Bus App.
    This app is a requirement for anyone with a BMW factory DSP amp, and a must have for any BMW fanatics!
    So let the discussion begin! I will try to help when and where I can.:good:

Thanks for this thread!

If there are any questions regarding the I-BUS app, please feel free to ask me as support of it. :highfive:
    OK, So I just did a little testing re CPU usage and temperature. My head unit is a Dasaita PX6/MTCE, and I was using the SystemPanel2 app to take measurements. I had the system playing music on Poweramp, with Google Maps running in the background along with sundry other apps (Tasker, Viper, iBus App etc). After about 20 minutes, CPU usage was minimal (between 0 and 25%), system temps stable at around 55C (Ambient 17C, so 38C above ambient). Was monitoring App CPU usage, and iBus App did not even show up on the list. So that was all as expected really. I will do another test later with iBus App running in the foreground showing continuous OBC data and will let you know my results

Thanks for checking that for me. That's good, you don't seem to have the issue. For me, it only happened when some certain setting was enabled. Otherwise it had normal CPU usage. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the I-Bus App, as I could kill the app and usage would drop back to normal. Or I could wipe the settings back to default and usage would be normal until I went through and setup my I-Bus app settings again.

Hopefully, your PX6 doesn't get this bug, or you may not have that particular setting enabled. I've tried going through and ticking one setting at a time, then restart the unit, observe the usage, then come out of sleep, observe the usage again, then enable the next option and repeat it all over again for each option... Very tedious. At first it seemed like it was the "Units" conversion (changing everything to USA; Miles, Gallons, HP etc.) But, after redoing it all again, the "Units" conversion seems to work okay now (though, I think there is one or two settings I didn't change...)

I figured out what wire it is I have disconnected from my CanBus box, it just has to do with the "Consumer Shutdown" or "VA" as can be seen in the Wiki HERE. I have the ACC power to the unit wired up with a SPDT switch to be able to choose between the VA wiring and the normal switched ignition power, and until they fix some of the issues with it, I've just been running it normal switched power. But they are working a new solution, and maybe in the next release(???). And I was wrong on the color of the wire, I don't know where I got red, but it's a brown/black wire and is "Key 2" for aftermarket steering wheel controls (add on type), and needs to be removed when running in VA mode, to "Avoid app zapping"(?!!lol). You could temporarily remove it and see if it helps with any SWC problems. I don't have or plan to have any aftermarket add in SWC's, so I just left that one unplugged to be able to switch back and forth easily with the flick of a switch and a change in the I-Bus setting.
    Just remember for SWC's to work, that both the SWC options in the I-Bus app, "Automatic wheel button control" and "PX6/PX5/PX3 device", under "Other", need to be enabled; Factory settings CanBus set to "None"; and I can't remember if this one mattered or not but, in Factory Settings, Other, "Steering wheel keys assignment" set to "SWC Key".
    Thanks for starting this thread. I just installed a Dasaita MAX6 into my 1999 M5 this week, and used i-bus app and the Resler Interface to make use of the existing DSP. It was all very easy to set up. The i-bus app itself is excellent, so much functionality, I'm still trying to digest it all!

One question, I love the programable light sequences, but how do you trigger them? Can they be made to trigger on lock/unlock? The documentation only says that they can be triggered by the numbered buttons 1-6, but I don't have those buttons on my aftermarket head unit

Well, you have to change the wiring of the radio to "consumer shutdown".. but since do not work propperly on all cars, we recommend NOT to use this.. some cars do not shut down this way and empty battery by night.. or it simply do not work. This is caused by the car itself, we may not handle this.

That's why we work on another solution since some month stay patient, solution will come.. more infos when it's ready to talk about it ;)
    Hi, my only idea was to use the "automatic app start" in the I-BUS app and set the launcher as app to start, when I-BUS app has started.
    No sure every launcher is available as app to start, but this was a try.

I apologize. I have to correct myself.
    Currently I cannot find the "Launcher" in my app list.
    For the next version we will add the "Home" function to the list for the app start, so that you can switch back to it automatically.