• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I have got to say we kind of get screwed in the United States especially in Verizon. I'm looking for a new phone running the snapdragon 888, 512 GB or SD card sorry and a 6.6 or smaller screen size. Every phone I find I like won't work with my carrier.

On a side note I don't want Samsung phones. I'm looking at the Sony Xperia, but jeez that price tag hurts. Wish Nokia would do their 10 preview. Any other suggestions?

Jun 26, 2021
I currently have the OnePlus 9 and I am thinking about switching over to the ASUS Zenfone 8.

I'm a fan of smaller phones, and I thought the OnePlus would impress me but the only thing I can speak really good about it is the WarpCharge feature. Still a good phone, just not my taste.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hey everyone,

I am a long time sprint user and have been loving my S10 5G WITH ROOT.

T-Mobile now owns sprint or whatever and I am being informed that come January 2022, my phone will no longer function on the CDMA network. From my understanding, this means no voice. Data will still function, but calls and text will not.

As not to my surprise, T-Mobile is not willing to do squat to help me. They are giving out a "free" phone. This just means zero down, but with a 24 month installment plan. How am I not surprised? This is how they are getting me out of my grandfathered plan which I refuse to leave.

So I am stuck fronting the cost of another phone - I don't mind too much.

What I do mind - I love Samsung devices. I wanted the S21 but since android 11 update, it is no longer able to be rooted. Root is a must for me. Another thing with Samsung devices - you can force the LTE band you want it to connect to. I love this because it greatly improves my speeds and service in different areas.

I am here asking if anyone can give me some new phone recommendations that meet my criteria:

1. MUST be able to be rooted
2. MUST be able to support the new T-Mobile network
3. HIGHLY DESIRED to be able to select/force a specific LTE band

Please share any ideas you may have!

My last resort is to keep what I have, and use Google Voice for everything.

Hippie459MN

Hey everyone,

I am a long time sprint user and have been loving my S10 5G WITH ROOT.

T-Mobile now owns sprint or whatever and I am being informed that come January 2022, my phone will no longer function on the CDMA network. From my understanding, this means no voice. Data will still function, but calls and text will not.

As not to my surprise, T-Mobile is not willing to do squat to help me. They are giving out a "free" phone. This just means zero down, but with a 24 month installment plan. How am I not surprised? This is how they are getting me out of my grandfathered plan which I refuse to leave.

So I am stuck fronting the cost of another phone - I don't mind too much.

What I do mind - I love Samsung devices. I wanted the S21 but since android 11 update, it is no longer able to be rooted. Root is a must for me. Another thing with Samsung devices - you can force the LTE band you want it to connect to. I love this because it greatly improves my speeds and service in different areas.

I am here asking if anyone can give me some new phone recommendations that meet my criteria:

1. MUST be able to be rooted
2. MUST be able to support the new T-Mobile network
3. HIGHLY DESIRED to be able to select/force a specific LTE band

Please share any ideas you may have!

My last resort is to keep what I have, and use Google Voice for everything.

Hey me too... Im still using my old Galaxy S5 and I have a Galaxy S8+ thats unlocked (Used to be an AT&T phone) I was going to switch to but if your S10 wont work, my S8+ certainly wont. The new Sony Experia 1 III looks like and amazing phone but wont be released until mid Aug and who knows if root will be available. But if it is, im on board. Until then, im shopping for a rootable phone as well, and it MUST have an SD card slot that will work on this new T-Mobile stuff.

nitinyadav07

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2021
I am looking for a phone that has the following requirements.
  • Must be launched in 2020+
  • Must have 3400+mah battery
  • Must have 15+w charger or fast charging
  • Must have fingerprint
  • Must have good specs that can play games like clash royale, gardenscapes,ludo etc
  • Screen size above 5.4
Right now I only got Poco X3 pro suggestion. But I need more phones to consider. Like at least 5.
You can go for a Samsung Galaxy F22 smartphone with Helio G80 processor. This one has good performance and is low on cost as well.

Not really. I decided to go for Poco X3 Pro, because it's got gorilla glas 6. This in combination with a good cover may be enough to protect it sufficently.
If you're a german citizen as I suppose, there's a deal for this smartphone today - check out the poco app.
I spidered my Poco f2 pro and was told that (besides being a hefty 190€) there Is a chance the phone detects a replaced component and because of this switches off the fingerprint reader, since I use it a lot I'm typing this on a cracked device. anyone knows if this's true?

Hey me too... Im still using my old Galaxy S5 and I have a Galaxy S8+ thats unlocked (Used to be an AT&T phone) I was going to switch to but if your S10 wont work, my S8+ certainly wont. The new Sony Experia 1 III looks like and amazing phone but wont be released until mid Aug and who knows if root will be available. But if it is, im on board. Until then, im shopping for a rootable phone as well, and it MUST have an SD card slot that will work on this new T-Mobile stuff.
why don't you opt for a II, III is very expensive, no root (yet), minor changes all around (from what I read)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.