• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread
What is contradictory
Oh no, nothing wrong with your desires, just wanted to express that it would be rare combination of features. And until the second link I wasnt sure if there was any phone matching this.

As you know: The world moves/moved away from replaceable batteries. With 3G it was still very common but with 4G and more so with 5G it'll be hard to find phones with user accessible batteries.

Believe me, I am not a fan of this trend neither :cool:

I wonder if you'll find something with all/most of your features - if you do, drop me a line. I am really curious how this search will end (y)

PS: Don't despair - last time I worked through the entire list of LOS devices (some 380 links) to finally chose Asus X00TD (and still very happy with it). And that took countless hours and lasted over 3 months o_O:ROFLMAO:

sledgebeast

Feb 23, 2014
I see what you mean about the Battery & Back Cover on most brands now.
I would probably have to go with some Obscure Brand to get all that like a Wiko Ride
I Don't want a weird brand which might bite me in the rear in some other way.

As luck would have it I was talking to my mom today about the 3g Shutdown...
In Fact she is the one who gave me her old S3 I am using atm.
I was telling her how their about to can all these older phones.
We were discussing due to this how many millions more phones would end of at the
bottom of the Ocean sad to say. When she explained to me how she
had cracked the edge of here S7 Edge and got a new phone a while back and it
actually still works. And that I yet again could have her old Phone. Again!
LOL

Last edited:

konikpk

Aug 30, 2010
Pezinok
Hi all

i performing phone change. Today i have Mi Note 10 Lite. I was really OK with battery, photo, performance. Im not playing games. I need all day on strava , GPS etc.
Now i wandering about Mi11T Pro , OnePlus 9 Pro.
I look about pixel 6 but this slow charge, and start problem i forget it.

Have any advise in this two?
Or any other aroung 600-700e?

PartyCrasher93

Jul 28, 2015
Hello everyone. I have dilemma. I currently have OnePlus 8T but I am thinking of returning and taking the Realme GT Neo 2. I mainly want a good display, battery and speaker. What should I do?

JamesCaywood

Jan 22, 2013
Wichita Falls
Anyone know a new android smartphone to root for Verizon carrier ? I got this galaxy note 9 sm-n960u long time ago and found out it couldn't be rooted bc the secure knox or some **** and didn't want to make that mistake again I would prefer a really new phone not one thats 2 to 3 years old to root

AngryWeirdo

Oct 6, 2014
Howdy friends!

I could use your help. I am currently sitting on exynos S8 and loving it. However, due to 3G shutdown international Samsung phones will no longer work on At&T network. I talked to a rep which told me that if I buy a Samsung Galaxy from EU/Asia it will not work in US starting next February.
That being said, could you please let me know which phone(s) received most modding support from the last couple years? I am mainly looking for root access and ability to install custom roms. Specs do not matter that much.
Many thanks!

Adeelnm

May 6, 2021
Go for redmi 9t or any other smartphone in similar range? Say 25000 to max 30000 pkr or $225-$240.
Previously used nexus 5x for 4 years. Only apps that I used were gardenscapes, wordscapes, quora, YouTube, WhatsApp and maybe 2-4 more.
I have no issue with battery capacity but it must be greater than nexus 5x

Last edited:
Reactions: GeniusTechman20
Jan 12, 2022
Go for redmi 9t or any other smartphone in similar range? Say 25000 to max 30000 pkr or $225-$240.
Previously used nexus 5x for 4 years. Only apps that I used were gardenscapes, wordscapes, quora, YouTube, WhatsApp and maybe 2-4 more.
How was the nexus like to use? I always wondered that lol

Adeelnm

May 6, 2021
It was extremely great. I always preferred nexus devices over others.
Camera, display, gaming, social media apps and almost everything else worked fine. Right now, I am not selling it etc because my father wanted a phone with big screen. So I handed it over to him and he is quite satisfied with it.
Same case with me too. I owned nexus 6p for 3 years before switching.

Reactions: GeniusTechman20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should I upgrade to Samsung Galaxy zflip 5G or wait for samsung 2022 flagship phones? I have a samsung galaxy S10+ right now.
    It was extremely great. I always preferred nexus devices over others.
    Camera, display, gaming, social media apps and almost everything else worked fine. Right now, I am not selling it etc because my father wanted a phone with big screen. So I handed it over to him and he is quite satisfied with it.
    Same case with me too. I owned nexus 6p for 3 years before switching.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.