[DISCUSSION] What's the first phone you've ever owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Thought it would be ammusing to know how far we've all come along to get to this lovely os we call android today.

Post your first phone you ever owned. Hell post em all for all I care. Let the ammusement begin!

My very first phone was a motorola n95, then went to a nokia. Can't remember the name (old cheap phone).

[G2/HTC Vision]

Sleef

Jun 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Let's see...

I had a damn beeper for a while. They always say it's drug dealers that have 'em but it works both ways. ;^)

My first cellular phone was a Nokia with a pea soup colored screen.

A Sony Ericcson phone that was tiny with a color screen and a camera.

My aesthetic favorite, a pink Motorola Razr with flowers etched into it. I got a ton of crap for it, which I always thought was funny. "My phone is totally an expression of my masculinity, bra!"

Had a Blackberry for a month which got me my first taste of push emails. Then...

G1, baby! Mind blowing! Totally bricked it! Within an hour, I went to the store to try again with...

MyTouch 3G Slide. Enough like my G1 to keep me happy and my first battle with Sense UI. (Gross.)

HD2. Easy to run many different builds on but screen freezes and data drops made it a pain. (No, I never really used WinMo. Tried it. Hated it.)

G2. Back to basics. Love it.

Reactions: y2jcamu

eyoung1978

Jul 17, 2010
Had a beeper for a couple years then the first phone was a motorola star tac. Still the best phone I ever had.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Reactions: Doddzilla

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
To think how cell phones evolved. I can imagine in another 10 years what we will have at the palm of our hands. Anyone remember those huge saved by the bell phones? Lmao

[G2/HTC Vision]

Reactions: theblackpig

shady503403

Jul 23, 2009
Let's see.. had a old school nokia with the cool faceplates.. loved that back in the day. Really durable phone for sure, moved to the tiny samsung camera flip phone with lil antennea.. then to a samsung t809 I think it was, was a slider with camera that swiveled.. loved this phone to death.. had it till battery gave out, moved to nokia music express slider.. pos screen cracked in a week, so that sucked.. got a samsung blast after that.. pos. Then bb pearl.. pos. Then got a tmobile shadow, loved that phone. Still do, let my friend use that bad boy. Then got a mytouch3g. The first version.. got a taste of android and have been hooked since, then got a cliq for a tiny bit. Now I'm on my G2... :) best phone ever for my needs as a 21yr old.. plus.. first nokia I had when I was in 4th grade..

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Reactions: mjr_havoc

ratchetrizzo

Jun 3, 2010
Newark, DE
Motorola microtac ultra lite and my sister had a motorola dpc-550 circa 1993/94
(first pic is the ultra lite, except mine was light gray with green digits cause it was on bell atlantic, the second pic is the dpc-550, which was also light gray with green digits cause it was BAM)

I still have a microtac ELITE and a second gen startac (green lcd display and contacts for a fat piggy back battery) in my desk drawer of old **** at work. See the third attached pic for actual proof that I still have them, took that a couple weeks ago to mess with my boss.

Sent from two solo cups and a really long string connected to the innerwebs

Attachments

• c0034770_4b9c8ae794a51.jpg
    c0034770_4b9c8ae794a51.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Motorola_A_DPC-550.jpg
    Motorola_A_DPC-550.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 77008_168647433164456_100000576014083_467779_5783598_n.jpg
    77008_168647433164456_100000576014083_467779_5783598_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,458
Last edited:
Reactions: Note_2

Wunako

Dec 6, 2010
Houston
First phone was a nokia, don't remember the name but you could change the back and stuff than I had a motorola RIZR I think its called it was the slide one, then got a behold which was alright, lost it got a behold II (first android phone), and now I'm happy with my G2

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, but I closed this thread because it isn't generating that much discussion and I am not sure if there is a point to an uncurated list of people's device history.
    Thought it would be ammusing to know how far we've all come along to get to this lovely os we call android today.

Post your first phone you ever owned. Hell post em all for all I care. Let the ammusement begin!

My very first phone was a motorola n95, then went to a nokia. Can't remember the name (old cheap phone).

[G2/HTC Vision]
    Siemens c55 ;)

Teleported from my brain cells
    2 cups tied to a string....

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
    MOTO RAZR still beats my G2 :p