[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

historys

Dec 2, 2020
Hey all,

Just wondering if there's an Android tablet anyone here would recommend that's (relatively) easy to root? Ideally 7 - 8", I recently tried with a Samsung T295 but couldn't seem to get past Knox flagging the software as compromised when using Magisk.
man never root on samsung their knox **** is strong as ****

OliviaParcker

Apr 16, 2021
well, I don't know what to say about Xiaomi / Redmi / Oppo. Yes, for its price, the quality is not bad. But at the same time, the processor is very weak, and the camera is not bad, I agree

OLivia Parcker developer"work time"

Last edited:

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
Would like to buy a Poco F3, but the delayed notifications bug in MIUI is holding me back.
Miui on Poco F3 also has full gestures issue with 3rd party launchers. Asking them they claim Android 11 doesn't allow it or something but I have no issue with Android 11 nova launcher and full gestures with oneplus phone

However now is best time to get any phone as price will likely soon be going up for every brand due to chip shortage.

painx

Jun 19, 2014
Hello people. I'm looking for a replacement for my Nexus 6. I hate overheating a lot. I'm looking for a best buy - 230-250$ replacement that will have resist few years. I've been searching the market and all I see is Xiaomi. Is it that good? Hit me up with the best suggestions you can give me for the mentioned price. Thank you.

Hello people. I'm looking for a replacement for my Nexus 6. I hate overheating a lot. I'm looking for a best buy - 230-250$ replacement that will have resist few years. I've been searching the market and all I see is Xiaomi. Is it that good? Hit me up with the best suggestions you can give me for the mentioned price. Thank you.
Hi, You don't mention if your a gamer or want to run stock or need root and custom rom. I usually never recommend hardware but it will make it a lot easier for others to reply. Good luck with your new purchase.

painx

Jun 19, 2014
Hi, You don't mention if your a gamer or want to run stock or need root and custom rom. I usually never recommend hardware but it will make it a lot easier for others to reply. Good luck with your new purchase.
I'm a fan of customizations. Every phone I had I installed custom roms, root and everything. As for gaming let's call it to none from casual (Moba, Gatcha, PUBG Mobile).

Reactions: Dunkelschunkel
I'm a fan of customizations. Every phone I had I installed custom roms, root and everything. As for gaming let's call it to none from casual (Moba, Gatcha, PUBG Mobile).
Yes, most important is the customization. Regardless of the prize. The device should support custom roms twrp and evrything else.
That said, my price bracket would be between 100 and 200 € max. Even a little lower if ticks all boxes.

K1st3n

May 1, 2021
Hey people,

I hope you can help me, because currently I'm a bit lost. I'm looking for a new phone since my Nokia 7 plus is dying.

I live in germany and I'm looking for something with a good or at least decent camera and not more than 800€
It would be nice to be able to install a custom rom but it's not my main point.
Currently I looked at the vivo x60 pro plus, xiami mi 11 pro, xiaomi mi 10 ultra, oppo find x2 pro but can't really decide. Can anyone pls help me or has an idea that I forgot to think about?

Thanks in advance

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
Hey all,

Just wondering if there's an Android tablet anyone here would recommend that's (relatively) easy to root? Ideally 7 - 8", I recently tried with a Samsung T295 but couldn't seem to get past Knox flagging the software as compromised when using Magisk.
love my Samsung smt713

use it with my mavic pro - fits perfect..

Adeelnm

May 6, 2021
Have nexus 6p since 2017. It was working fine. I had no issue that it doesn't get any more Google update etc.
After 2020, battery started to cause issues. At first few months I didn't notice this but it randomly shuts down even at 60. This issue got worse. It now shuts down even at 75.
As I am typing, I have it charging because I don't want to lose what I wrote.
There are ways like replace the battery and sale it etc etc. But to be honest, I don't want to do. I am more than happy with it.
My usage is quora, youtube, ludo and hardly 1 or 2 other apps.
Budget is $200 max. Please suggest phones that can replace this device

Last edited:

wreck_it_ralph

• May 14, 2021
    Nexus 9
    Moto X4
    I just ordered the Pixel 4a. Not the flashiest phone on the market but I've read the camera is decent and I want to play with that some. I'm on a budget and my choices are limited on Google fi. I'm still excited to have a Pixel. I haven't tried one as of yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
      For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
      Asus Padfone for me!
      Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
      Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.