• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread
Not really. I decided to go for Poco X3 Pro, because it's got gorilla glas 6. This in combination with a good cover may be enough to protect it sufficently.
If you're a german citizen as I suppose, there's a deal for this smartphone today - check out the poco app.
I spidered my Poco f2 pro and was told that (besides being a hefty 190€) there Is a chance the phone detects a replaced component and because of this switches off the fingerprint reader, since I use it a lot I'm typing this on a cracked device. anyone knows if this's true?

Hey me too... Im still using my old Galaxy S5 and I have a Galaxy S8+ thats unlocked (Used to be an AT&T phone) I was going to switch to but if your S10 wont work, my S8+ certainly wont. The new Sony Experia 1 III looks like and amazing phone but wont be released until mid Aug and who knows if root will be available. But if it is, im on board. Until then, im shopping for a rootable phone as well, and it MUST have an SD card slot that will work on this new T-Mobile stuff.
why don't you opt for a II, III is very expensive, no root (yet), minor changes all around (from what I read)

Nov 28, 2013
pescara
Hi
I need to replace a bq x2 pro whose screen cable got cut..
I'd like as a compact mobile, where acr works flawlessly, and would not like to spend more than 300 euro
I tried with an LG g8 but people I called couldn't hear me if I was on speakerphone..
I don't know whether to try with another g8 or some xperia 10/5 ii/iii
Don't know why but I feel like Chinaphones like vivo OPPO etc have a bad lifespan..
What do you advice?

Last edited:

nitinyadav07

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2021
Hi
I'd like as a compact mobile, where acr works flawlessly, and would not like to spend more than 300 euro
I tried with an LG g8 but people I called couldn't hear me if I was on speakerphone..
I don't know whether to try with another g8 or some xperia 10/5 ii/iii
Don't know why but I feel like Chinaphones like vivo OPPO etc have a bad lifespan..
What do you advice?
Yeah, Chinese ones are short-lived and not really durable. But the ones at high cost could do well. You can go for something like OnePlus Nord 2 with Dimensity 1200 processor. This can do well enough.

Reactions: ankitgupta01

mobnoob

Dec 25, 2014
LG G3
Lenovo P2

I never heard that brand before, I suggest you look at Xiaomi or POCO in your price range.
I owned so many phones from Sony, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Lenovo, Google and waiting a Poco M3 to arrive.
In my opinion the only phone Samsung ever made right was the S2, what they make now is just overpriced marketing crap.
So disappointed also about LG phones (I bought 5-6 years ago) due to the manufacturing quality and very very poor battery endurance.
The latest Motorola are OK.
Lenovo P2 has been good and I'm waiting to replace it with the Poco M3.
Very very bad experience with the Google pixel 2XL, the phone is OK but the battery doesn't last half day!
I like the latest Nokia for their manufacturing quality but again the battery endurance disappoints me.
As you can see my bad experience was with Korean phones including the Google one which I believe it's a Google design made in China.
Xiaomi is a Chinese brand and it has became the second world's most sought phone so do you thing this is a fake detail?

mobnoob

Dec 25, 2014
LG G3
Lenovo P2
Yeah, Chinese ones are short-lived and not really durable. But the ones at high cost could do well. You can go for something like OnePlus Nord 2 with Dimensity 1200 processor. This can do well enough.
I wholly disagree with you r statements.
China has caught up with the phone industry and the latest middle range phones can easily beat any other brand from America or Korea for price and performances.
The phone you suggested is way off the OP's price range.

Shadowthor

Jul 18, 2021
Agreed, you need to check which bands you need. Example: For Bell and Telus, if you need 5G you need a phone that supports n66 band. For Rogers, I think it has two 5G bands.

Nov 28, 2013
pescara
I never heard that brand before, I suggest you look at Xiaomi or POCO in your price range.
I owned so many phones from Sony, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Lenovo, Google and waiting a Poco M3 to arrive.
In my opinion the only phone Samsung ever made right was the S2, what they make now is just overpriced marketing crap.
So disappointed also about LG phones (I bought 5-6 years ago) due to the manufacturing quality and very very poor battery endurance.
The latest Motorola are OK.
Lenovo P2 has been good and I'm waiting to replace it with the Poco M3.
Very very bad experience with the Google pixel 2XL, the phone is OK but the battery doesn't last half day!
I like the latest Nokia for their manufacturing quality but again the battery endurance disappoints me.
As you can see my bad experience was with Korean phones including the Google one which I believe it's a Google design made in China.
Xiaomi is a Chinese brand and it has became the second world's most sought phone so do you thing this is a fake detail?
Bq used to be a Spaniard brand.. not bad i assume... Till I had smashed the screen twice....
Nokia was tempting me, but no jack and some other feature made me change idea

I've never used a xiaomi.. Any bad side of it?

mobnoob

Dec 25, 2014
LG G3
Lenovo P2
I've never used a xiaomi.. Any bad side of it?
All phones are different even if they are from the same brand.
Xiaomi is now the second in the world for sales and that tells a lot.
Generally speaking when you buy a new model of electronics (including computer hardware and software, games etc. etc.) there are always some little things to that need tuning and regarding phone it's accomplished by releasing an updated firmware or ROM.
I never had a Xiaomi (I'm waiting for a M3) but I read a lot on forums and on GSMArena and XDA Developers, you can also check the POCO forums.
The first releases of the M3 had some little issues that were already fixed.
Years ago I bought a Motorola for my mum and that phone also has some little issues BUT it works and it does what we need.
So the same is for Xiaomi and it depends on what what specific model you're looking for.

nitinyadav07

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2021
I wholly disagree with you r statements.
China has caught up with the phone industry and the latest middle range phones can easily beat any other brand from America or Korea for price and performances.
The phone you suggested is way off the OP's price range.
China is doing well because people are loving the cheap stuff which delivers more on paper these days more than quality. And besides, Mediatek chipsets have a huge role in making these smartphones affordable.

Reactions: mobnoob

Top Liked Posts