General [Discussion] What's the explanation of 10 seconds AOD ?!

Search This thread

Abdullah.Csit

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
Yes, I'm one of whom getting worries about this worried feature,bug... whatever they call it. In latest firmware updates xaiomi trying to hide or removing the "Disable Miui optimization" Option from developer option! from all note 10 series. So, what's going on ?
Are they trying to remove or disable this option to making AOD exclusive to flagship devices and laughing on us by 10 seconds ?

Or there is problem with note 10 series screens that they won't us to know, which I hope it's not 🧐.

Fell free to discuss without breaking the rules of community :p

Reactions: Sanskar Mandothia

b0mb

Mar 9, 2013
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Yes, I'm one of whom getting worries about this worried feature,bug... whatever they call it. In latest firmware updates xaiomi trying to hide or removing the "Disable Miui optimization" Option from developer option! from all note 10 series. So, what's going on ?
Are they trying to remove or disable this option to making AOD exclusive to flagship devices and laughing on us by 10 seconds ?

Or there is problem with note 10 series screens that they won't us to know, which I hope it's not 🧐.

it´s just a matter of time and someone brings a working magisk module or something else for our device....

or maybe we have to to with a custom rom in the near future to get a working AOD ;)

i don´t care about development for our device as its a REDMI ;)

Abdullah.Csit

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi 9
it´s just a matter of time and someone brings a working magisk module or something else for our device....

or maybe we have to to with a custom rom in the near future to get a working AOD ;)

i don´t care about development for our device as its a REDMI ;)

I'm with you at development point.
But I'm just wondering if it Feature limit ! or serious matter that we don't know it yet.
maybe if the AOD works all the time will make an damage or something. We need some confirms

ptr21

Sep 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
But I'm just wondering if it Feature limit ! or serious matter that we don't know it yet.
maybe if the AOD works all the time will make an damage or something. We need some confirms
I have working AOD. Magisk+AOD patch for Mi 10 Lite.
No battery drain if picture is not attached.
received_891641464728524.jpeg

Reactions: Ali Zaman

ptr21

Sep 7, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I know there is module, We Don't know if it's safe or not.

give us a feedback on long term.
I rooted my device on 25.03.
As I had Mi 10 Lite before with Magisk and patches (Mi 10 Lite has also 10 sec AOD), I tried the patch from it. It worked. I got the patch from 4PDA thread. Noticed little battery drain when added picture. Now its 2 weeks, no problems.
Redmi Note 10 Pro 6/128, MiuiMix 12.06 + Magisk root.

Last edited:

b0mb

Mar 9, 2013
Redmi Note 10 Pro
ok... got it working now.... the turn once turned light grey after a while but only for about 2 or 3 seconds...

first i´ve downloaded miui aod apk from 13.01.2021 using apklmirror and installed this with mixplorer

then i did a reboot und flashed the magisk module and did another reboot

we´ll see how good it works but actually it seems to be quite ok ;)

edit:

sometimes the screen keeps grey for up to 10 seconds...

i think we need a proper solution just for our device...

Last edited:

amcalo

Sep 25, 2011
I think that the AOD option is not allowed in rmn10pro due to the non proximity sensor

davide.an120

Jan 25, 2015
I think that the AOD option is not allowed in rmn10pro due to the non proximity sensor
well... they can use the light sensor, when is near dark they should dim the AoD at really low level for save battery, but if i read ALWAYS ON display, i want a display that stay on ALWAYS, otherwise they should call it "ten seconds screensaver" like the old gsm phones... i buy a oled smartphone only for this reason and now i'm very angry with xiaomi

Superdrac

Sep 22, 2012
well... they can use the light sensor, when is near dark they should dim the AoD at really low level for save battery, but if i read ALWAYS ON display, i want a display that stay on ALWAYS, otherwise they should call it "ten seconds screensaver" like the old gsm phones... i buy a oled smartphone only for this reason and now i'm very angry with xiaomi
On the stock rom we were able to set more than 10 seconds. When I received my phone, before switching to xiaomi.eu rom, I disabled the MIUI optimisations, and it was working great.

davide.an120

Jan 25, 2015
i try by disabling miui optimization but i loose some functions and battery discharge too fast, cause the brightness is always at max

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have working AOD. Magisk+AOD patch for Mi 10 Lite.
    No battery drain if picture is not attached.
    received_891641464728524.jpeg